PM to chair first reform forum meeting

Lite Beer

Tongthong said that the forum would not start from zero as the proposals for reform have been made before by several stakeholders, including the People’s Democratic Reform Committee.

Lopsided and controlled by Thaksin and will be about as acceptable as the elections.

To even hint at the PDRC proposing anything that goes on inside that room is an absolute delirium.

Just another site for targeting by the student network if you ask me.

This government seem to be just going along completely devoid of all acknowledgement about what is happening on the streets.

In reality though, I will wager they are more nervous than they make out. Deep inside i bet they are feeling fears never before felt by a Thai government since Japan signed the declaration of surrender back in August 1945.

This is part of the 'unique Thainess' we hear about all the time. They prefer to ignore a problem in the hope it goes away instead of facing up to it and trying to fix it. It's one of the reasons so little ever gets done very slowly here.....

• Like 1

PT will listen to all opinions then ignore all opinions

Suthep and the Dems only listen to their own opinion (should better say "demands"), without caring about the majority.

So, a forum without them is certainly better.

Imagine the Dems and Suthep behaving in a reform forum the same way they behaved in Parliament ... It would not go anywhere :wacko:

Luckily, with Yingluck in charge we can see the things move in a positive direction :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

PT will listen to all opinions then ignore all opinions

Suthep and the Dems only listen to their own opinion (should better say "demands"), without caring about the majority.

So, a forum without them is certainly better.

Imagine the Dems and Suthep behaving in a reform forum the same way they behaved in Parliament ... It would not go anywhere wacko.png

Luckily, with Yingluck in charge we can see the things move in a positive direction rolleyes.gif

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Absolutely, she can make sure things move exactly in the direction her brother has told her too.

Everything else - window dressing. PTP - a majority of 1.

‘Yingluck’ chairs first formal reform forum

PNPOL570116001000201_16012014_125045.jpg

BANGKOK, 16 January 2014 (NNT) — Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is charing a political reform forum for the first time on January 16 at the Royal Thai Air Force Base.

Ms. Yingluck will this afternoon chair a reform forum in an attempt to help alleviate current rifts in the political arena and change the country for the benefit of the Thai people. The first meeting will be held at 1.30 pm on January 16, today, at the Royal Thai Air Force Headquarters.

The Office of the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) has helped select related agencies to take part in the political reform forum aimed at moving the nation forward.

Permanent Secretary of the Prime Minister's Office Thongthong Chandrangsu stated that he believes all who attend this forum will be able to clearly voice their view points to resolve the political impasse the country is now facing - adding that the government is open to opinions from all sides.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-16 footer_n.gif

Another sad attempt to pretend she's in control. Call it what you will but when you are one of the main protagonists yet you and your party sit at the top table like this, directing the agenda, no one is going to take you seriously. Meanwhile, outside the country is in the midst of revolution and you're acting out this silly charade.

Tongthong said that the forum would not start from zero as the proposals for reform have been made before by several stakeholders, including the People’s Democratic Reform Committee.

Lopsided and controlled by Thaksin and will be about as acceptable as the elections.

To even hint at the PDRC proposing anything that goes on inside that room is an absolute delirium.

Just another site for targeting by the student network if you ask me.

This government seem to be just going along completely devoid of all acknowledgement about what is happening on the streets.

In reality though, I will wager they are more nervous than they make out. Deep inside i bet they are feeling fears never before felt by a Thai government since Japan signed the declaration of surrender back in August 1945.

Not sure what to think.

She has not surrendered to the opposition but every time you turn around she is making a step towards it. The last time I heard any thing about a reform council for Thailand she was going to set it up after the election now it is before the election. I wonder if one of the seats at the table will be occupied by Skype?

One thing for sure with her chairing it. The dress code will be very nice.

• Like 1

The National Economic and Social Development Board has been assigned to host the forum and to select individuals and organizations to join the forum.

Hear we go they will 'select' again.

Just as they 'selected' the ones to attend the meeting on the EC proposals.

Just as they 'selected' those who should attend the flood protection meetings.

Just as Suthep wants to 'select' the 'peoples council'

"

‘Yingluck’ chairs first formal reform forum

PNPOL570116001000201_16012014_125045.jpg

BANGKOK, 16 January 2014 (NNT) — Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is charing a political reform forum for the first time on January 16 at the Royal Thai Air Force Base.

Ms. Yingluck will this afternoon chair a reform forum in an attempt to help alleviate current rifts in the political arena and change the country for the benefit of the Thai people. The first meeting will be held at 1.30 pm on January 16, today, at the Royal Thai Air Force Headquarters.

The Office of the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) has helped select related agencies to take part in the political reform forum aimed at moving the nation forward.

Permanent Secretary of the Prime Minister's Office Thongthong Chandrangsu stated that he believes all who attend this forum will be able to clearly voice their view points to resolve the political impasse the country is now facing - adding that the government is open to opinions from all sides.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2014-01-16 footer_n.gif

I think the PDRC made some suggestions and every one if them was rejected.

"adding that the government is open to opinions from all sides." as long as they agree with the ones that she has received from Dubai.

The worst scene as I see it would be to make no changes just go ahead with the election on Feb.2 The best results would be to do as the PDRC suggest. Then have an election. It would not help the people understand the issues Ity will be at the minimum one more generation before the education level in Thailand gets good enough to do that. but it would sure put a rein on the party that winds up in power. They will have to conform to the rule of law. If the Constitutional court rules they will have to obey it or be instantly disbanded. No matter who they are.

In my opinion building for a stronger Thailand is a good thing. Maintaining the current wide open to corruption system is just going to further hurt Thailand. Yes the voters would have to wait a little longer to cast their vote but they would be allowed to cast it. The Government that receives it will be bound to work for the good of Thailand as a whole.

Also the people should be allowed to vote for the person they feel will best fill their needs not just be a yes man for some one else.