Police told to take action against hardcore Red Shirt elements

webfact

How about taking action against the nutjob who said he would arrest the democratically elected Prime Minister and Cabinet Members?

Just a reminder for Jackrich and his new "Respect My Vote" avatar. Jack, you can't vote, here.

It says "Respect My Vote", wherever that may be. You should respect a Thai's right to vote just as much as you respect your right to vote in your home country.

So, you are in a place where you can vote? Some boiler room in Canada?

• Like 1

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are the police going to take action against suthep and his thugs that have destroyed Bangkok and hurt the livelyhoods of so many. Oh and dont forget the murder charges against him also.

Yes speak straight -out with it---police to take action against them selves for starters then, most of government officials, plus Thaksin then add on the extras you wanted. ok or no ????

Right. While Thaksin was in power in attempted to reduce the powers of the checks and balances, and put his relatives in positions of power, but you think he would have allowed himself to be kicked out in elections. But Suthep, even though he has said he wants a reform committee for a year and then have elections which he won't be standing in, and, although corrupt, hasn't changed laws to suit himself or put relatives in positions of power, is aiming to be president for life.

And you believe the words of a corrupt, megalomaniac who should be in court facing charges of murder?

Good or bad, the bottom line was the Government was DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED by the people of Thailand. What is so difficult to understand about that?

Oh god the democratically elected mantra.. .so boring.

It has shown they are corrupt.. voting for multiple people lying in court, sneaking laws through ect ect. The amnesty.. having 25.000 corruption cases dropped. Now.. G2G rice trades are fake.. its enough.. they should step down and be investigated.. prosecuted and jailed if guilty.

Meanwhile the constitution should be changed to make sure this level of corruption can't happen again. Then if they are elected again let them in power but only as long as they play by the rules and don't rape the country blind and lie so much that they lie more then speak the truth.

This just clearly shows the laws are not strong enough and the checks and balances are gone if such blatant corruption and lying is possible. Reforms now.. election later.

Oh God... the anarchist people's-republic matra..blah blah rice.. blah blah corruption (whilst forgetting how corrupt Suthep and his sponsors are) blah b;lah rape country blind blah blah constitution changed again (because the democrats are so dimwitted when they were in power and changed it they changed it to work against themselves) blah blah blah

Typical blame everyone but the lot you worship-your amazing.

There is no clear evidence, nor clear indications who launched the grenade attack. All these attacks are supposed to be well-coordinated, yet a surprise change in marching route suddenly made these "well-planned and despicable actors" have a fit of stupidity, and launch an attack, leaving behind valuable weapons and, of course...a red hat? Sorry, that's a pill the size of a pie plate and I am not swallowing it, and neither are most people. And then the police were not allowed inside to inspect the evidence. Really? Insisting on accompanying the police is reasonable, since the trustworthy meter is below zero, but to block them from examining the evidence....

Something is very fishy about all this, from the silencers the Navy boys carried, to the attack on the governor's house, not really his house, his father's house, not really a palace...but a car park.

I don't like either side, but I am not jumping on anyone's bandwagon just because they have posting buddies and a team they root for.

Thai people deserve better than this.

• Like 2

How about taking action against the nutjob who said he would arrest the democratically elected Prime Minister and Cabinet Members?

Just a reminder for Jackrich and his new "Respect My Vote" avatar. Jack, you can't vote, here.

It says "Respect My Vote", wherever that may be. You should respect a Thai's right to vote just as much as you respect your right to vote in your home country.

So, you are in a place where you can vote? Some boiler room in Canada?

Getting paid by a source in Dubai maybe cheesy.gif Or else it would be foolish to have such an avatar while you are somewhere you cant vote.

The democratically elected Prime Minister cheesy.gif now buying the votes is democraticcheesy.gif

Ah the old chestnut..coffee1.gif

People vote for who they want to vote anyway. If it takes a few hundred Baht to change a vote don't you think the rich yellow backers would be doing that rather than spend the money as they are doing now?

Edited by firestar
  • Like 1

Unbelievable that the army even come out with statements such as this.

So much for their claims that they do not favour either side in this conflict.

Red shirt criminals are allowed to kill and maim with impunity. The police are in league with the red shirts.

