Police told to take action against hardcore Red Shirt elements

webfact

The protests while not 100% peaceful have been relatively peaceful. Occupying streets and making idle threats is one thing. No one dies. However, these idiot red shirts want to escalate the situation by provoking fights and we know both sides have guns. With the cowardly bombings probably going to continue, it's only right that the army and police take action and not let things get worse.

Where is the evidence the reds are responsible for these attacks? seems like the yellow faction may be instigating these to get the army to intervene with a coup :/

Where is the evidence that the yellow faction is instigating these attacks? There are enough hot heads on both sides to account for the sporadic violence that has been occurring. The Feb 2 election will not solve anything, it will be like the one prior to the 2006 coup where there will be too many irregularities due to the protests and a lack of a credible alternative and the results will likely be swept away. Phamily Member Yingluck will likely lose her job over the rice "scheme" at some point in the not too distant future so don't expect a resolution of the current situation anytime soon. Despite the Army's inability to govern properly there may not be another option before too long.

Chad, please don't wish a military govt on Thailand. With one exception more than 20 years ago, their forays into leadership have been utterly pathetic: massive deficits, huge military spending to no good effect, terrible appointments of cronies, lickspittles , sycophants to key positions, monopolies granted to the "connected" , ludicrous policies in health and social welfare, nothing of consequence in economic development, brinkmanship foreign policies, inability to deal with insurgencies. Many well known families got a tremendous boost out of those years, the vast majority of Thailand suffered. The solution to these problem needs to come from politics, not military involvement. Be careful what you wish for. Those wishes have turned to nightmares in the past

Funny, it sounds like you are describing the Thaksin years.

• Like 1

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about taking action against the nutjob who said he would arrest the democratically elected Prime Minister and Cabinet Members?

Well said, my sentiments entirely after the protesters have been involved in so many illegal acts endangering the public and government officials

The protests while not 100% peaceful have been relatively peaceful. Occupying streets and making idle threats is one thing. No one dies. However, these idiot red shirts want to escalate the situation by provoking fights and we know both sides have guns. With the cowardly bombings probably going to continue, it's only right that the army and police take action and not let things get worse.

Where is the evidence the reds are responsible for these attacks? seems like the yellow faction may be instigating these to get the army to intervene with a coup :/

Where is the evidence that the yellow faction is instigating these attacks? There are enough hot heads on both sides to account for the sporadic violence that has been occurring. The Feb 2 election will not solve anything, it will be like the one prior to the 2006 coup where there will be too many irregularities due to the protests and a lack of a credible alternative and the results will likely be swept away. Phamily Member Yingluck will likely lose her job over the rice "scheme" at some point in the not too distant future so don't expect a resolution of the current situation anytime soon. Despite the Army's inability to govern properly there may not be another option before too long.
Chad, please don't wish a military govt on Thailand. With one exception more than 20 years ago, their forays into leadership have been utterly pathetic: massive deficits, huge military spending to no good effect, terrible appointments of cronies, lickspittles , sycophants to key positions, monopolies granted to the "connected" , ludicrous policies in health and social welfare, nothing of consequence in economic development, brinkmanship foreign policies, inability to deal with insurgencies. Many well known families got a tremendous boost out of those years, the vast majority of Thailand suffered. The solution to these problem needs to come from politics, not military involvement. Be careful what you wish for. Those wishes have turned to nightmares in the past

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the PTP.

• Like 1

Guess the Police Ignored what they were told about taking action against Red Shirts and about Stepping up Security.

They sure seem to have taken some actions against Protest Guards and a few incidents of weapons carried by Protesters, but they have not yet taken any action against persons perpetrating the Violence against the Protesters. They all get away and the Police's response is " I see Nothing .....Nothing!"

IMO: As in the past, if the Police and Government continue to Ignore and Not try to suppress the Violence; It will force the Military's Hand

Edited by KimoMax

How about taking action against the nutjob who said he would arrest the democratically elected Prime Minister and Cabinet Members?

Well said, my sentiments entirely after the protesters have been involved in so many illegal acts endangering the public and government officials

Two more "guards" of Suthep's "peaceful" protests caught by the police...

The proofs are accumulating against these crazy yellow thugs and their leader seeking violence.

post-12654-13901189195757_thumb.jpgpost-12654-1390118944823_thumb.jpgpost-12654-13901189669353_thumb.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Quite shocking really, you really would have thought the Army would be less obvious, but perhaps they are being obvious in order to show their hands are tied and they are being told to support the protestors ?

Students as part of the PDRC kill police officers and Army saying nothing and do nothing.

PDRC cut open locks, break down fences and gates and occupy government property and Army say nothing.

Students threaten to shut down air traffic control and Army say nothing.

Police use tear gas to stop protestors attacking government buildings and using picks ups and diggers to break down barriers, Army tells police not to use tear gas.

One leader of a faction of red shirts says they want to also protest in Bangkok, Army tells police to stop them.

So, it is obvious that the army is favoring one side

Wake up, the reds have ignighting fire to the political protest for years, making threats and carrying them out….

How is that any different than any other government of the past 20 years? LOL

There must be a reason that those who are intellectually challenged to such a degree that they cannot see the facts are all aligned to the faction rouge

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

perhaps both red and yellow have read the bush-cheney handbook on staging false flag operations?

As a Thai, I am totally fed up with all the red shirt rubbish on this forum, particularly those comments posted by those farangs who are sympathetic to the redshirt cause.

