PM Yingluck: Govt not involved in Banthad Thong explosion

webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see clearly in this video that it was a yellow shirt who did it:

The same guy is the first to rush into the abandoned house to look for the "perpetrator".

Or it was a Red Shirt wearing disguise? Otherwise he would not have been able to get so close!

Not only was the government not involved, but:

*the rice scheme is making a profit

*the new car subsidy has reduced traffic

*the flood control project has insured it will never flood in Thailand again

*the minimum wage increase has not caused inflation

*and hitting the "like" button on facebook will not get you arrested by the government

• Like 1

Doesn't make sense for the government to have anything to do with violence as this stage, thus far they have avoided all confrontation to do so now would be ridiculous. The protests are no threat now and the numbers are so bad its an embarrassment to even keep the 7 locations open. I believe there are now more workers/security/staff at these locations most of the time than there are actual

protesters.

so who is behind the violence ?

4 There is another option for the third party candidate and thats a rouge cell from some group or made up independently. A cell could easily come from the muslim terrorist factions in the south, they would have no compulsion killing Thai buddhists as they do in the south all the time. Also taking it to BKK they would relish and to bring down the Shin regime as they also detest them would be a bonus. Also to further thier agenda for more independence down there a split in the country would be more advantageous for them. They have the funding they have the weaponry and they have the motive. .

Of course it's all speculation but your #4 is the first time I've seen anyone mention one of my early thoughts, i.e, the unfortunate and potentially violent repercussions of drawing southern Thais who support the Democrats into Bangkok. Prior to all the current malarkey in Bangkok the southern Thailand assassinations have been a weekly staple of TVF with few Thai on Thai murders in the news. Now they're here in Bangkok with the motive, presumably the means and easy to disappear back into the south when their work is complete and they're on the run...

Edited by LadPhrao123

Cannot make up my mind on this one, too many choices. Actually what does that say

about the fracturing of Thai society....

1. Rogue elements of the red shirts as a general power play

2. The military , to create chaos so they can step in for a coup

3. The mysterious third hand, with a equally mysterious agenda

4. Suthep did it to create sympathy for the his movement

5.Thaksin's thugs, to get revenge for Suthep trying to Yingluck thrown out

6. Some business group with a axe to grind due to business losses in Bangkok

Regarding Yingluck's denial, seems a bit quick to me. Given all the weird stuff

this government has done, I would not be so quick to write them out of the picture...

Edited by EyesWideOpen

I'm surprised that people are not responding to the video. It is not entirely conclusive, but with expert analysis of the video frames it could well give the answer. My first thought was that something bounced against the pick-up and then exploded, but having replayed the sequence several times I see nothing land on the road to bounce, and think there is a downward movement near the window before something rises upwards again. It will be fascinating to learn what an expert makes of the video.

Of course the government wasn't involved; it is totally opposite to their already successful tactic of non-violent confrontation. The most likely suspect is the PDRC itself trying to garner more sympathy for their cause. Suthep has proved in the past that he is more than willing to sacrifice human lives to serve his purposes.

Please provide the evidence to support your claim that it been proved that Suthep has sacrificed human lives to serve his purpose.

Please do not cite the 2010 insurrection has this has not been tried and proven.

Before any investigation has taken place she up and says 'we didn't do it'

As if she knows anything about it at all.

How many times has she ordered investigations to be carried out without result ?

Anyway why should she have to order an investigation, isn't it the police job to do that without her orders ?

I didn't do it. But if I was the Prime Minister and I had done it myself that is exactly the speech I would have given.

I wasn't paying to close attention at the start when the red shirts got together and said they would back her. But did she not talk to them and ask for their backing.

Makes sense to me tell the police and the army no violence and assemble a group of proven violent people. Then claim the government had nothing to do with it.

The same guy is the first to rush into the abandoned house to look for the "perpetrator".

Am I going colour blind or was he a 'man in black?'

"The Government is not involved" Sadly that is the very essence of truth. Your involvement only goes as far as doing what you can to cling on the power and position so that you can continue to rape and destroy this country in pursuit of your own interests.

