46 embassies and consulates issue travel warnings for Bangkok

webfact

If you really got attacked it would make international news.

Uhu, so every assault on a foreigner is immediately broadcasted on the evening news. Which world do you live in?

Down in the south, I witnessed every week, assault on Thais and foreigners alike. Everything from stealing their bikes, wallets to brawls that got out of hand. Haven´t seen that in the news so far.

My guess is that you knew that already, hard to admit that you don´t know everything, ain't it?

The poster said he was attacked for political reasons because he was a Farang. Man bites dog yes that is major news and would make BBC.

The post you chose to ignore, "was assaulted at a market by Suthep's black shirt goons who were screaming at me that all farangs were Thaksin/Yingluck lovers." Yes Max that would hit the bigtime if true.

And if I say that my friend was assaulted by a gang of PAD members in the south during the 2010 protests, and it still didnt´t get on the news. I can´t be sure of what the poster said is true, but I do know that there a lot of these incidents that have gone unnoticed. Cops in the south are even worse than the cops in Bangkok..

Edited by maxme

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhu, so every assault on a foreigner is immediately broadcasted on the evening news. Which world do you live in?

Down in the south, I witnessed every week, assault on Thais and foreigners alike. Everything from stealing their bikes, wallets to brawls that got out of hand. Haven´t seen that in the news so far.

My guess is that you knew that already, hard to admit that you don´t know everything, ain't it?

The poster said he was attacked for political reasons because he was a Farang. Man bites dog yes that is major news and would make BBC.

The post you chose to ignore, "was assaulted at a market by Suthep's black shirt goons who were screaming at me that all farangs were Thaksin/Yingluck lovers." Yes Max that would hit the bigtime if true.

And if I say that my friend was assaulted by a gang of PAD members in the south during the 2010 protests, and it still didnt´t get on the news. I can´t be sure of what the poster said is true, but I do know that there a lot of these incidents that have gone unnoticed. Cops in the south are even worse than the cops in Bangkok..

Suthep's black shirt goons are not in the government and very much a minority. Big difference.

Suthep's black shirt goons are not in the government and very much a minority. Big difference.

So less chance of being on the news because of them or what was your point?

News is man bites dog not dog bites man. When a Farang is assaulted by a minority group in Thailand that is having a protest and pretending to shut down Bangkok that is big news. The story was phoney or it would have been picked up the media by now.

News is man bites dog not dog bites man. When a Farang is assaulted by a minority group in Thailand that is having a protest and pretending to shut down Bangkok that is big news. The story was phoney or it would have been picked up the media by now.

So according to you, if an assault on a foreigner isn't on the 6 o'clock news then that claim is obviously false. What dreamworld are you living in? This is Thailand, where the level if corruption could be compared to Mexico. Not all assaults or crimes are reported even when it comes to foreigners.

Notice that you will only spot such news when it's rape or assault on a journalist because these crimes are usually witnesses by more than a few and hard to prove against but a beating of an unknown foreigner in Nakhon somewhere however, easier to shrug off.

So according to you, if an assault on a foreigner isn't on the 6 o'clock news then that claim is obviously false. What dreamworld are you living in? This is Thailand, where the level if corruption could be compared to Mexico. Not all assaults or crimes are reported even when it comes to foreigners.

Notice that you will only spot such news when it's rape or assault on a journalist because these crimes are usually witnesses by more than a few and hard to prove against but a beating of an unknown foreigner in Nakhon somewhere however, easier to shrug off.

Suthep says, "Foreigners are dumber than Thais" and his black shirts attack foreigner yelling, "all farangs were Thaksin/Yingluck lovers."

No of course this, if true, would not hit the big time. I'm wrong. No one would read the headline "Foreigners attacked by Thai protestors"

@thailiketoo, not going in too many quotes. This happened in 2010 and nth got reported. Im not saying i know for certain that the op speaks the truth but you obviously can't prove he's not.

