Oust me by voting, Yingluck urges opponents

webfact

She is absolutely correct: If you want to bring down the Shins and the PT government, vote them out. All but 28 seats will be up for grabs on Feb 2nd. Get off the streets, give Bangkok residents their streets back and go back to democtratic campaigning.

Erm Pedr, there's a little question of the missing 200 billion baht unaccounted for from the rice scheme. Even if 30% of that was skimmed off to dish out in the right places, I know where my 'money' would be at the bookies office.

And the way the rice scheme is going, if there was less 'money' involved and more 'common sense', sure we could vote the Shinawatras out!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So reforms are needed before an election can come about again.

I hate to break it to you, but Thailand is a democracy, and the Thai people do not want your reforms. If you don't like it, maybe you can go and live in China or North Korea.

I hate to break it to you, but Thailand's democracy is rather flawed, that is why Thai people are asking for reforms. And China or N.Korea would be much more suitable for those who like autocratic government led by unelected criminals growing obscenely wealthy while others live in hovels.

Now you can tell me that Thailand's democracy is perfect, that there is nothing wrong with a criminal being given access to cabinet meetings, and that lies from ministers are normal policy.

• Like 1

She is absolutely correct: If you want to bring down the Shins and the PT government, vote them out. All but 28 seats will be up for grabs on Feb 2nd. Get off the streets, give Bangkok residents their streets back and go back to democtratic campaigning.

no are not because the opposition boycott the election and even if they would change their mind now, Yingluck would have to postpone the election like the EC recommends so they can register.

But she told already that she won't do that.

So NOW you can't vote her out, because she and the coalition partners are the only one you can vote.

Democracy is not only about numbers - it is ALSO about the LAW - that is what makes Thaksin unacceptable - otherwise its 2 wolves and a sheep arguing about what to eat for dinner!!

de·moc·ra·cy
diˈmäkrəsē/
noun
  1. 1.
    a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

Dictionaries are good. You should learn how to use them.

Now you can tell me that Thailand's democracy is perfect, that there is nothing wrong with a criminal being given access to cabinet meetings, and that lies from ministers are normal policy.

You mean like this?

"Wikileaks diplomatic cables from the US embassy revealed that many members of his own party have long complained of his corrupt and unethical behavior...After several Criminal court ruling that deaths and injuries sustained by red-shirt protesters during the political unrest in April and May 2010 are the direct result of order to soldier given by Suthep Thaugsuban, the director of the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES), the Department of Special Investigation, public prosecutors and police agreed to file murder charges against him" - wiki

• Like 2

If PT win (which of course they will) then they should be the ones running the country, no question. The problem that's happened, the Government abused its position in a huge way. So reforms are needed before an election can come about again.

What exactly are those reforms needed? Compared to decades old nepotism under the yellow rule for the Bangkok elite, the reds have not abused their position anywhere near of their level! The same group of Bangkok elite families are still running the show more or less.

They only bitch about not being the top dog anymore and about the rural Thais having actually power to oppose them! It is so outrageous...!

Please let me know when the Yellows did rule for decades? I need to go back till 1986 to see anything that could be remotely yellow.....

Thaksin

Banharn

Chavalit

?????

If PT win (which of course they will) then they should be the ones running the country, no question. The problem that's happened, the Government abused its position in a huge way. So reforms are needed before an election can come about again. And who's to say they won't try to sneak in the thing that caused all of this (the Amnesty Bill) again. That's what most folks fear, even the ones who hate the protests.

The problem is, who heads the Reforms, PT are obviously not going to agree to something that will put them in a bad light or stop with their agenda. And this is the situation we find ourselves in.

Suthep doesn't help matters with his stupid People's Council idea, demanding that all Shinawatras go (yes they should go so we could be rid of them once and for all, but it's for the people who decide, not you) and avoiding all talks.

The only solution I see which will be best is for a Military led government for a while, while both sides sort out the reforms, then call an election, but even then I cannot see the sides agreeing and will be months and months, or even years of arguing. Just do us all a favour, Thaksin, Yingluck and Suthep, give it up and bugger off all of you.

Am I following you correctly?

PT - NO

People's Council - NO

Military - NO (due to mos./years of arguing)

One further question: Franks and beans?

So reforms are needed before an election can come about again.

I hate to break it to you, but Thailand is a democracy, and the Thai people do not want your reforms. If you don't like it, maybe you can go and live in China or North Korea.