• Like 1

Although.. we are foreigners here in this country... we have to think... there are two commodities that ride on this economy... tourism and the rice exportation... of which are both in trouble... now would a gov't sabotage itself in order to create a devastating problem? We also think...it is the rich class and the bangkokians who shun Yingluck, while the farmers and the country people think she is great.. so logically we know it is these complainers and destroyers causing the problems for both... and those in this gov't have been promised higher positions and been paid a lot of money to cause these problems... I would never want to be a leader of any country in these times... everyone always blames you first for any problem... and that is what is happening here as well. If as foriegners look to our own countries... we know corruption exists as well, but not this openly... yet they say the Asian countries are progressing faster than UK or US...but we know why... US and UK won't allow the people to be corrupt, they experienced that in the 1700s for UK and 1900"s for US... and then both countries became stable..but right now in Asia(China, SEA) the people pay for the courrption and the people do the corruption... but then in their futures, they will once again lose their economic status because they didn't learn from their mistakes and yet still need to join the rest of the world... and in Thailand, we see this happening, and with ASEAN happening, we should never see this kind of uprising again, because it cannot be in a Union in a situation like this... and those Suthep and his hordes don't want to lose their opportunity...but remember the 'pointing the one finger at one, still yields the 3 fingers pointing back" scenario... can't win... but will lose. I think Yingluck is the best one to take this country into that future... with her families given experience...Suthep is a low class wannabee that has on idea of what is going on other than just trying to bully someone else... (of course this is my observation and opinion, don't mean to discredit anyone elses opinion) as well have the right to what we feel and believe. but living in this country, we all are a part of this problem.

Making the rice so expensive was Thaksin's idea, paying the farmers more than the world market is prepared to pay. That has saboutaged the Thai rice industry.

• Like 1

Not only was the government not involved, but:

*the rice scheme is making a profit

*the new car subsidy has reduced traffic

*the flood control project has insured it will never flood in Thailand again

*the minimum wage increase has not caused inflation

*and hitting the "like" button on facebook will not get you arrested by the government

Do i sense a hint of irony?

• Like 1

Cannot make up my mind on this one, too many choices. Actually what does that say

about the fracturing of Thai society....

1. Rogue elements of the red shirts as a general power play

2. The military , to create chaos so they can step in for a coup

3. The mysterious third hand, with a equally mysterious agenda

4. Suthep did it to create sympathy for the his movement

5.Thaksin's thugs, to get revenge for Suthep trying to Yingluck thrown out

6. Some business group with a axe to grind due to business losses in Bangkok

Regarding Yingluck's denial, seems a bit quick to me. Given all the weird stuff

this government has done, I would not be so quick to write them out of the picture...

Don't forget the obvious possibility of Thaksin/reds/government attacking the protestors to scare them away from the protests. Although typically futile (attacks on protestors typically increase numbers rather than decrease them), Thaksin has used oppressive methods to suppress opposition in the past.

• Like 2

How many times has she ordered investigations to be carried out without result ?

Anyway why should she have to order an investigation, isn't it the police job to do that without her orders ?

The only thing Yingluk has ever been involved with are Shopping trips

• Like 1

After the riots at the stadium took place you people demanded that the government would deny or admit that the 'men in black' on the roof were police. And now when you get an instant denial you complain about that. There is just no pleasing some people.

Will there be a similar delay of several days, after which the government will do a U-turn & admit that actually they were involved, after all ? whistling.gif

Usually her party is involved and they'll make some clumsy attempt to sweep it under the carpet - this gives her denial credibility.

• Like 1

We know the government was not involved in it. But I would look more at either being a military backed operation.

Here we go again

You use the word We freely

Do you mean, you and your 5 PTP Buddies

Yes that would be a "we - me"

Reverse actions are common in propoganda

Be nice on the outside and show you not want to get the army involved by causing violence

but on the overside cause violence to scare the protestors off the streets, and say it was not you

We must all remember she was the one that warned us all it was comming

Now unlike my friend who know's everything to be a fact if he says it is ......

I have no idea if this is the case or not, maybe she's guilty or maybe she is innocent

But at least I keep an open mind, as I was not their at the time

Of course the government wasn't involved; it is totally opposite to their already successful tactic of non-violent confrontation. The most likely suspect is the PDRC itself trying to garner more sympathy for their cause. Suthep has proved in the past that he is more than willing to sacrifice human lives to serve his purposes.

Exactly - I think the relevant phrase is cui bono?

Doesn't matter if he is red, yellow pink or blue, this guy is either very brave or very stupid.

Imagine what the mob would have done if they caught him!

Have to say this, I would be hard pushed to call it a yellow shirt. At best off white.

Yep. Who gains from this? The government seems to get no advantage and it's contrary to the way they've worked to date. Nor, if you apply common sense, are they likely to be behind such a silly amateurishly pulled off stunt. The obvious perpetrators seem to be either an unknown third party or somebody from the wider protest movement attempting to provoke.

There's such an air of collapsing desperation in the protests that they need to do something. Suthep's rants are increasingly deranged and the numbers are shrinking. At Asoke yesterday there were less than 200 people around 3 and one woman, dressed in a headband, said to me it was almost over. I felt sorry for the band on the stage playing to 4 people and a couple of dogs.

Did Suthep do this himself? I doubt it, but he's surrounded by, and has encouraged and facilitated a large number of irrational nutters and thugs. You simply need to look around him as he walks and listen to some of the words coming from the stage.

your maths way out, my friend, look again!