Walking through Rachaprasong

DogNo1

I am scheduled to arrive in Bangkok on Monday, January 20th. I am staying at a hotel near the Rachaprasong Intersection and wonder if any TVers know whether it is possible at all to walk through the intersection. I've heard that it's jammed but I usually do my shopping for food at Central Chidlom. The hotel has told me that one way to get to Chidlom is by taking the BTS from Rachadamri to Siam and from there to Chidlom. I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has navigated through that intersection recently since taking the BTS route would be a pain. Thanks.

Walk up rachaprasong to the Hyatt hotel turn into the hotel lower ground, head left and into the shopping centre next door. Once in the shopping centre take the escalator up a couple of floors and connect to the skywalk which will take you to chidlom station.

Thanks for the informative Bangkok Post article. wordchild: Thanks for the advice. That's the way I've always taken to get to the skywalk and Central. It's good to know that it is still passable. I was worried that the demonstrators might fill the area encompassing the entrance to the Hyatt-Erawan.

Thanks for the informative Bangkok Post article. wordchild: Thanks for the advice. That's the way I've always taken to get to the skywalk and Central. It's good to know that it is still passable. I was worried that the demonstrators might fill the area encompassing the entrance to the Hyatt-Erawan.

sorry double post

Edited by wordchild

at the moment the link from the hyatt to the skywalk seems to be closed before 10am and there is more security around the hotel but you can still get in (I was there yesterday) . but in any event the area is not that busy during the day and walking on the street level is not an issue.