US killer executed with new lethal drug combination

webfact

We stoop to their level because they don't seem to be able to rise to ours.

ahhhh, catering to the lowest common denominator, that has always being a successful social strategy.

What about the firing squad issue, are you conceding that one?

Edited by sirineou

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I concede nothing. The process of killing someone isn't quite as simple as it seems and a review of failed suicide attempts shows.

I am not a proponent of the death penalty, but I can't really muster much energy to argue with it. If there was a vote to abolish it, I'd vote to abolish, but when these things come up for a vote, they don't succeed. People are for the death penalty and generally when it has been abolished, it's been done so by a political or administrative body.

All kinds of uncomfortable things happen when people die. If you've ever seen someone overdose and convulse, it's not a pretty sight.

I concede nothing. The process of killing someone isn't quite as simple as it seems and a review of failed suicide attempts shows.

I am not a proponent of the death penalty, but I can't really muster much energy to argue with it. If there was a vote to abolish it, I'd vote to abolish, but when these things come up for a vote, they don't succeed. People are for the death penalty and generally when it has been abolished, it's been done so by a political or administrative body.

All kinds of uncomfortable things happen when people die. If you've ever seen someone overdose and convulse, it's not a pretty sight.

Haaaaa55555

I got a great laugh after your resounding "I Concede Nothing" laugh.png

Sorry Credo, I am a bit of a stinker, Love getting your goatsmile.png

I am sure you are a great guy, just entertaining my self at your expence

Haaaaa55555

I got a great laugh after your resounding "I Concede Nothing" laugh.png

Sorry Credo, I am a bit of a stinker, Love getting your goatsmile.png

I am sure you are a great guy, just entertaining my self at your expence

• Like 1

Barbaric.

As is rape and murder.

That's why rapists and murderers go to jail. I guess you are suggesting that we stoop down to their level

Yep, as it relates to capital punishment as prescribed by a trial, conviction and 15 years worth of appeals..

• Like 1

Barbaric.

As is rape and murder.

That's why rapists and murderers go to jail. I guess you are suggesting that we stoop down to their level

Yep, as it relates to capital punishment as prescribed by a trial, conviction and 15 years worth of appeals..

So you are saying that under specific instances we should sink to the level of rapists and murderers ?whistling.gif

As is rape and murder.

So you are saying that under specific instances we should sink to the level of rapists and murderers ?whistling.gif

Please read my previous post and make every effort to comprehend it. Your question is redundant.

Oh diddums...a little bit of pain for a rapist and murderer.....I'm sure the families of the victims and most of society are not to concerned.

Call me old fashioned but a convicted murderer and rapist piece of sh*te deserves a slow painful desk. <deleted> Human Rights - what human rights did his victim(s) have?

Thats the unfortunate thing about human rights - that word 'human'. It means the rights extend to all humans regardless. If his victim deserved them so does a scumbag rapist piece of white trash rubbish.

Dont get me wrong, I dont feel sorry for him. But once human rights can be given or taken away they lose their power. Either everyone gets them or we could all lose them.

Its why most countries with advanced legal systems have abandoned capital punishment (sorry Ohio but this puts you in not-advanced category). That and the fact that death is so far irreversible (except in at least one celebrated case), while no legal system is infallible.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How did we do that? Read the OP article. The perp was convicted in 1989 - 25 years ago. Since then it's all been appeals.

Did the killer give the woman and her unborn child a chance for an appeal? Did she get state provided lawyers and judges to decide her fate? Did society have 25 years to decide if the woman should die?

No, this was a cold blooded rapist and killer and we will never be at his level. All we are left to do is to rid society of him to assure he never does it again. Parole boards can be outrageous, you know.

Someone said that the death penalty isn't a deterrent. Then I want to know why these convicts fight it so hard, in this case for 25 years, trying to get his sentence changed to life in prison.

He got exactly what he deserved and so will the next one.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 2

Someone said that the death penalty isn't a deterrent. Then I want to know why these convicts fight it so hard, in this case for 25 years, trying to get his sentence changed to life in prison.

um, i think you skipped a step. If it was such a deterrent they woundn't have done the crime.

Using your logic, we might as well abolish jail. If he got 25 years, he'd want it downgraded to 15. Might as well abolish confinement all together.

As I said before, life without parole serves the same purpose. Lock them up, throw away the key. Death is too easy for these people.

um, i think you skipped a step. If it was such a deterrent they woundn't have done the crime.

Using your logic, we might as well abolish jail. If he got 25 years, he'd want it downgraded to 15. Might as well abolish confinement all together.

As I said before, life without parole serves the same purpose. Lock them up, throw away the key. Death is too easy for these people.

"um, i think you skipped a step. If it was such a deterrent they woundn't have done the crime."

No, they don't believe they'll get the death penalty because it is used in a very minority of cases. Once they realize they got it, they fight like hell for a commutation to life in prison. This guy fought for 25 years.

If they knew that everyone who does such a deed gets the death penalty, then we'd see if it's a deterrent.

"um, i think you skipped a step. If it was such a deterrent they woundn't have done the crime."

No, they don't believe they'll get the death penalty because it is used in a very minority of cases. Once they realize they got it, they fight like hell for a commutation to life in prison. This guy fought for 25 years.

If they knew that everyone who does such a deed gets the death penalty, then we'd see if it's a deterrent.

So you are are arguing that people aren't scared of jail. So we might as well as abolish them if they don't work.

Glad that life holds no shades of grey for you. No penalty, however severe is going to stop a Ted Bundy or a Charlie Manson. Both have been put out of harms way.

So you are are arguing that people aren't scared of jail. So we might as well as abolish them if they don't work.

Glad that life holds no shades of grey for you. No penalty, however severe is going to stop a Ted Bundy or a Charlie Manson. Both have been put out of harms way.

There are some things in life where shades of gray aren't appropriate. Raping and killing a woman and her unborn child is one of them. What Ted Bundy and Charlie Manson did are more of them. Society needs to rid itself of them.

Afraid of jail? There are losers who are so far down that they deliberately commit crimes just so they can go back to jail where they will be fed and housed and given the best of medical treatment. They have no more worries about supporting themselves. Let the taxpayer do it. These are real losers.

If the crime wasn't violent, they will be put in a low security, easy life facility, serve their time, and then do it over again.