What goods/products sold in bangkok are better than your home country?

ultimate weapon

Rice cooker, the Germans have not quite mastered them yet Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

the Germans don't produce rice cookers. they import them.

Really? I'm shocked

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I don't think anything is better, but buying food here is much cheaper. Fruit and vegetables are very cheap and the choice is very wide.

I think some things are much worse here such as beef, I am not even sure the meat here comes from a cow. You can buy Australian beef but at absolutely crazy prices. Also cakes here may look pretty but mostly taste rubbish.

To be honest i think the West is better for shopping overall. It's just some things here may be a bit cheaper but not much.

Leather goods in second hand stores. You can get originals of the best quality for 400 baht.

I do not tell many people where I got my size 13 Italien boots with the smoothest leather you ever have seen. Hard to find for less than 200 usd in the states.

Gucci bag for my gal is next. Just replace all the brass and use some leather soap on it. She really doesn't mind that it is second hand.

Leather flight jackets in udon...buy about 10 and sell them in the states on ebay...free airplane ticket.

• Like 1

Leather goods in second hand stores. You can get originals of the best quality for 400 baht.

I do not tell many people where I got my size 13 Italien boots with the smoothest leather you ever have seen. Hard to find for less than 200 usd in the states.

Gucci bag for my gal is next. Just replace all the brass and use some leather soap on it. She really doesn't mind that it is second hand.

Leather flight jackets in udon...buy about 10 and sell them in the states on ebay...free airplane ticket.

Are there second hand stores here? I have only seen one second hand shoe store.

What i have in mind bringing home from our trip to Samui/Bangkok.

Panko bread crumbs,

Tempura flour,

Various seasonings for thaifood.

Palm sugar.

All 4 things a lot cheaper in Thailand than here in Denmark.

Maybe not the normal things to bring home, but most likely also end up buying some of the usual tourist T-shirts with imprints from Samui and Bangkok.

Last year bought some cool beads in China town, for making plaice fishing lures and in

MBK we bought a couple of very cool and very large seashell mobiles.

1 of them is more than 1 meter tall and weighs 4 Kg, and i can't imagine what it would cost here in DK compared to BK.

Add chilli, kaffir lime leaves and galanga to your foodstuffs list and that pretty much covers what I am allowed to pack in my bags when we come home

Chothing is definitely cheaper, but it's hit or miss on the quality.

And even though it's not goods per se, the reason it's cheap to live in Thailand -- labor. Along those lines, computer repair is dirt cheap compared to my country and the technicians where I go aren't bad at all at their job. Quick, simple Thai dishes are cheap.

Building a house and all that entails, though you need to stay on top of things for falang quality, but still much cheaper than my country.

You'd probably get a lot more replies on what is ridiculously priced in this country such as bed linen, good quality towels, etc.

Increasingly, retail prices in Thailand are as expensive as the UK and often even higher. Prices on many consumer durables are controlled by cartels, and price fixing is rife.

Agreed that vehicle maintenance costs are very reasonable, but you do need to be careful that replacement parts are genuine and that tyres are rubber, not plastic compound.

The best deals are at the markets for local produce.

Did anyone mention "bum guns"... They don't even sell them in my home country, you have to buy a complete bidet! Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thought about buying one of those things, but i don't think it's the same feeling when using them in a cold climate country hooked up to the cold water :)

But i must admit, in Thailand when i got the "Hurry hurry, my stomach makes Thai curry" then a bum gun is actually pretty neat.

Always have some sort of problems with my stomach when in Thailand, but i blaim it on all the cold beers ;)

from the uk...

cameras and computers much cheaper in the uk

i bought my basic nokia here for 1000 baht, it would have been 2000 baht in the uk and it would probably be locked to a network so i would have to pay to unlock it

that's all i can think of

Well, the trannies are definitely much easier on the eye here than in the UK. Their services probably cost a lot less too, though I haven't asked.

Well you should...you know you want to and I highly recommend them.

Ugh, no... You couldn't pay me enough money to go with one of them. You see, I'm heterosexual. Of course, what I hear all the time from the ladyboy fanciers is "I like ladyboys, but I'm not gay..." Talk about denial!