Weapons found inside deserted building room: Bomb attack against Suthep's procession

webfact

You are a disgrace to humanity.

Yes, name-calling is what people normally use when they have no arguments. Must hurt to have the actual truth on video. And on top of it, a video shot by a fellow yellow shirt. I can see why you are upset.

• Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just stunning what you guys come up with in all your blindness. It would be amusing if the situation in Thailand is not so tragic mainly because of narrow minded people like you. So I'm called fascist only because I don't want any more Thais to die, I don't want Thai tax payer money to be wasted on the election in February which is bound to fail no matter what the outcome, I want politicians to be accountable for, representative, responsible for, and transparent about their actions and dodgy deals, I want nepotism out of Thai politics, once an for all, above all I want both parties to sit down and schedule the election for second part of May 2014 or later which will definitely ensure that the amnesty bill is dead and buried. Do not give me that line that the election cannot be delayed because of Thai constitution. It can be done legally. All it takes is good will to compromise.

Eh we're blind? Did you not watch the video? Who's blind here?

No, you're called a fascist because you support these yellow shirts who want to replace the democratic government with an unelected council. You say you want politicians to be held accountable, but how will they be that with an unelected council? At least in a democracy the people can vote them out if they want to. But I know those are just excuses because you don't have the balls to admit what you really think.

More abject nonsense from you. I watched the video few times and didn't see anything unusual. What are you talking about? Overactive imagination?

You might consider a professional help. Seeing things is usually a sign that there is a medical problem.

I specifically said that I prefer the election in second part of May 2014 or later. The best way to solve the current political crisis and save Thai lives. Apart from seeing things you seem to be misinterpreting and putting words into other people mouths. Pay more attention. By the way, in my humble opinion, the other guy was only paying you a compliment, that wasn't a name calling.wai2.gif

More abject nonsense from you. I watched the video few times and didn't see anything unusual. What are you talking about? Overactive imagination?

You can clearly see that the grenade is thrown from the car. It's clearly visible immediately before the explosion. Either you need glasses, or you need to stop lying.

I specifically said that I prefer the election in second part of May 2014 or later. The best way to solve the current political crisis and save Thai lives.

Isn't the best way to save lives and to solve the political crisis for the yellow shirts just to go home and have a peaceful democratic campaign? And why do you care when the election is held. The yellow shirts will lose again, regardless when the election is held.

here is a clip circulating widely on youtube showing another angle of the blast..

up to 10 seconds shows the communication van moving.. then it stops

3 seconds later there is something happening near the drivers window... was that someone throwing something out of the car..?

1 second later.. blast

white towel image seems to be visible being thrown away

driver opens door and runs

Could that explosive have come from the car? surely not..

Actually, it seems to me that something bounces up into the window. The white is smoke as it hits the window and falls back down to the ground.

Actually, it seems to me that something bounces up into the window. The white is smoke as it hits the window and falls back down to the ground.

White smoke from a grenade? The grenade was on fire you mean?

It's more plausible that the white thing that is visible is a piece of cloth used to wipe his fingerprints with. He was probably throwing it with the cloth to not leave any fingerprints behind.

Edited by diceq

White smoke from a grenade? The grenade was on fire you mean?

There is clearly smoke before the explosion. Whether it was thrown from the car, or thrown from somewhere else and bounced off the car, there is smoke. I don't know what it is from, but it is smoke.

edit: There is no way it is a piece of cloth.

Edited by whybother

I would not be surprised if Suthep was behind this attack. Only he has to gain anything from it. His protests are not achieving anything and he's running out of options. He needs violence to erupt in order to force the army to intervene with a coup. That's his only way out and he'll do everything to make it happen.

There is clearly smoke before the explosion. Whether it was thrown from the car, or thrown from somewhere else and bounced off the car, there is smoke. I don't know what it is from, but it is smoke.