Edited by maxme

@thailiketoo, not going in too many quotes. This happened in 2010 and nth got reported. Im not saying i know for certain that the op speaks the truth but you obviously can't prove he's not.

As per usual on Thai Visa one poster is being asked to disprove an event than never happened. When will you guys learn. You can't disprove something that didn't happen. You said the guy got beat up. So prove it.

It is not me that bears the burden of proof. Thaksin is at a beer bar in Pattaya today drinking with me. OK you disprove it! See what I'm saying.

Tinkerbell is god. Prove me wrong? No of course not. You said the guy got beat up by black shirts. Offer some evidence that you are correct. Not me! I didn't get beat up.

It is the usual Thai Visa news chant. You (general you) tell a lie and ask me to disprove it. The person who tells the lie is the one who does the proof thing. A reporter writes a story. He should provide poof the story is true not me a reader provide proof he is wrong!

My gosh.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

As per usual on Thai Visa one poster is being asked to disprove an event than never happened. When will you guys learn. You can't disprove something that didn't happen. You said the guy got beat up. So prove it.

It is not me that bears the burden of proof. Thaksin is at a beer bar in Pattaya today drinking with me. OK you disprove it! See what I'm saying.

Tinkerbell is god. Prove me wrong? No of course not. You said the guy got beat up by black shirts. Offer some evidence that you are correct. Not me! I didn't get beat up.

It is the usual Thai Visa news chant. You (general you) tell a lie and ask me to disprove it. The person who tells the lie is the one who does the proof thing. A reporter writes a story. He should provide poof the story is true not me a reader provide proof he is wrong!

My gosh.

Well you who belong to the minority that likes to call anyone who disagree with you as red sympathizers shouldnt ride the concept of truth too hard as you discard any post that isn't sympathetic to your cause.

My gosh.

Well you who belong to the minority that likes to call anyone who disagree with you as red sympathizers shouldnt ride the concept of truth too hard as you discard any post that isn't sympathetic to your cause.

What is my cause? I've said on a number of occasions that I don't think Thailand should have elections and that Thaksin and Yingluck are corrupt.

Edited by thailiketoo

@ my bad, i should have rephrased it bit most of your answers are absolute, no proof of the responses are even accurate. I told you already that I cannot be certain the man is speaking the truth but dorsnt mean we have to disregard his post as nonsense right away. Truth is an unbalanced concept in Thailand, won't you agree?

Edited by maxme

@ my bad, i should have rephrased it bit most of your answers are absolute, no proof of the responses are even accurate. I told you already that I cannot be certain the man is speaking the truth but dorsnt mean we have to disregard his post as nonsense right away. Truth is an unbalanced concept in Thailand, won't you agree?

With the caveat if you make a claim it is incumbent on you to support that claim not me to disprove it.

Without proof it is not true.

With the caveat if you make a claim it is incumbent on you to support that claim not me to disprove it.

In some posts you have told the posters to google it and that their posts aren't true. Where is your proof of such a claim? I think we have spent enough posts on this particular topic, don't you? Edited by maxme

Prove hes lying.

This happens all the time, people get accosted he lives there whats he gonna do give himself problems by making a report ? don't be ridiculous.

Hes just had a bad experience and in the south its more than common..

Suthep has his thugs no less than TS had his.

Prove hes lying.

This happens all the time, people get accosted he lives there whats he gonna do give himself problems by making a report ? don't be ridiculous.

Hes just had a bad experience and in the south its more than common..

Suthep has his thugs no less than TS had his.

Like you have even a vague idea what you are talking about. If you make a claim back it up. If not don't make a claim. A guy in a pink shorts threw a hand grenade at me today. I caught a duck and tied the grenade to the ducks foot and he flew off into the distance. I think he exploded over China town. Do you believe me? Why not? Prove I'm lying. You make the claim you supply the confirmation.

Edited by thailiketoo