How to buy a laptop in Bangkok

TheDenngod

Im from Delhi,India.I would be in Bangkok next week for a small tour and I wonna buy a laptop here(preferably HP or Dell).In India laptops are pretty coslty than Thailand specially when i wonna go for a i7 one.

My questions regarding this are

1)Is there any site where I would get fai idea about cost for my required configuration.I tried invadeit.co.th please suggest me 2-3 more like this.

2)can i get it with English/Roman keyboard that means i dont wont Thai alphbets on it.Not even double alphabet keyboard i want stricly English/Roman only.

3)please tell me about its warranty whether it is limited to Thailand only or it will be worldwide?

Please provide answers in 1-2-3 only.Thanks :)

1. Go to Pantip Plaza

2. Yes, but why is this important? just install OS with the languages you want

3. Ask the vendor about international warranty, confirm with manufacturer CS before paying

Edited by wym
  • Like 1

Im asking the keyboard should be English strictly not Os Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And I can't imagine why that would be important to anyone, hence my question: why?

PS Fortune Tower's (almost) as good as Pantip Plaza, so depending on where you're staying in Bangkok and traffic conditions. . .

I want online site where i can compare the Indian and Thai price even before i set foot in Bangkok....please suggest online site not mall names Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't know of any, and think you'd pretty much be wasting your time, the market here is so chaotic it's not funny, Pantip alone probably has 500 vendors under one roof.

Get your Indian price list in order before you come, and then go in person to Pantip to compare.

you can buy soemthing in usa for $300 and it thailand it cost close to $800 or so.

Proof please, apples to apples.

I know the US is cheaper, but I doubt by that sort of factor, especially in notebooks.

Well it's $430 now plus tax and shipping for the base model in the U.S.

So by your reckoning, the same notebook or equivalent would be 40,000 plus.

I'd bet the truth is around half that, say around THB 20K.

Any TV members going to be at Pantip or Fortune in the next few days?

Dear wym,have you gone mad?

I was just asking about the %online site' to get an overview of the laptop prices in Thailand.(just like invade.co.th suggest me few others)

I dont care the laptop prices in US as i dont have any contacts to buy laptop over there.

My request ia very simple...provide me some good online laptop dealing sites not the places in Bangkok which i already know

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I posted it before you gave me the good answer ukrules...im happy for that :)

You can read the nonsense discussion above by mr.wym.This was the reason i had to post few other threads

Anyways thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Dear wym,have you gone mad? I was just asking about the %online site' to get an overview of the laptop prices in Thailand.(just like invade.co.th suggest me few others) I dont care the laptop prices in US as i dont have any contacts to buy laptop over there. My request ia very simple...provide me some good online laptop dealing sites not the places in Bangkok which i already know Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think perhaps you don't understand how this kind of forum software works. With regard to the US pricing, that was a "side discussion" with another member, not addressed to you.

I already answered your "overview site" question - there isn't one, at least that I've ever seen available in English.

I did however suggest a perfectly workable solution for you that I am confident will result in your getting a better deal that you'd be able to find via the internet.

And no matter what, there is no reason to start multiple threads in the same forum for one topic, please remember to not do this anymore.

Thanks and good luck.

And once again, how about answering the question about your problem with the keyboard?

Im asking the keyboard should be English strictly not Os

And I can't imagine why that would be important to anyone, hence my question: why?