Every Thai person i know, from many different circles, all want reforms before the election.

So sorry to call you out, diceq, but your 'the thai people do not want your reforms' is a complete and utter lie.

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra told foreign media ..."

Well, did she also explain why the protests started? Did she mention the 'blanket amnesty bill' which was good for Thaksin and therefore good for the country? Did she mention how her poor brother had to call a relative who just happens to be MoFA to get a new passport issued from flooded offices while the nation was somewhat occupied by water flowing through their living room. Did she mention the 400 billion Baht lost in rice pledging, her brother's pet scheme gone 'right'? Etc., etc.. Now did she?

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

If PT win (which of course they will) then they should be the ones running the country, no question. The problem that's happened, the Government abused its position in a huge way. So reforms are needed before an election can come about again. And who's to say they won't try to sneak in the thing that caused all of this (the Amnesty Bill) again. That's what most folks fear, even the ones who hate the protests.

The problem is, who heads the Reforms, PT are obviously not going to agree to something that will put them in a bad light or stop with their agenda. And this is the situation we find ourselves in.

Suthep doesn't help matters with his stupid People's Council idea, demanding that all Shinawatras go (yes they should go so we could be rid of them once and for all, but it's for the people who decide, not you) and avoiding all talks.

The only solution I see which will be best is for a Military led government for a while, while both sides sort out the reforms, then call an election, but even then I cannot see the sides agreeing and will be months and months, or even years of arguing. Just do us all a favour, Thaksin, Yingluck and Suthep, give it up and bugger off all of you.

PT - NO

People's Council - NO

More or less yeah. I can't see any solution that will make both sides happy. Can you? It's too deep now.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

PT - NO

People's Council - NO

More or less yeah. I can't see any solution that will make both sides happy. Can you? It's too deep now.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

100% agree with you here

• Like 1

I find it sadly amusing that neither side addresses the root of the other side's problems and contentions. The Dems are upset because the percentage of voters they win is not the percentage of seats they are awarded after election. In the US we call it Gerrymandering, and it is a legitimate complaint. The other side wants the poor to have a voice in governance, without a "people's council" of select individuals who eat rice from their fields and profit from the sweat of their hands without just cause.

Simple deadlock, but it is turning into game of Thai-Russian roulette.

Fools, charlatans, uncaring overseers of a plantation nation....

Thais deserve better than this.

• Like 2

Mr. Suthep is just a sneaky old politicians, going all in to save his own sorry **s. He knows he might lose in the courts against the murder charges and what else.

If he were to succeed, guess what this so called "people's" council would do? He would get a blanket amnesty because he is such a "good" guy and those charges were to magically to disappear!

• Like 1

Democracy is not only about numbers - it is ALSO about the LAW - that is what makes Thaksin unacceptable - otherwise its 2 wolves and a sheep arguing about what to eat for dinner!!

de·moc·ra·cy
diˈmäkrəsē/
noun
  1. 1.
    a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

Dictionaries are good. You should learn how to use them.

So is Politics for Simplistic Idiots. Did you write it?

• Like 2

You mean like this?

"Wikileaks diplomatic cables from the US embassy revealed that many members of his own party have long complained of his corrupt and unethical behavior...After several Criminal court ruling that deaths and injuries sustained by red-shirt protesters during the political unrest in April and May 2010 are the direct result of order to soldier given by Suthep Thaugsuban, the director of the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES), the Department of Special Investigation, public prosecutors and police agreed to file murder charges against him" - wiki

OK Timmy, other people lie as well. Like to have a go at criminals being given access to cabinet meetings (and at the same time making outstanding wealth gains)?

BTW I told my g/f of 8+ years that you in your opinion I regard her as sub-human. She said I treat her better than the dog, so she'll stay anyway. My teenage step-daughters thought it was very funny.

This whole farce is predicated upon a legitimate government asking for their being voted for in an 'election'. Those posters crying for a Western style democracy should ask themselves how they would respond to their home countries being run by proxy from a criminal fugitive, such proxy now being investigated for the sequestration of billions of dollars from state coffers, and no wait, laugh.png , asking for a further feed at the trough!

++++1

Also worth noting that Thai law does not permit anyone with a criminal conviction to stand for political office. Many people find it unacceptable that the government is run by a criminal fugitive, via his family members.

If the Shin clan had played with a straight bat there never would have been a protest.

