Pay-as-you-go gym with 30kg+ freeweights?

Monokuro

As other posters have said, you usually can pay per time at most gyms, it is just that it is often relatively expensive, ranging from 150 baht to 500 baht per time.

You could always consider pretending to join and get a promotion for first month, pay 1500 baht: for 6 sessions that would work out to 250 baht per session.

I know there is a gym right next to Payathai BTS station, forgot the name. It's on the same side as the Airport Link station that connects to this BTS station.

So for you it would be close to Victory Monument area.

I joined there and paid 1500 baht for first month as promotion.

Completed the first month and then did not go back as it was too crowded for me. But I went in the evenings.

• Like 1

Thanks @arminbkk - I went along there today, they told me they could do a special price of 2000, but I said a friend only paid 1500, so they dropped it to that :)

I got there about 5:10 and it wasn't too busy - however, they said around 2/3 there's hardly anyone there - so that's perfect.

For reference, they had dumbbells going up to (from what I could see) 55kg - a flat bench press, incline bench press and a load of fixed sitting up ones. I didn't look around the rest of the equipment in detail, but it seemed to have most things covered.

Only real thing missing (or at least, I couldn't see it) was the squat rack or a smith machine.

Doh, a schoolboy error, never trust a salesman.

Got there today, and the dumbbell weights are in pounds not kg.

I did ask about this, and he told me kg. Guess I should have tried picking them up first.

So, they go up to 60lbs, which is like 27.2kg, then they have a single set of 37.5kg and another of 42.5kg.

There is a Smith machine, and a good selection of benches with the built in barbell (flat, incline and decline)

Saturday at 1p.m. was quiet, but that could be because the protests were outside!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk