Protesters vow to continue Bangkok rallies despite deadly blast

webfact

On Thai tv today they had showed a pile of weapons in a room above the bomb site. On top of the pile was a red cap. Does this mean that the perpetrator was a red supporter, mummy?

Nope. It was planeted by suthep thugs that want to have blood in the streets again.

And this: Well suthep, you asked for this. you have been asking for violence and you got it. It is completely your fault. You ask or oreder kidnaping and other things and this is what you get.

Without any evidence you are either trolling or posting deliberate lies.

It is beyond belief that any half-intelligent person can make such wild accusations without a shred of proof. Plus exacerbated by supporting violence against mainly peaceful protestors. It's amazing how much hatred clouds a persons opinion.

BTW I don't know who threw the grenade and I'm not going to speculate without some proof.

• Like 1

One thing, I noticed, is that the AFP acticles are quite biased against the demonstrators. Terms like "win every election this century", "Yingluck called the snap February poll in an attempt to deflate the political crisis", is putting a spin on something, that is supposed to be news.

For anyone, to think, that Yingluck called the election to deflate the political crisis, would be comical. You would have to be a total idiot to believe that. So again, the Western Propaganda machine at work.

Maybe it's time for Western media, to keep their nose out of trying to influence foreign Countries, and start sticking their nose, in the S*&t of their own Nations, most of which stink to high heavens.

So far ,the only media, i found, that has some unbiased reports, on most issues around the World, is RT (Russia Today) and I'm from Canada, so I never thought, I would look at Russia today, for accurate news.

It's a sad world indeed, where sheep get manipulated everywhere, by media, controlled by the few ultra-rich, around the World.

As far as the demonstrations go, yes, I support the demonstrators, but because of my own, selfish reasons, not because I think, they are any better or worse, than the other side.

I just get tired of all the manipulation, ,by the International media and watching the sheep go Baaa Baaa and repeating everything they hear, like it is the truth. wai2.gif

Thai general elections this century were, I believe, in 2001, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011. Peua Thai and its predecessors won all. So why is "win every election this century" biased?

Protest leader Suthep marching again today despite fresh bombing

By Digital Content

13900169384654.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 18 – Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban declared that he was undeterred by yesterday’s explosions which killed one and injured scores of people and will march on Bangkok streets again today to urge people to join the fight against the government.

Mr Suthep, secretary general of the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), could not hold back his tears as he announced the names of protesters injured in the explosions near Ban Tad Thong intersection.

He led protesters from the Pathum Wan rally site on the fifth day of marching in the capital yesterday, as bombs were hurled from a deserted building, injuring more than 30 people.

He said a protester from Nakhon Si Thammarat, identified as Prakong Choochan, 46, was hit in the chest by shrapnel and rushed to Ramathibodi Hospital.

“His main artery was severed but doctors stitched it and pumped his heart to restart it. He is still in coma,” said Mr Suthep last night, adding that the PDRC will take responsibility for medical expenses for all injured protesters.

The Erawan Emergency Medical Service Centre later announced that he had died from his injuries.

Mr Suthep said the people have been fighting unarmed and that the protests over almost three months have been peaceful and non-violent despite repeated intimidations.

“We have been harassed and attacked 27 times. The residence of the Bangkok governor was bombed Thursday night,” he said.

He added, “I cannot guarantee if I will survive. If they get rid of me, please do not surrender but fight on. Do not let our brothers and sisters shed blood and lose their lives for nothing. We have to pursue our determination to totally wipe out the Thaksin regime.”

Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said the government was against violence and has instructed police to hunt for culprits in the bombing at Ban Tad Thong intersection.

She said the government has provided protection to all groups of people equally.

Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said he did not understand why Mr Suthep switched his marching route to the road where the deserted building was located.

Bombs were hurled at protesters from the building.

National Police Chief Adul Saengsingkaew urged protesters to allow police to inspect the explosion scene and promised to fully investigate the case.

He expressed concern that similar violence could occur again and stood firm that police were not involved in the explosions and war weapons found at the scene. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-01-18

Who was it that attacked and seriously injured the taxi driver for just wanting to earn his livelihood?

Seems to me many TV posters want it both ways. Keen to call Yingluck stupid and not qualified but want

to hold her accountable personally for the rice scheme that while a horrible failure and most likely full of

corruption she is only the figurehead and may be guilty only of being stupid in trusting her deputies. I say follow

the money using forensic accountants and jail everyone who illegally benefited from this scheme.

She may be guilty of little more than stupidity in trusting others. I am not sure but I do think all corrupt politicians

should spend time in jail and have there family assets confiscated until they can show were every baht comes from.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

One thing, I noticed, is that the AFP acticles are quite biased against the demonstrators. Terms like "win every election this century", "Yingluck called the snap February poll in an attempt to deflate the political crisis", is putting a spin on something, that is supposed to be news.

For anyone, to think, that Yingluck called the election to deflate the political crisis, would be comical. You would have to be a total idiot to believe that. So again, the Western Propaganda machine at work.

Maybe it's time for Western media, to keep their nose out of trying to influence foreign Countries, and start sticking their nose, in the S*&t of their own Nations, most of which stink to high heavens.

So far ,the only media, i found, that has some unbiased reports, on most issues around the World, is RT (Russia Today) and I'm from Canada, so I never thought, I would look at Russia today, for accurate news.

It's a sad world indeed, where sheep get manipulated everywhere, by media, controlled by the few ultra-rich, around the World.

As far as the demonstrations go, yes, I support the demonstrators, but because of my own, selfish reasons, not because I think, they are any better or worse, than the other side.

I just get tired of all the manipulation, ,by the International media and watching the sheep go Baaa Baaa and repeating everything they hear, like it is the truth. wai2.gif

Why not ? plenty of biased media in Thailand, if they can make crap up and spin why not anyone else ? if they had real journalism in Thialand ( which they are forced not to have ) that would be nice for a change.

I do agree about RT and al jazzeera isnt bad either

On Thai tv today they had showed a pile of weapons in a room above the bomb site. On top of the pile was a red cap. Does this mean that the perpetrator was a red supporter, mummy?

All rather too convenient, wouldn't you say? If you were hoping to slip into the vacant building un-noticed, you would hardly chose to wear a bright red cap, and then pile your stock of weapons up - which you know you will have to leave behind when you make a quick exit - and then place your red cap on top.

Remember, the first people to enter the building were Yellow guards followed by Military Police, all of whom would be quite capable of framing the redshirts for political gain.

Most probably, you have stayed in Thailand long enough, to know they dress as their political sympathies. This is a proud people.

Now please guys - we're foreigners in this country. Maybe we're living with or dating or have married or are friends with people from one side but not another. And we might have opinions, based on what Thai people around us have.

But, this is not our country. And it really doesn't make it any better that we're fighting on this forum over which side are bigger crooks. And for your own safety, stay away from conversations over it, especially with people you don't know.

Stay safe.

I agree. While I personally find the impasse Thailand has reached very interesting to discuss I also find it uncomfortable to see both TV posters and the Thai public are becoming more and more polarised.

In most societies you will find academics, journalists and other opinion-makers who will try to find a middle ground between the 2 sides and try to use reason and common sense to make progress at reconciliation.

All we see in Thailand now and on ThaiVisa are both intelligent and non-intelligent people engaged in one-upmanship. Clever people who should know better only seem concerned with applauding their own righteousness and offer insult and ridicule to the other side.

• Like 1