Northern farmers to blockade Asian Highway

Lite Beer

Looks like the populist thing is not working out for Thaksin. Guess he is finding out that

handing out bundles of cash for moronic subsidies only works as long as the government

coffers are full. When the they run out, things go downhill fast. Now I think everyone can

understand the incredible rush job to pass the 2.2 trillion transportation bill, as that money

was needed to pay off the farmers, and keep Yingluck in power a bit longer to continue

the looting. But overall regarding the red buffaloes taking money for voting PTP, and now

going down in flames, I have to say som nam na.....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Far be it for me to fan the flames but someone should send a fleet of coaches up there and bring them all to government house to speak to the government directly. Let their voices be heard. And let the other protestors try to educate them when they are here. This could be a very beneficial opportunity to open a few eyes to the truth.

Looking at the location from where these "farmers" come from... It looks more like yellow protesters from the outskirts of Bangkok trying a new kind of propaganda rolleyes.gif

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Some people just refuse to accept the truth, you are redder than a fireman's helmet !!! Hell, you are redder than most Thai red shirts ! There is just no helping some people....

• Like 2

Typical of the people that vote for Taksin and family. Only do something when they want money for nothing.

Money for nothing, these people are looking for money for the rice they farmed and then sold to the Government as part of the Rice scheme. Now the government have left thousands of not so well off farmers with no payment hardly what I would call money for nothing, growing rice take a large investment so these guys are all out of pocket.

Maybe yes maybe no.

Just because the farmers are protesting dosnt mean they wont vote for PTP ...... after all who else are they going to vote for the dems who have no interest in bettering their lot ? I don't think so.

Its a real shame these people have been rolled over forever and they arnt going to get what they need from PTP just a bad deal and they wont even get that with the dems.

When a party shows up in the north with some real interest in helping the rural poor then they will have a real chance, until then they will be as they have always been a serf class sad.png

As we all know, the can't vote for the dems.

Wish the RS would start their own party.

Yep there needs to be someone who will support the farmers.

Like the Dems did when they were in power when they paid the farmers a direct subsidy.

But that is all forgotten now that the great lie that Abhisit and Suthep murdered the rioters in 2010 has created so much hate.

Dude they DID murder the people in 2010 by allowing live fire in such an area with so many innocents killed it cannot be refuted they allowed thais to be shot and killed by sanctioning the army to open fire, i lived through it same as many of us please take off your sunglasses.

The Dems are NOT an option for the farmers everyone knows it, regardless of anything else the Dems dont give two hoots for the poor farmer, that is why they will continue to vote PTP probably regardless of their anger. They need one from their own, not a shin not another elite but a grass root farmer or rural born and bred visionary.

xofftopic.gif.pagespeed.ic.ifZtFTWxj3.pn

A poor try at diverting from the topic at hand.

Looking at the location from where these "farmers" come from... It looks more like yellow protesters from the outskirts of Bangkok trying a new kind of propaganda rolleyes.gif

Absolutely.

So Nakhon Sawan at 250 km, Pichit at more than 300km, Khampaeng Phet at 400 km and Phitsanulok are on the outskirts of Bangkok are they? Even Ayutthaya is 90 km away.

Strangely enough ALL of them are north of Bangkok and ALL of them have PTP MPs.

I am soooo glad that you are not navigating for me.

• Like 2

Well, there can be absolutely no doubt now that the CT Government of Yingluck is in Dire Straits.guitar.gif.pagespeed.ce.Rjd-vqhNlw.gif

She is a Local Hero in some parts of Thailand!

The only reason people will still pick her, is they do not want to loose face for believing in her. And no, it's not a Thai thing. A lot of TV poster are the same. Trying to defend this sorry of an excuse administration.

its not like there is much choice now is there ? its not like there are many alternatives ... i havnt heard one manifesto from any party ever come to think of it... how the hell can people know what a party actually stands for without one ?

I definitely share your save view on this. But I wonder if they will even pay attention to the manifesto. Or continue to listen to propaganda. That is the problem sometime with trying to stand up for injustice only to be criticized by the propaganda machine.

Typical of the people that vote for Taksin and family. Only do something when they want money for nothing.

Rice planting is nothing for you? You think the farmers should work for free?

Something which may involve a lot of work, but which doesn't give an economic return, is called a hobby by the Australian Tax Office. If rice farmers can't make a decent living growing rice, they should find other employment which will, instead of selling their votes to criminals purporting (though not actually doing it) to subsidise their lifestyle from government coffers.

I wonder if the red/Shinawatra apologists are going to come here and say these rice farmers were paid to protest. xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609 width=19 height=18>

Yes, I wonder where they all are. I guess they are commenting on other stories calling the anti-government protesters "fascists", waffling on about how all the protesters are "elites" and repeating the well-worn and fully discredited BS about how the PTP and Thaksin are champions of the poor.

