Egg crate or foam rubber padding for mattress

watgate

Okay all you back ache sufferers, Does anyone know where you can possibly buy an inexpensive eggcrate or foam rubber padding for my bed. I am having some lower back problems and the mattress I am sleeping on is very hard. Back in the U.S I have an inexpensive eggcrate foam rubber padding that I put on top of my mattress and I am looking for something similar in Chiang Mai. I went to Kad San Kauew Mall and Robinsons Dept Store had a memory foam mattress but I don't want to spend 7000 baht. In the U.S eggcrate or cheap foam rubber 1 inch or so padding can be obtained very inexpensively and if anyone knows who might carry them my back and me would be most appreciated.

You seemed to have turned a common cause for backache on its head.

It was my understanding for all my life that soft beds cause or aggravate backache because they don't give support.

I remember my father putting a sheet of ply under the mattress, and I spent many a night sleeping on the floor when I suffered.

The idea is to keep the spine straight isn't it?

Maybe your bed is actually ok and you get backache slouching over riding a motorbike....I do.

• Like 1

I too was told that when you buy a mattress, always go for the best you can afford. In relation to a topper pad, there are many shops but the place Ive gone to is on Chang Moi Rd (1 way street). From the moat it is about 200 metres on the right. Its on a corner.

Good luck

So does Latex Innovations.....smile.png

www.latexinnovations.com

Yes, the OP doesn't want to spend 7,000 baht so 6,899 would probably be just fine. smile.png

But that does not include shipping yet, so....blink.png

Just thought I would let the OP know about Latex Innovations, as many of their products have helped people with poor mattresses and back aches.

I for one do not count pennies when it comes to my health.

But then also, you ARE latex inovations .

Posted 2013-11-23 09:16:45

Hello,

My wife owns and runs www.latexinnovations.com.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/683658-wifes-website-not-loading-in-thailand/

So does Latex Innovations.....smile.png

www.latexinnovations.com

Yes, the OP doesn't want to spend 7,000 baht so 6,899 would probably be just fine. smile.png

But that does not include shipping yet, so....blink.png

Just thought I would let the OP know about Latex Innovations, as many of their products have helped people with poor mattresses and back aches.

I for one do not count pennies when it comes to my health.

But then also, you ARE latex inovations .

Posted 2013-11-23 09:16:45

Hello,

My wife owns and runs www.latexinnovations.com.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/683658-wifes-website-not-loading-in-thailand/

Well spotted! Free advertising huh coffee1.gif

I too was told that when you buy a mattress, always go for the best you can afford. In relation to a topper pad, there are many shops but the place Ive gone to is on Chang Moi Rd (1 way street). From the moat it is about 200 metres on the right. Its on a corner.

Good luck

Good shout Kiwi-I think the place you refer to is a big corner shop called Peenang. Good choice of toppers and mattresses. I paid about 2500 for a 5' I think and they delivered free same day to Mae Jo, along with some pillows and sheets. That price was a firm but not hard topper which suits me perfectly, and I thought, better for the back than a softer topper. But if you get served there by 'I hate my job' just go talk to someone else! One of the owners is usually around and very helpful.

• Like 1

Good luck

Well a mattress salesman was conning you

I am 86 year Cousin Leroy 89 we have no back trouble and sleep on the kitchen table

Glad I can help

• Like 1

Good luck

Well a mattress salesman was conning you

I am 86 year Cousin Leroy 89 we have no back trouble and sleep on the kitchen table

Glad I can help

I thought you spent more of your time under the table harryfrompayyata,smile.png

Yes latex is a good product, dont get me wrong. The mattress we have was originally priced at 80k baht, but on special at 15k baht. Very good support without being too firm.

Cant say Ive ever slept on a kitchen table but I have seen many locals in East Timor, Papua New Guinea and like places, sleep anywhere and everywhere including on a single piece of 2x4 lumber. It maybe good for their back but doesnt appear to have been beneficial as 'beauty sleep' if you get my drift.

Each to their own I expect.

Have a great weekend..... Sausage King beckons for lunch biggrin.png

• Like 1

Yes latex is a good product, dont get me wrong. The mattress we have was originally priced at 80k baht, but on special at 15k baht. Very good support without being too firm.

Cant say Ive ever slept on a kitchen table but I have seen many locals in East Timor, Papua New Guinea and like places, sleep anywhere and everywhere including on a single piece of 2x4 lumber. It maybe good for their back but doesnt appear to have been beneficial as 'beauty sleep' if you get my drift.

Each to their own I expect.

Have a great weekend..... Sausage King beckons for lunch biggrin.png

After a nice lunch there you could sleep on anything.

Yes thats them. Down a side road after the new 9 condo thing. Right at the fork then keep going till you see the water tower with 6 black drums on top. Turn left there in small lane.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app