There is no way it is smoke. You can clearly see it being propelled from outside of the car inwards and up in a fast motion shortly before the explosion. Just as one would expect to happen if he was throwing a grenade wrapped in cloth.

• Like 1

here is a clip circulating widely on youtube showing another angle of the blast..

up to 10 seconds shows the communication van moving.. then it stops

3 seconds later there is something happening near the drivers window... was that someone throwing something out of the car..?

1 second later.. blast

white towel image seems to be visible being thrown away

driver opens door and runs

Could that explosive have come from the car? surely not..

The powder train in some grenade fuzess produce smoke as it burns towards the primer.

I would not be surprised if Suthep was behind this attack. Only he has to gain anything from it. His protests are not achieving anything and he's running out of options. He needs violence to erupt in order to force the army to intervene with a coup. That's his only way out and he'll do everything to make it happen.

If the protests are not achieving anything, why are you complaining about them blocking roads? They must be achieving something if people are getting angry about them and threatening to attack them.

There is no way it is smoke. You can clearly see it being propelled from outside of the car inwards and up in a fast motion shortly before the explosion. Just as one would expect to happen if he was throwing a grenade wrapped in cloth.

Wrapped in cloth? Now you're making things up.

If the protests are not achieving anything, why are you complaining about them blocking roads? They must be achieving something if people are getting angry about them and threatening to attack them.

You are absolutely right. But is their goal to achieve something politically? Or to make people angry and spark violence? If to achieve something politically, they are obviously failing as we've seen by the dropping numbers of protesters every day. As for making people angry, they are definitely winning on that front. So the question is, will they achieve their political goals or start a civil war?

You are absolutely right. But is their goal to achieve something politically? Or to make people angry and spark violence? If to achieve something politically, they are obviously failing as we've seen by the dropping numbers of protesters every day. As for making people angry, they are definitely winning on that front. So the question is, will they achieve their political goals or start a civil war?

Haven't you been reading the news? Their aim is to get Yingluck to step down. They plan to disrupt the government until she does.

Haven't you been reading the news? Their aim is to get Yingluck to step down. They plan to disrupt the government until she does.

Please stop trolling.

I made a statement about the violence and who has to gain about it.

• Like 1

What is scaring away the remaining support now is the question.... Then what. Shudders with horror and I think a lot of thais are having very cold feet about putting him in.

80 days in, is not a quick popular uprising. I was in Asoke last night and there were more people at the stalls at the junction that at the stage. For gods sake, we were all counted in that crowd as well. So we can assume that a big percentage of what is left at these gatherings are not even his supporters anyway.

I'm seeing lots of selfies from Thai friends on FB and they are having nothing to do with it... Just another selfie!!!

Please stop trolling.

I made a statement about the violence and who has to gain about it.

You asked a question. "But is their goal to achieve something politically?" I answered it.

Can't say if it did or didn't come from the car. Can note this though.

1 the car clearly stops right at that spot for a good 3 seconds before the blast. Why ? the car in the front is just going along on tickover all the time, there was no reason to stop there at all no one got in the way it should have been moving as it was before.

2 the guy is out of the car the second the blast is over, no hesitation and heads directly into the direction of the building it seemed to come from . This is not how normal people react, if panicing hed be off up the road not going towards where it may have come from. If trained security again hed not be rushing in without backup.

when things like this go off people either panic, freeze or go into shock. If trained you do not rush towards the danger and certainly not alone or unarmed. I don't believe for a second this guy was being heroic and outraged 1 second after the explosion, the brain wont take it all in that fast what has happened where from etc etc.

Im not going to say this is self inflicted and I cant see anything coming out of the car window but the way that car stopped could very easily be the signal and the guy reacts very unnatural in this kind of situation. and far far to quickly for my liking unless he had previous knowledge.

There would be no way of knowing at that point where the blast had come from let alone picking exactly the right building to run into. I am assuming the stash was found in that building where the blast went off which is awful mighty convenient and suspect.