And your nut who wanted to abduct the top army mans daughters, Barbara S song "Memories"coffee1.gif

Don't start a nut job tit for tat argument. We'll be here all day

• Like 1

How many relatives of Thaksin were put in power? How has Thaksin changed laws to suit himself? Weren't they for the interests of the industries and the Country? Suthep hasn't changed law to suit himself? He and his party changed the election law before 2011 election. They also changed laws to pave the way for subsidies before the GE. Those laws they cannot changed, they break it - like what they are doing now.

Thaksin tried to put his brother in as an army chief, which would have put him in line for the top job. He put his brother in law and his sister in as PMs.

He increased loans to Myanmar so they could by telecom equipment from his company. He increased foreign ownership allowances in telecom companies and the next day sold his company.

How did changing from multi-seat constituencies to single-seat constituencies help Suthep? Changed the law to "pave the way for subsidies"? They subsidised the rice farmers and probably the rubber farmers. Isn't that what governments do - Subsidise industries?

My question was how many relatives of his were put in position of important?

On changing laws: My opinion was also that he changed laws not to benefit himself but the industries and country. He was already in telecom business and a billionaire before invited to join politics by his friends now turned enemies.

Where did you get the information that the changing of law is so that he could increase foreign ownership allowances in telecom companies and then the next day sold his company? How did that connect to just benefit him?

How do you substantial your accusation that he increased loans to Myanmar so they could buy telecom equipment from his company?

The changed of the election law though did not result in DEM winning the election it was for that purpose. Without the change, DEM would not have better result in party list MPs. PTP objected to the change and accused the Speaker of impartiality but it was rushed through with their parliamentary advantage. The matter was brought to CC, but it ruled in favored of the than government. Suthep was involved in the process.

The passing of subsidy laws plus other hand out before calling the election were to benefit DEM in election. However, I think they are very smart on this. I have no complain on this. It is just to argue the point that Suthep did not benefit from it from the party he belonged and I believe he controlled.

Despite all these, the DEM gave us an even more humiliating election results then before.

Unbelievable that the army even come out with statements such as this.

So much for their claims that they do not favour either side in this conflict.

Red shirt criminals are allowed to kill and maim with impunity. The police are in league with the red shirts.

1503452.GIF

The protests while not 100% peaceful have been relatively peaceful. Occupying streets and making idle threats is one thing. No one dies. However, these idiot red shirts want to escalate the situation by provoking fights and we know both sides have guns. With the cowardly bombings probably going to continue, it's only right that the army and police take action and not let things get worse.

Where is the evidence the reds are responsible for these attacks? seems like the yellow faction may be instigating these to get the army to intervene with a coup :/

There must be a reason that those who are intellectually challenged to such a degree that they cannot see the facts are all aligned to the faction rouge

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

well seeing as I'm intellectually challenged, what are the facts? obviously you are the authority on Thai political matters

One doesn't need to be authority on the matter, suggesting the grenade attach on PDRC was some sort of inside-job is absurd.

On changing laws: My opinion was also that he changed laws not to benefit himself but the industries and country. He was already in telecom business and a billionaire before invited to join politics by his friends now turned enemies.

Where did you get the information that the changing of law is so that he could increase foreign ownership allowances in telecom companies and then the next day sold his company? How did that connect to just benefit him?

How do you substantial your accusation that he increased loans to Myanmar so they could buy telecom equipment from his company?

The changed of the election law though did not result in DEM winning the election it was for that purpose. Without the change, DEM would not have better result in party list MPs. PTP objected to the change and accused the Speaker of impartiality but it was rushed through with their parliamentary advantage. The matter was brought to CC, but it ruled in favored of the than government. Suthep was involved in the process.

The passing of subsidy laws plus other hand out before calling the election were to benefit DEM in election. However, I think they are very smart on this. I have no complain on this. It is just to argue the point that Suthep did not benefit from it from the party he belonged and I believe he controlled.

Despite all these, the DEM gave us an even more humiliating election results then before.

How many relatives? I gave 3 examples. He shouldn't have put any relatives in important positions.

