Russian Man Arrested With Marijuana

Rimmer

Wonder how long it'll be before possession of marijuana is decriminalised throughout the World, as is now the case in North America & the UK ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hopefully neverbah.gif

Really? I thought the effects of that ridiculous US government anti-cannabis propaganda movie 'Reefer Madness' wasn't really taken seriously by anyone anymore. It was made in 1936, and most people who have watched it laugh at the absurdity of what the US government claimed marijuana would do to people. Oh well, maybe in another 10 years or so all people will learn not to take Reefer Madness seriously.

Marijuana has been proven to be a very beneficial herbal treatment for a variety of maladies and has been for centuries. In fact, before being made illegal in the US in the 1930's, mary jane was in over 60% of all medicines provided for treatment. Look it up. Hemp was also grown widely through out the US for making clothing, paper, etc... It was not until William Randolph Hearst saw hemp as a threat to his timber/paper empire when he began a crusade to make help illegal. He engaged politically powerful allies to ram it through the government. The rest is history. This is no secret, although most do not know this history. So basically the world has been deprived of this beneficial herb because some corporate mogul was concerned about his profits. Same as it always was.

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

• Like 1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder how long it'll be before possession of marijuana is decriminalised throughout the World, as is now the case in North America & the UK ?

Washington state and Colorado does not equal N America.

Err, 26 states have either decriminalized marijuana possession or have implemented medical marijuana laws. More states / districts getting on board every week. Washington DC and New York state are the two latest. They are finally starting to see the benefits of legalization and taxation. Plus releasing 10's of thousands non-violet dope smokers from prison to save the gubbamint and taxpayers $$$ on the ludicrous war on drugs.

• Like 2

We will get there!

We will get there!

Coming soon to a Pharmacy near you!

(unless of course if you live in Thailand)

He should have tried to pay the cops on the street, as soon as you are at soi 9 there are no deals to be made.

slightly inaccurate, its all deals once you are in the cells at soi 9, probably a little more costly tho

Maybe you could strike a deal at soi 9 if you have millions, but as soon as you are in the system there no bribes to get you off your charge.

And yes there are bribes to be had in the cells, like visiting privileges etc, but a farang once in the cells, can not bribe to get his charge dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Wrong !!

Normally when in jail the police will let you out on bail and keep your passport until your trial date. Bail is up to what the police want and after assaulting one, I'm sure this guys will be large.

I then thakes quite some time for the police to investigate you to see if you have had any similar charges here in LOS but again after the assault this can slow them down.

If the cop decides that tis should go to court then he makes his case and sends it off to the Prosecutor's office and THIS is when the corruption pay-off stops. Until that date which in this case could be 6 months or more, the defendant still has the opportunity to pay-off the police to drop the charges.

He should have NEVER assaulted the cop.

To be clear there are a (very) few jurisdictions in NA which have decriminalised ganja. In MOST jurisdictions the 'war on drugs' is still raging and destroying innocent lives. For the NA black and Latino communities simple possession carries significant jail time and props up an entire industry of incarceration.

Sent from my ME172V using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

spoken like someone who has never been to America, but has 'educated' himself reading biased material.

yeah, the white drug dealers are freed and given apologies. geesh

EVERYONE gets busted for pot in NA (including places where it is LEGAL - effin' Feds!!!) - there's no race card for this... and mikebike is correct in saying that it props up the (private) incarceration (institution). It's a very large biz!!! And all the while the cartels south of the border are laughing all the way to the banks whilst the idiot feds chase up weed "offenses" and gun/meth/coke sales south of the border go on as usual.... hypocrisy at it's best.

• 1 month later...

But they do make a difference between class 1 and class 2 drugs....! So I think at the police station he would have gotten a fine and thats it. Now he hit an officer, thats bad.

From memory, Thailand has 4 classes. Marijuana is on the 3rd. Punishment is serious for all classes. Easy info to find online.