Lastly there is the route change, when this kind of thing is done and an incident occurs I tend to assume its a false flag event and a set up . The chances of it being opportunistic are remote but possible but its more likely this was pre planned and would have had to gotten in position before the protesters arrived. Being off the planned route means someone had to have had prior notice there was a deviation or it was diverted to go down that route specifically. Ask who decided to change the route so conveniently.

There are too many coincidences and strange behaviour for my liking.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

The powder train in some grenade fuzess produce smoke as it burns towards the primer.

I'd like to see a source of that. Never heard that before.

No? and here I was thinking you were a forensics expert.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M26_grenade

The M26 was developed as a result of the studies on the Mk 2. Unlike its previous counterpart, its M204A1 fuse[3] creates no tell-tale smoke or sparks when ignited and its powder train is almost silent while it burns down

In any case Whyboter explanation that it may be debris from the grenade hitting the window before bouncing off and falling next to the pick-up seems very likely. Only an idiot would identify that puff of smoke as a cloth being used to clean fingerprints.

Here is my take so far:

They arrange a room in an empty building before hand, propping it up with lots of evidence. They then change the march route to walk past this place. When the car is just outside the building, the driver stops, then proceeds to wipe of the fingerprints of the grenade with a towel before he launches it outside. He then ducks, and immediately after the explosion runs straight in to the empty building look for the perpetrators (even though it would have been impossible for him to know where the grenade was launched from).

There it is, you nailed it diceq, can't argue with it, the evidence is there, inside job pure and simple.

What kind of animals are these to kill and maim their own people for a bit of cheap publicity and try to stir up trouble!

Discusting people bah.gif

Here is my take so far:

They arrange a room in an empty building before hand, propping it up with lots of evidence. They then change the march route to walk past this place. When the car is just outside the building, the driver stops, then proceeds to wipe of the fingerprints of the grenade with a towel before he launches it outside. He then ducks, and immediately after the explosion runs straight in to the empty building look for the perpetrators (even though it would have been impossible for him to know where the grenade was launched from).

There it is, you nailed it diceq, can't argue with it, the evidence is there, inside job pure and simple.

What kind of animals are these to kill and maim their own people for a bit of cheap publicity and try to stir up trouble!

Discusting people bah.gif

The same people who are currently in court accused of giving orders to kill 88 Thai civilians during the 2010 protests. If you give orders to fire on your people once, you might as well do it again.

An inflammatory name calling post has been removed. If you cannot post in a polite manner respectful of others and the fact that they are allowed to have opinions different than your own then I would highly recommend that you do not post. Further such posts will result in more than a simple formal warning and you may find your posting rights restricted until you can be polite.

No? and here I was thinking you were a forensics expert.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M26_grenade

The M26 was developed as a result of the studies on the Mk 2. Unlike its previous counterpart, its M204A1 fuse[3] creates no tell-tale smoke or sparks when ignited and its powder train is almost silent while it burns down

In any case Whyboter explanation that it may be debris from the grenade hitting the window before bouncing off and falling next to the pick-up seems very likely. Only an idiot would identify that puff of smoke as a cloth being used to clean fingerprints.

• Like 1

The British army used them against the French army in the Peninsular War. That was over 200 years ago. I've seen similar used on Tom and Jerry.
  • Like 1

Pretty sure the old L2 grenades used to "smoke" a bit like that, but the general rule is people don't tend to watch them after they've been thrown, they're too busy trying to duck!!
Grenades also make a distinctive sound when they go off, nothing like the movies.

The driver does act in a very unusual manner, he legs it past the casualties lying on the ground, either fright, flight or fear.
Has the driver been located and interviewed?
Nobody reacts they didn't suspect or expect this, if something fell from a height, unless it was made of putty, it would bounce, and people would scatter, you can't see anything enter the frame from above, nor observe anything bounce!

