No resolution reached in national reform forum: Thailand

webfact

This is a broad based cross section whose deliberations are public and open. The vast majority support elections and a democratic process, to include a public referendum on specific reform proposals developed in an open forum led by and including elected officials. Under discussion is devolution to the provinces and regions of Thailand in order to broaden the range of the open discussion and the ultimate specific reform proposals to be presented at referendum.

Suthep can go home now.

It's over for him.

The country has begun to move on positively, openly, democratically, substantially, significantly.

The country has begun to move on positively, openly, democratically, substantially, significantly.

Nothing like burying you're head in the sand! There is only one reason this forum was organised, and it wasn't about constitutional change, it is about a government desperately trying to hang on at all costs to the nation's detriment. Even the rice farmers have had enough!

The vast majority of the Thais, to include all socioeconomic and political and cultural classes do not want to see the country in the hands of a fascist feudal council that is the concoction of the boiling mind of the Mussolini figure Suthep, and which remains anonymous, whose agenda remains secret, that is unaccountable and whose tenure is vaguely outlined into some remote future time.

Suthep and his people are extremists who are not of a fit temperament or a stable mind to rule over the country. The evidence is overwhelming - a failed insurrection, seeking arbitrarily to cancel a legitimate democratic election, wanting to summarily nullify the extant constitution, trying to cause and provoke a military coup d'état, all in the process of pursuing a family blood feud Shakespeare could not have conceived of in the farthest reaches of his fertile imagination.

The Democrat party has lost any modicum of confidence anyone may once have had in it and has ceased to be a politically viable entity. Abhisit has no party to lead. Perhaps Abhisit could organize a new party but I doubt many would follow and I really doubt he has the personal intellectual or cultural resources to devise new concepts of political economy and new paradigms of sociocultural revitalization. I personally have lost all respect of Abhisit for not directly challenging the madman Suthep.

Suthep and Abhisit have damaged the nation because they have destroyed the Democrat party as an official opposition, thereby removing it as a check and balance that might keep honest a vigorous PTP governing majority that shows no signs of abating. The miserable and catastrophic failings of the Democrat party the past few months to both itself and to the country now require a new political party to organize that can and does step up to the needs and demands of a modern and developing, progressive Thailand.

if only you can digest how absolutely far from the truth you are!! tsk! tsk! tsk!

Obviously you and I have fundamental disagreements and there's nothing wrong with that per se.

I must say your tsk tsk reply tsk rebuttal was tsk tsk rather weak

I would be worried if there were resolutions after one day.

Agreed but it still seems some want Rome built in a day here ;)

This forum is more balanced than some people here are giving credit for, its unfortunate that some cant be bothered to check who is on it rather than just making childish quips . Suthep is a total idiot for not being here as is the Dems. They could be helping and having an input thus proving they care about change but instead they are still stamping their feet about what they want on their terms alone..

This is a broad based cross section whose deliberations are public and open. The vast majority support elections and a democratic process, to include a public referendum on specific reform proposals developed in an open forum led by and including elected officials. Under discussion is devolution to the provinces and regions of Thailand in order to broaden the range of the open discussion and the ultimate specific reform proposals to be presented at referendum.

Suthep can go home now.

It's over for him.

Nothing like burying you're head in the sand! There is only one reason this forum was organised, and it wasn't about constitutional change, it is about a government desperately trying to hang on at all costs to the nation's detriment. Even the rice farmers have had enough!

The vast majority of the Thais, to include all socioeconomic and political and cultural classes do not want to see the country in the hands of a fascist feudal council that is the concoction of the boiling mind of the Mussolini figure Suthep, and which remains anonymous, whose agenda remains secret, that is unaccountable and whose tenure is vaguely outlined into some remote future time.

Suthep and his people are extremists who are not of a fit temperament or a stable mind to rule over the country. The evidence is overwhelming - a failed insurrection, seeking arbitrarily to cancel a legitimate democratic election, wanting to summarily nullify the extant constitution, trying to cause and provoke a military coup d'état, all in the process of pursuing a family blood feud Shakespeare could not have conceived of in the farthest reaches of his fertile imagination.

The Democrat party has lost any modicum of confidence anyone may once have had in it and has ceased to be a politically viable entity. Abhisit has no party to lead. Perhaps Abhisit could organize a new party but I doubt many would follow and I really doubt he has the personal intellectual or cultural resources to devise new concepts of political economy and new paradigms of sociocultural revitalization. I personally have lost all respect of Abhisit for not directly challenging the madman Suthep.

Suthep and Abhisit have damaged the nation because they have destroyed the Democrat party as an official opposition, thereby removing it as a check and balance that might keep honest a vigorous PTP governing majority that shows no signs of abating. The miserable and catastrophic failings of the Democrat party the past few months to both itself and to the country now require a new political party to organize that can and does step up to the needs and demands of a modern and developing, progressive Thailand.

if only you can digest how absolutely far from the truth you are!! tsk! tsk! tsk!

Obviously you and I have fundamental disagreements and there's nothing wrong with that per se.

I must say your tsk tsk reply tsk rebuttal was tsk tsk rather weak

sore loser! all wind!

I would be worried if there were resolutions after one day.

Agreed but it still seems some want Rome built in a day here wink.png

This forum is more balanced than some people here are giving credit for, its unfortunate that some cant be bothered to check who is on it rather than just making childish quips . Suthep is a total idiot for not being here as is the Dems. They could be helping and having an input thus proving they care about change but instead they are still stamping their feet about what they want on their terms alone..

So who is on this reform council? You seem to know...

Eliminate the inactive post, immunity, use of taxpayer paid legal representation by office holders, add mandentory siezure of assits, life time ban from politics or involvement, prison terms without chance of parole, etc

Start the 'reform' program with this Ms Chairperson and also make it retroactive with no statue of limitations and we might consider you up for the task.

• Like 1

Yet more hot air from all sides. As with the laws here there are plenty of checks and balances already in place and as with the 'law' here, none of them are enforced, abided by at whim. The ONLY 'reform' needs implementing is JAIL TIME. Serious JAIL TIME. Everything else is pissing in the wind.