Bar work

Kangawallafox

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supply & demand:

If all bar girls went to work in factories then they'd be guys waving silly money in their faces.

I have no problem with it, personal choice.

I just don't feel they have to do it like some people think, they choose to despite having other options, they have that right but it's a choice.

It's not about right or wrong this thread, it's about choice, I don't believe they have no choice and have to do it, they do it because they want to.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

So swap : hanging out with your mates, getting drunk, staying up all night, flashing lights, money, main goal is to get pulled, listening to pop music,
For clocking-in, officious man telling you to make more radios or whatever, up early, no or little holidays..

I think they all have a choice, and its not a difficult one..
I think once they get accustomed to bar-life they rather enjoy it, and who can blame them?

• Like 1

So swap : hanging out with your mates, getting drunk, staying up all night, flashing lights, money, main goal is to get pulled, listening to pop music,

For clocking-in, officious man telling you to make more radios or whatever, up early, no or little holidays..

I think they all have a choice, and its not a difficult one..

I think once they get accustomed to bar-life they rather enjoy it, and who can blame them?

Each to his own, if I was a woman I would work seven days a week sixteen hours a day before I even contemplated the bar work.

Self respect is important.

I could never sleep with a bar girl knowing she is watching the clock, knowing I'm just a dollar sign, just a customer.

I could never date a girl who sold out to that point for money, knowing she had thousands of men, trust would be difficult to as hustling becomes ingrained in them after a while.

If a man can take it fine, not for me I would rather go without then get involved with one.

• Like 1

Well, I'm not an expert on it at all, but I imagine that a lot of them are working partially to support family back home. And I think when you talk about choice you're looking at it from a western perspective, rather than a Thai cultural one, where I think the sense of duty and pressure of being a good child to your family and support them can be a lot of stronger.

Like I say, I'm not an expert and might well be wrong but I don't think viewing from a western perspective is going to be that illuminating.

edited for spelling

Many of my thai friends got me thinking about this also in the past.

I used to say bar girls don't have a choice, they would say bs, they choose it, plenty of work around.

I don't think my friends and wife have a western perspective, they are thai, ask some thai people tomorrow and I think you well get the same answer.

No mother with any morals would want their daughter to do this, sure they would sooner see them paid less in a legal and legit job.

Edited by Kangawallafox
  • Like 2

I'm sure there are many reasons why girls and guys work in bars. I think the majority enjoy it and wouldn't want a 9-5 job if you offered it on a plate.

I work on very large motor yachts. Either owned or chartered by some of the wealthiest people out there.

These yachts are not environmentally friendly, waste massive amounts of resources, plus in lots of cases are sexually and racially discriminate.

Like a lot of people who work on these boats, I always say just a couple more years and I'll be done, as I don't agree with lots of aspects within the industry. The truth is, I'm a prostitute (albeit an engineering one) to the wealthy. I could do lots of other jobs but the money and lifestyle just keep pulling me back.

I think we are all slaves to our greed in one way or another...

So deluded . not even in the same area let alone about bar girls. Did you get abused by your family or your Husband beat you, gamble or just pimp you out for money. Did your brother do the same, or did your parents sell , give you away.did some foreigner promise you the world and blatantly lie to you, we a lot of these girls have been there, so like i say not in the same area., you have free will a lot of these girls never had.

• Like 1

I'm sure there are many reasons why girls and guys work in bars. I think the majority enjoy it and wouldn't want a 9-5 job if you offered it on a plate.

I work on very large motor yachts. Either owned or chartered by some of the wealthiest people out there.

These yachts are not environmentally friendly, waste massive amounts of resources, plus in lots of cases are sexually and racially discriminate.

Like a lot of people who work on these boats, I always say just a couple more years and I'll be done, as I don't agree with lots of aspects within the industry. The truth is, I'm a prostitute (albeit an engineering one) to the wealthy. I could do lots of other jobs but the money and lifestyle just keep pulling me back.

So deluded . not even in the same area let alone about bar girls. Did you get abused by your family or your Husband beat you, gamble or just pimp you out for money. Did your brother do the same, or did your parents sell , give you away.did some foreigner promise you the world and blatantly lie to you, we a lot of these girls have been there, so like i say not in the same area., you have free will a lot of these girls never had.

So much bitterness,Did you see all you describe? (we!) or are you just grouping them all together? to make your point? look in any shopping mall and see the ones who prefer an honest toil, life style.who know they will have little chance of being rich,(isn't that the same the world over)? but still do menial work,and i'm sure would be capable of much better.Some go for easy money and some don't,simple as that.That's not to say there are no exceptions!

Whether one works as a bargirl or, mainly in a touristlocation, in a reasonably lowpaid job. Restaurant, shop, hotel, caddy etc...it really does not matter. For many it is all the same. When a girl works in a bar one is more warned for the scamming practices. Its mainly a mentality question. Many girls are just not fit for the life as a prostitute. Their dream is quickly gone after a while and thus return home. For the homefront, many know what their daughter is up to but its not being talked about. It does not exist therefore...especially if enough cash is brought home. Money matters only in those families ...whether out of neccesaty or as an extra.

If you read my post properly, you will see that I said the majority of bar workers.

Of course they are lots of cases of abuse but there are also lots of alternative employment opportunities for the 'majority' if they choose.

As for not being in the same area !! The OP is about choices in life, not the profession of prostitution. It is about the need for money outweighing the need for self respect.

I think you would be deluded to think that all bar workers are forced into the industry. Whilst many are, lots of them (as another poster has mentioned) enjoy the lifestyle and money. Just as I do with my job...

• Like 1

When it comes to money, for people that are fixated on getting more, there is never enough.

IMO most BGs are much more empowered and have a lot more dignity and control over their life than if they pursued most of the other options open to them given their background.

And it's not just a few that hit the jackpot and end up happily married overseas.

How much dignity and respect does one have in being a slave to the almighty dollar.

How much empowerment and control comes with being a slave to money.

A lot more than one does if one doesn't have any.

It's kind of sad really because I would love to marry and take one if those girls out of the bar. However, once they start treating men as customers it's a lost cause. It's like the entire concept of love is tossed out the window and every relationship with a man becomes a business transaction. If your a farang it's ten times worst because they are taught to pray on you as a customer. I had one girl who was sleeping with me for free on a regular basis and I wanted to marry her and take her home. The problem is she expects a monthly salary to leave the bar. Why would I send money to Thialand when there is no guarantee she will ever leave the bar? How many others are sending her money? Will I ever be treated as a human being and not a customer? It's just one big heart breaking waste of time! I find it much easier and cheaper to pay the 2000-3000 Bhat and be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1