Where did I get the information? Most of it is common knowledge. http://www.asiasentinel.com/politics/thailands-messy-telecom-loan-to-burma-returns/

He changed the law and it DID benefit himself. Huge conflict of interest, particularly as PM and a major beneficiary of the change. It MAY have benefited others, but no one else sold huge chunks of their business days after the law changed.

You say that the Democrats changed the electoral laws to benefit themselves, but then it didn't benefit them. Maybe they didn't change it to benefit themselves. The change to single seat constituencies actually benefits the smaller parties.

Giving subsidies is normal politics. Did they allow the subsidies to go to middlemen instead of the intended recipient as is happening with the rice pledging scheme?

• Like 1

An unjust coup in 2006 started all this.

Had that not happened Thaksin would probably be retired in Chiang Mai now after being kicked out in an election a few years later.

<snip>

Right. While Thaksin was in power in attempted to reduce the powers of the checks and balances, and put his relatives in positions of power, but you think he would have allowed himself to be kicked out in elections. But Suthep, even though he has said he wants a reform committee for a year and then have elections which he won't be standing in, and, although corrupt, hasn't changed laws to suit himself or put relatives in positions of power, is aiming to be president for life.

And you believe the words of a corrupt, megalomaniac who should be in court facing charges of murder?

Good or bad, the bottom line was the Government was DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED by the people of Thailand. What is so difficult to understand about that?

What's with this democratically elected thing? Using as a way to justify unbridled criminal activities.

Saddam Hussein was elected, Robert Mugabe was elected...jeez even Adolf Hilter was elected.

This does not make it their right to act the way they do.

People power and Democracy aren't always the same thing. When elections become a farce and criminals run the country in perpetuity, or at least try to (think Marcos, Ceausescu et al) Vladimir Putin has engineered a way to keep himself in the seat of real power in Russia whilst being democratically elected.

It is apparent that the people of Thailand (and please stop compartmentalising them as the yellow Bangkok elitists or Issaan ignorant red farmers, although it suits the typical Euro spin doctors to do this (many who I suspect are recently new members of this forum),) are becoming increasingly aware of the state of their country and where it could be headed under the current junta.

And they don't like it.

The demonstrations are there way of projecting this feeling.

Edited by Mudcrab
  • Like 1

khenken #102

How does this information you shared, relevant to what I shared on the insensitive statement made by the Army spokesperson that resulted in anxiety, fear and tension that the Army is not neutral? I don't live in Pathum Thani, but my cousins, friends live there and some in BKK and Chiangmei. I suggest you go down to ground zero and feel the pulse of the people. I don't depend entirely on news reports.

Are you a political representative of Thailand?

Truth in facts please:

FACTS:

• Army and Police power rests with the executive branch of government.
  • Men at arms have as their prime function to protect the peace.
  • 2006 the police and army failed to follow the red elected executive branch of Thai government to quell the rioting yellows, and unmentionable members of the yellow establishment (unmentionable due to LM laws) sent directives that a coup was better than the elected government.
  • 2010 the police and army followed the yellow appointed (by mock election) executive branch to quell the riots when 90 Thais were killed and 200+ injured.
  • 2014 the red elected executive instructs its police and army to try to keep the peace .. peacefully.
  • And Thailand quakes today because the Thai people and the world know the Thai army and police powers are not used to protect the peace but to topple elected red governments because the yellows can’t win an election.

SUGGESTION:

Why can’t the yellows adopt rational plans to help Thai poor by implementing farm subsidies to the hard working farmers; sell the rice stocks at market price and suck-up the loss as the needed subsidy? In less corrupt nations, cash or tax credits are issued to the farmers directly. This would be a great platform for the yellows to adopt and then run on to win an election.

Why can’t the yellows adopt a rational plan to help the poor by allowing free or at cost medical care? This is done for the poor in less corrupt nations. This would be a great platform for the yellows to adopt and then run on to win an election.

TRUTH:

The answer is clear. In a sufficiency economy where 70% - 80% of the nation is poor, the poor are allowed to remain poor, to make do with what they have, and to not expect or seek more.

