Drinking Water Solutions

ezzra

I don't need to buy bottled water or use filters of any sort any more,

Just got my self this water generator machine that continently produces the cleanest

possible drinking water out the air's humidity in the house,

it is the same size of normal water fountain and has a digital display of all it's fuctions,

it is only connected, and uses small amount of electricity and has hot, warm and chilled

water taps, the machine is not cheap but it dose solve a lot of clean water problems

I like to drink rain water (taste factor), but I prefer to filter it because although it's safe as it falls it's subject to some contamination in the storage containers. I have a small, counter-top Watermate filter (charcol) but it's getting hold and not only are they no longer available in Thailand, they seem to have gone out of business altogether. The only filters I have found on sale anywhere are designed to fit the tap or water pipes and not counter-top things you can add rain water to.

Anyone know where I can find one??

TMD dealer on about 3rd floor of the old World Trade Center (Central) near the department store end has a current unit from Korea. Looks like a cafe or hotel juice cooler but is passive gravity drop filter through about 3 stages. Bought about six months ago so no money back guarantee if don't have now but was on promotion at the time and appeared to be new to Thailand.

//Looked it up and it is on the 5th floor//

//Unit cost 4,500 baht on November 25 including two sets of filters (two years)//

TMD dealer on about 3rd floor of the old World Trade Center (Central) near the department store end has a current unit from Korea. Looks like a cafe or hotel juice cooler but is passive gravity drop filter through about 3 stages. Bought about six months ago so no money back guarantee if don't have now but was on promotion at the time and appeared to be new to Thailand.

//Looked it up and it is on the 5th floor//

//Unit cost 4,500 baht on November 25 including two sets of filters (two years)//

Thanks for the info. This sounds a bit large and expensive tho...given that what I will use it for is pretty clean water to start with. What I currently use is a small thing that sits on the kitchen counter and cost well under 1,000. It's only a single stage drop (carbon), which I think for rain water is OK. At least I haven't had any problems.

Think I'll keep looking for a small counter top device...any one seen one?

It is a fairly large unit and they also had a smaller unit but don't recall the price. The filter material was the costly part as it used three and each was about 300 baht as I recall. They said 1 year average life but believe it would probably be longer. We bought for very monkey contaminated jungle water for a monk living in a cave so went for the larger model. I have not seen the Brita (I believe that is the name) type water pitcher/filter here that is sold in the US. The old British ceramic slow drip filters were on display at this TMD store but not for sale.

I would be more concerned with rain water these days than previously as the tin roof is often a perch for pigeons.