Can't say if it did or didn't come from the car. Can note this though.

1 the car clearly stops right at that spot for a good 3 seconds before the blast. Why ? the car in the front is just going along on tickover all the time, there was no reason to stop there at all no one got in the way it should have been moving as it was before.

2 the guy is out of the car the second the blast is over, no hesitation and heads directly into the direction of the building it seemed to come from . This is not how normal people react, if panicing hed be off up the road not going towards where it may have come from. If trained security again hed not be rushing in without backup.

when things like this go off people either panic, freeze or go into shock. If trained you do not rush towards the danger and certainly not alone or unarmed. I don't believe for a second this guy was being heroic and outraged 1 second after the explosion, the brain wont take it all in that fast what has happened where from etc etc.

Im not going to say this is self inflicted and I cant see anything coming out of the car window but the way that car stopped could very easily be the signal and the guy reacts very unnatural in this kind of situation. and far far to quickly for my liking unless he had previous knowledge.

There would be no way of knowing at that point where the blast had come from let alone picking exactly the right building to run into. I am assuming the stash was found in that building where the blast went off which is awful mighty convenient and suspect.

Lastly there is the route change, when this kind of thing is done and an incident occurs I tend to assume its a false flag event and a set up . The chances of it being opportunistic are remote but possible but its more likely this was pre planned and would have had to gotten in position before the protesters arrived. Being off the planned route means someone had to have had prior notice there was a deviation or it was diverted to go down that route specifically. Ask who decided to change the route so conveniently.

There are too many coincidences and strange behaviour for my liking.

The guy in the car may not have known where the explosion happened. The car got hit by the explosion, so he just got out and ran.

Pretty sure the old L2 grenades used to "smoke" a bit like that, but the general rule is people don't tend to watch them after they've been thrown, they're too busy trying to duck!!

Grenades also make a distinctive sound when they go off, nothing like the movies.

The driver does act in a very unusual manner, he legs it past the casualties lying on the ground, either fright, flight or fear.

Has the driver been located and interviewed?

Nobody reacts they didn't suspect or expect this, if something fell from a height, unless it was made of putty, it would bounce, and people would scatter, you can't see anything enter the frame from above, nor observe anything bounce!

Yes, I was looking for a bounce off the road, because I thought something might have hit the pick-up from the road and then bounced a second time to the point of the explosion. I could not see any first bounce. It looks to me like there is a downward movement near the window before something rises up again (compatible with an object wrapped in a rag being thrown and the rag rising up). I don't want to jump to a definite conclusion and it would be very interesting to see an expert analysis of the video carried out.

I do not understand the argument that the movement near the window could be debris from a grenade because any grenade had not exploded at that point. I think we still need to confirm the nature of the explosive device.

Edited by citizen33
  • Like 1

Wouldn't you stop if something hit your car? It's normal reaction. The bomb hits the car, bounces off, explodes.

M26 hand grenade, maximum thrown range around 30m, it takes about 5 seconds to explode. Let's say the attacker threw it from around 15-20 metres, maybe a second or a little bit more to reach the truck, another 3 seconds to explode. So it's possible. Nothing unusual.

• Like 1

Yes, I was looking for a bounce off the road, because I thought something might have hit the pick-up from the road and then bounced a second time to the point of the explosion. I could not see any first bounce. It looks to me like there is a downward movement near the window before something rises up again (compatible with an object wrapped in a rag being thrown and the rag rising up). I don't want to jump to a definite conclusion and it would be very interesting to see an expert analysis of the video carried out.

I do not understand the argument that the movement near the window could be debris from a grenade because any grenade had not exploded at that point. I think we still need to confirm the nature of the explosive device.

Look at the feet of the guy with the flag next to the car. At about 12 seconds, you can see something at his feet just before the guy in dark clothing walks across in front of him. Then there is something coming up that hits the car and then drops back down. Then the explosion occurs.