SARCASM AND TRUTH:

And the rich in a sufficiency economy are to be allowed to make do with what they have; to keep all the money earned by their employees’ toil, taking comfort that the profits from those enterprises will not be wasted on taxes used to help the nation grow by upgrading the greedy poor with scams such as farm subsidies and affordable medical care.

Wow, put this way, the yellows appear to be very much like the US Tea Party, except the Tea Party does not have control of the army and police powers.

Edited by metisdead
Font size reset to normal
  • Like 2

Truth in facts please:

FACTS:

• 2006 the police and army failed to follow the red elected executive branch of Thai government to quell the rioting yellows, and unmentionable members of the yellow establishment (unmentionable due to LM laws) sent directives that a coup was better than the elected government.
  • 2010 the police and army followed the yellow appointed (by mock election) executive branch to quell the riots when 90 Thais were killed and 200+ injured.
  • 2014 the red elected executive instructs its police and army to try to keep the peace .. peacefully.
  • And Thailand quakes today because the Thai people and the world know the Thai army and police powers are not used to protect the peace but to topple elected red governments because the yellows can’t win an election.

SUGGESTION:
Why can’t the yellows adopt rational plans to help Thai poor by implementing farm subsidies to the hard working farmers; sell the rice stocks at market price and suck-up the loss as the needed subsidy? In less corrupt nations, cash or tax credits are issued to the farmers directly. This would be a great platform for the yellows to adopt and then run on to win an election.

Why can’t the yellows adopt a rational plan to help the poor by allowing free or at cost medical care? This is done for the poor in less corrupt nations. This would be a great platform for the yellows to adopt and then run on to win an election.

TRUTH:
The answer is clear. In a sufficiency economy where 70% - 80% of the nation is poor, the poor are allowed to remain poor, to make do with what they have, and to not expect or seek more.

SARCASM AND TRUTH:
And the rich in a sufficiency economy are to be allowed to make do with what they have; to keep all the money earned by their employees’ toil, taking comfort that the profits from those enterprises will not be wasted on taxes used to help the nation grow by upgrading the greedy poor with scams such as farm subsidies and affordable medical care.

Wow, put this way, the yellows appear to be very much like the US Tea Party, except the Tea Party does not have control of the army and police powers.

Nice analysis of the issues. It is unfortunate that the royalists on this forum don't understand the basics of what you have written.

" Told to ' is a nice change from ' urged ' but unfortunately the army have no right to tell the police what to do and in this particular case i would think those who can tell the police what to do won't.

Ah, but they do. Or, put another way, if the army presses the point, the police will almost certainly comply. Besides, the police took it upon themselves to 'order' troops to applaud Yingluck recently, and they obviously had no authority in that instance.

Mind you, since the 'order' was apparently made over a PAS, I imagine Yingluck was a little embarrassed, and none-too-pleased.

khenken #102

How does this information you shared, relevant to what I shared on the insensitive statement made by the Army spokesperson that resulted in anxiety, fear and tension that the Army is not neutral? I don't live in Pathum Thani, but my cousins, friends live there and some in BKK and Chiangmei. I suggest you go down to ground zero and feel the pulse of the people. I don't depend entirely on news reports.

Are you a political representative of Thailand?

I answered your post(s) in which you claim to speak for the people of Pathum Thani. You don't apart from your relatives. I don't claim to represent anyone but myself.

If you are going to post crap that is second or third hand - that's you're problem. However you totally ignore the article I posted clearly showing Wuthipong as a thug looking for a fight which rather proves that it's not the red mob who are afraid but others who are afraid of the red mob.

I wonder if you believe red shirt propaganda is 'fact'?

How many relatives? I gave 3 examples. He shouldn't have put any relatives in important positions.

Where did I get the information? Most of it is common knowledge. http://www.asiasentinel.com/politics/thailands-messy-telecom-loan-to-burma-returns/

He changed the law and it DID benefit himself. Huge conflict of interest, particularly as PM and a major beneficiary of the change. It MAY have benefited others, but no one else sold huge chunks of their business days after the law changed.

You say that the Democrats changed the electoral laws to benefit themselves, but then it didn't benefit them. Maybe they didn't change it to benefit themselves. The change to single seat constituencies actually benefits the smaller parties.