Every Thai person i know, from many different circles, all want reforms before the election.

So sorry to call you out, diceq, but your 'the thai people do not want your reforms' is a complete and utter lie.

I was referring to the majority of the people when I said that "the Thai people" do not want your reforms. If the majority of the people do not want it, the minority have to respect it. That's how a democracy works. But maybe you missed that class in elementary school.

I was referring to the majority of the people when I said that "the Thai people" do not want your reforms. If the majority of the people do not want it, the minority have to respect it. That's how a democracy works. But maybe you missed that class in elementary school.

Please provide evidence to support your claim that 'the majority of thai people do not want reforms'

As for the school comment, well learn to write properly and then people wont have to second guess you... I learnt that in school too.

Edited by MunterHunter

If PT win (which of course they will) then they should be the ones running the country, no question. The problem that's happened, the Government abused its position in a huge way. So reforms are needed before an election can come about again.

What exactly are those reforms needed? Compared to decades old nepotism under the yellow rule for the Bangkok elite, the reds have not abused their position anywhere near of their level! The same group of Bangkok elite families are still running the show more or less.

They only bitch about not being the top dog anymore and about the rural Thais having actually power to oppose them! It is so outrageous...!

Try listening less to your wife.

Don't be a lying idiot. How is the Feb 2 election going to solve the political conflict? So what if you win it? People will still hate you and your brother. The only way to solve this conflict is for your government to distance itself from your idiot brother and actually try to govern this country without any interference from him. You may not be able to govern wisely because most of you are idiots but at very least, try not to come up with hare brained schemes like the rice pledging or tablets for children! bah.gif

BUT, the Thai people voted for them with a big majority........Yes or No.............rolleyes.gif

Doesn't matter who governs, none of them have a clue. So where does the country go..........?

No ..........and even if they had - Thailand cannot be run for the SOLE PURPOSE of bringing back HER BROTHER!!! That is NOT Democracy - with Democracy comes the law and her last three years have BROKEN IT!!!

You are telling me the present gov didn't win by votes ?

They won by buying votes on a massive scale. Why do you guys keep forgetting that.

In a nutshell - you have only but CONTEMPT for the established democratic process.

If they win with a 'big majority', so what? Will it solve the conflict and the divide in this country? Will it stop the violence? She's lying through her teeth because you're going to have all sorts of bombs going off before, during and also AFTER the elections. Saying the political conflict will be over after elections is as usual a big fat lie from her.

Where this tired, jaded old argument falls well short is it is a statement that you seem to accept but only in isolation from other facts.

There is no doubt in any resonable mind, media outlet of Government agency outside of thailand that the Law in Thailand is written by, tailored to suit, policed and enfoced basically by the PDRC.Democrat backers.

Were the laws fair and seen to be judged even handedly, perhaps your small point would come into play.

Wiki and google more and see how many cases were ever brought against Dem, PAD for crimes, insurrection, land missapropriation, extra judicial killings and beating in the south.

The Law can also be an ass, corrupted and enfoced in a partisan way. Simply put, if the Law is fair and seen to be fair it should be obeyed... If not it should be repealed and fought against. Think Poll tax in England

How Sutheps educated supporters cannot entertain more than one notion at a time is beyond me... considering how intellegent they keep telling us they are.

Try expanding on your arguments... perhaps people will start to see you as a serious poster and not another un-thinking regurgitator of old cliches.

Start now by teling us that the Constitution was not written by the Army Controlled Junta... Tell us it was not illegal to campain against it. Tell us that all the opposition radio and tv stations were closed down by the army... Tell us that abhisit, even under these circumstance got more than 30.5% of the vote that year. Tell us the Army didn't strongarm the coalitinon together... State outright "I think the constitution is right and fair... because" Really, I wold be interested to know.

Then provide the facts to back up what you say. I've read most judicial reports on it, and there is nobody serious arguing against this position. So why do you expect that after all this, anybody should have knuckeled down and obeyed such an outragous assault on democracy?

Edited by pipkins
  • Like 2

They won by buying votes on a massive scale. Why do you guys keep forgetting that.

Robin Hood bought votes by taking from the rich to give to the poor.

What's wrong with that. The tax money has to go somewhere, doesn't it. Free medical care is something you oppose?

Vote buying. Everyone does it. You know you want to too.

Edited by oldthaihand99
  • Like 1