PTP played a very Mao-style game in their build-up, which I commented on at the time. Red colours, demagogue leader head-pictures on placards, 'death to the elites', 'power to the agrarian worker' etc.etc. I briefly mentioned that Shinawatra were of Chinese origin, and while I personally have great love for the people of China, on a subconscious level the Shinawatras knew that this system of harnessing the agrarian base has proven successful in Thailand's largest neighbour. 'Successful' in the intended sense, by both Mao and Thaksin ; of using the agrarian base as a ticket to power, and simultaneously installing a dictatorship - for the simple reason that communism and also the hybrid 'back-door' versions of it (such as PTP) will inevitably lead to the poor staying poor (but more evenly so!) and the leaders becoming gods - it is inevitably bound within the systemic build. Mao's red agrarian revolution led to the great famine, which was a central part of the 45 million deaths attributed to Mao's system. Part of the eventual post-Mao cure for this problem was the return of private ownership and self-control of farms. I see a parallel to the rice-pledging although on a microscopic level. In both cases the leaders promised agrarian empowerment, and in both cases the poor farmers were left in the dirt, with no way out, as we saw in the tragic case of the gentleman who had to borrow from a loan shark because of the PTP rice scam, and he tragically ended his own life. It is very sad, all of it, and as other wiser posters than I have pointed out, Thai farmers need to start a political party, for factory workers, farmers and other lower-workingclass tier people. And to have the party leadership comprised of older people who worked the fields and factories for decades, as opposed to being groomed for political life in some institute somewhere.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla

Maybe yes maybe no.

Just because the farmers are protesting dosnt mean they wont vote for PTP ...... after all who else are they going to vote for the dems who have no interest in bettering their lot ? I don't think so.

Its a real shame these people have been rolled over forever and they arnt going to get what they need from PTP just a bad deal and they wont even get that with the dems.

When a party shows up in the north with some real interest in helping the rural poor then they will have a real chance, until then they will be as they have always been a serf class sad.png

Like the Dems did when they were in power when they paid the farmers a direct subsidy.

But that is all forgotten now that the great lie that Abhisit and Suthep murdered the rioters in 2010 has created so much hate.

Dude they DID murder the people in 2010 by allowing live fire in such an area with so many innocents killed it cannot be refuted they allowed thais to be shot and killed by sanctioning the army to open fire, i lived through it same as many of us please take off your sunglasses.

The Dems are NOT an option for the farmers everyone knows it, regardless of anything else the Dems dont give two hoots for the poor farmer, that is why they will continue to vote PTP probably regardless of their anger. They need one from their own, not a shin not another elite but a grass root farmer or rural born and bred visionary.

The Thai police are armed and permitted to fire.

Does that make any government in power murderers when they shoot?

I think not

Thaksin would agree I'm sure

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Something which may involve a lot of work, but which doesn't give an economic return, is called a hobby by the Australian Tax Office. If rice farmers can't make a decent living growing rice, they should find other employment which will, instead of selling their votes to criminals purporting (though not actually doing it) to subsidise their lifestyle from government coffers.

Presumably, under you logic anyway, the Australian government regards car production as a hobby as they subsidise it?

Perhaps the rice farmers should all move to Palm Oil when the new criminal takes charge and that becomes the vote buying crop of choice.

englishoak, on 16 Jan 2014 - 07:08, said:snapback.png

Robby nz, on 16 Jan 2014 - 06:32, said:snapback.png

Maybe yes maybe no.

When a party shows up in the north with some real interest in helping the rural poor then they will have a real chance, until then they will be as they have always been a serf class sad.png.pagespeed.ce.cyRRGRfa7C.png

The only murder that was committed during the riots in 2010 was by those who chose to fire grenades and rifles at their fellow citizens with no consideration as to who they hit, killed or injured. The armed faction of the rioters.

If you want to talk about innocents who were killed or injured start with the lady who was killed by the grenade attack on the sky train station. Someone who had no connection with the Govt or the riots and was going about her lawful business.

The army was attacked with weapons of war and was unfortunately forced to retaliate in kind, any subsequent deaths were entirely the fault of those who attacked the army.

That the Govt was forced to disperse the rioters after they had refused to leave, even after they had been offered the early elections they had been demanding, is entirely the fault of those who made that refusal after first agreeing to leave peacefully.

I was in BKK at the time and although not silly enough to get involved know very well what happened.

As stated the Dems did things for the poor farmers by giving them a subsidy on their product, they also increased the age of free education.

Also in their term of office they managed to decrease the level of corruption in spite of having the parasite parties to placate.

Personally I'd view a poor Thai rice farmer with debts due to being stiffed for the rice he'd delivered months earlier, as still being a poor Thai rice farmer & thus someone who was supposed to be helped/paid by this scheme, regardless of where they happened to live, or who they vote for.

But perhaps some poor rice farmers are more equal than others, shades of Orwell's 'Animal Farm', certainly I will not forget Thaksin's threat that his government would not help people in provinces which failed to vote the correct way (ie for him !), back in the days of "Democracy is not our Aim", before he converted to 'true democracy' after being kicked out of power ? wink.png

Meanwhile, good for these particular farmers, wherever they are & whoever they voted for last time, for having the courage to protest against being cheated through delayed-payment for the rice they produce !

Edited by Ricardo

Rice planting is nothing for you? You think the farmers should work for free?

Obviously you are a person of great intellect and education living in rural Thailand where the farmers live.

So what is YOUR brilliant plan to rehabilitate the rice farmers? What should they grow or work at to replace the rice farm, and incidentally where will the money come from that they can live on in the meantine?