Giving subsidies is normal politics. Did they allow the subsidies to go to middlemen instead of the intended recipient as is happening with the rice pledging scheme?

I don't just depend on media reports for information and not just on common sense.

How has Thaksin benefited hugely?

Again, Where did you get the information that the changing of law is so that he could increase foreign ownership allowances in telecom companies and then the next day sold his company? How did that connect can benefit him?

When you said the next day he sold his company, were you referring to Temasek?

Rice pledging scheme is not a subsidy. The government buy the rice from the farmers and should pay the farmers. Many subsidies do not go to rubber and oil palm farmers because they don't have land titles.

An unjust coup in 2006 started all this.

Had that not happened Thaksin would probably be retired in Chiang Mai now after being kicked out in an election a few years later.

<snip>

What's with this democratically elected thing? Using as a way to justify unbridled criminal activities.

Saddam Hussein was elected, Robert Mugabe was elected...jeez even Adolf Hilter was elected.

This does not make it their right to act the way they do.

People power and Democracy aren't always the same thing. When elections become a farce and criminals run the country in perpetuity, or at least try to (think Marcos, Ceausescu et al) Vladimir Putin has engineered a way to keep himself in the seat of real power in Russia whilst being democratically elected.

It is apparent that the people of Thailand (and please stop compartmentalising them as the yellow Bangkok elitists or Issaan ignorant red farmers, although it suits the typical Euro spin doctors to do this (many who I suspect are recently new members of this forum),) are becoming increasingly aware of the state of their country and where it could be headed under the current junta.

And they don't like it.

The demonstrations are there way of projecting this feeling.

Succinctly summed up.

Truth in facts please:

FACTS:

SUGGESTION:

TRUTH:

SARCASM AND TRUTH:

Because I havent got more time and the post is full of stupidity probably by someone who does not even reside in Thailand.

The Democrats had free healthcare (as the 30bt scheme fee was abolished) So it was even cheaper as now. The PTP wanted the 30 bt again because Taksins name was linked with it and thus 30bt was paid again. So Your facts are stupid.

• Like 1

I don't just depend on media reports for information and not just on common sense.

Again, Where did you get the information that the changing of law is so that he could increase foreign ownership allowances in telecom companies and then the next day sold his company? How did that connect can benefit him?

Rice pledging scheme is not a subsidy. The government buy the rice from the farmers and should pay the farmers. Many subsidies do not go to rubber and oil palm farmers because they don't have land titles.

There hasn't been a shred of common sense in any of your posts. Most posters with some intelligence use articles from newspapers, blogs, TV, and even Thaivisa before making or forming an opinion. You have'nt even got that far.

Now, go and use Google or similar to find out about Thaksin's Exim bank loan to Myanmar and how he changed the law to ease his selling of AIS to Singtel. It's all out there on the internet IF you want to find it. I suspect you don't want to see any evidence that you might not like.

You are just trolling.

Edited by khunken
  • Like 2

democratic dictator you mean! how come you've forgotten about her self exiled convicted brother who's running the country?

Where were you while Thaksin was using and amending laws to benefit himself - as he unquestionably did?

And where did you come up with the wonderful concept that the rice pledging scheme - which involves rice being bought, courtesy of the taxpayer (of which there will be a number of non-Thais), at some 40%? under market price - is not a subsidy? Unless you are being pedantic with words. Or would you prefer populism to subsidisation? The subsidies, pledges, however you want to describe them, aren't going to the rubber and palm farmers - at least, not anywhere near to the same extent - because they are in the south, hardly a PTP stronghold.

It is such a contradiction that Thailand who frequently posture as to being a civilized ,developed and stable nation with an abundance of national slogans proclaiming freedom, justice and equality for all should have such a pathetic, incompetent and inherently corrupt police force.. They are a disgrace to the image of this country and hold little or no respect from members of the population. To ask anyone to believe that the RTP , who are inundated with active members or the Red faction and whose leaders are Thaksin lackeys to peruse with diligence is an insult to all. Simply undisciplined ,unorganized and untrained rabble given credence by a government who neither cares or wishes to establish a police force that can and will actually enforce the law. Protect and serve is beyond their comprehension let alone their abilities..

The same and much worse is true about the army and its 18 coups.