Who are the protesters? They are certainly not the bulk of the redshirt supporters, the majority of whom do not pay taxes, farmers for example. Some might do but the majority do not. The protesters under the PRDC are in the main Thai taxpayers of Thailand whose funds are being ripped off by this putrid government. As a taxpayer myself, I have absolutely had enough. Corruption has gone too far. In 1999, the rate of corruption in public works was between 5 to 7%. It has now become unsustainable. Since the start of the Thaksin regimes in 2001, the corruption rate in public works rose in 2001 to 15-20% while now it is between 35 to 40 %. No wonder we, the taxpayers of Thailand, are up in arms.

In addition, the Thai police have become an arm of the Thaksin family rather than a proper law enforcement agency. The are a joke and a disgrace to their profession. I understand from some friends who are participating in the protests that the PDRC do not trust the RTP and it is no wonder. They are totally incompetent.

While I do not agree with Khun Sutep's methods, I do believe that he might, just might, be the catalyst for change with the end result that my country may be able to return to some kind of normalcy. Most of us taxpayers really hope so.

• Like 2

As a Thai, I am totally fed up with all the red shirt rubbish on this forum, particularly those comments posted by those farangs who are sympathetic to the redshirt cause.

Who are the protesters? They are certainly not the bulk of the redshirt supporters, the majority of whom do not pay taxes, farmers for example. Some might do but the majority do not. The protesters under the PRDC are in the main Thai taxpayers of Thailand whose funds are being ripped off by this putrid government. As a taxpayer myself, I have absolutely had enough. Corruption has gone too far. In 1999, the rate of corruption in public works was between 5 to 7%. It has now become unsustainable. Since the start of the Thaksin regimes in 2001, the corruption rate in public works rose in 2001 to 15-20% while now it is between 35 to 40 %. No wonder we, the taxpayers of Thailand, are up in arms.

In addition, the Thai police have become an arm of the Thaksin family rather than a proper law enforcement agency. The are a joke and a disgrace to their profession. I understand from some friends who are participating in the protests that the PDRC do not trust the RTP and it is no wonder. They are totally incompetent.

While I do not agree with Khun Sutep's methods, I do believe that he might, just might, be the catalyst for change with the end result that my country may be able to return to some kind of normalcy. Most of us taxpayers really hope so.

Good post.

I don't see why the police should do anything against the people who are against Suthep and his yellow protesters.

The easiest solution is to clear the protesters, send most of them home, send the craziest to rehab, and send Suthep to prison.

If that is done then nobody will ever come to harass anyone and life will come back to normal.

Why blame honest people who want these protests to end?

So by your logic Abhisit and Suthep would have been justified in killing the red army in 2010.

Did you see the poll today? The vast majority want what Suthep is asking for. A reform council.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The BIBs take action over Red Shirts cheesy.gif ... I witnessed 12 BIBs siting 20 Meters away from 1 redshirt throwing Bricks at a tourist bus ( Tourists inside) .. They sat there 12 to 1 with their arms folded and where Laughing ..... Please no more jokes about the BiBs arresting one of thier own ....giggle.gif

Don't believe it, people can say anything they want without producing any evidence to support it. Idiots all!

No wait! Was it a Chinese tourist bus? Makes sense then.

I'm Farang and I'm totally 100% with you

Corruption affect some farang too in Thailand

I am a farang and what really puts me off is people looking down at other people, Thais or not...

Compared to a Burmese immigrant, the Isaan farmer is of a higher status.

Compared to you, the "Thai taxpayer", the Isaan farmer is of a lower status.

Compared to millions of people in Thailand and around the world you, the "Thai taxpayer" are a nobody worth nothing.

Humility is certainly something you could learn.

The red farmer feeds you... He deserves your respect and the government's attention.

• Like 1

Good post.

Have another look at the statistics. They show that Bangkok receives the huge majority of tax revenues, and the south receives well over its share.

By contrast, the northeast is the poorest area of Thailand and receives a tiny part of national tax revenues per capita. Also they have far fewer teachers and doctors per capita than you people in Bangkok.

So please spare us your sob stories about corruption and so on. You the Bangkok elite are making huge money on the backs of the Isaan and Lanna people, and it is you Bangkok elite who invented corruption. Come to think of it, where do your percentage corruption figures come from? Totally invented, I would say, unless you have a reliable source. What is your source for stating that they increased from 5% to 40%?

If you don't like "this putrid government", vote them out. Oh, sorry, you don't need to. Your Generals and amata judges will get them out anyway.

By the way, I am not surprised that farangs are "sympathetic to the redshirt cause". Probably farangs are much more objective than you Bangkok elite, who keep saying that the northern people are ignorant, stupid subhumans.

Well said. My first thought on reading the original quote is where the f... did this 'Thai taxpayer' and 'Thai national' (whose colloquial English is extraordinarily better than any Thai I have come across) get his stats?

While he may indeed pay taxes, he should thank his lucky stars that he is not locked into the poverty cycle that keeps so many Thais subservient and barely above a subsistence-level standard of living, and enables the elite and middle-class mainly urban minorities to live comfortably off their backs.

Increasing political awareness and a sense of the power such a large segment of Thai society could potentially wield is something that frightens the various elites.

Yes the Shinawatras should no longer be involved in Thai politics. Not least because of the damage they are doing to the working class cause by providing their opponents with the justification for opposing the government. But corruption, nepotism, general back-scratching are endemic in Thai society and the problem runs far deeper than Thaksin's clan. And it it reinforced by the barely-disguised contempt, even racist attitudes, we regularly see from Bangkok towards the Isan provinces in particular.

Try debating these issues with an 'educated' Thai taking part in the demos and see where it gets you. I have. Any questioning of the 'great' Suthep's motives and background usually results in a string of ad hominems, followed by them trotting out the line that I'm a ¿¤☆*ing farang, know nothing about Thailand, and should get the f*** out if I know what's good for me.

I can see little hope of the two sides reconciling their differences as things stand. Only increasingly polarised views as they continue to lap up their leaders' words in a sheeplike fashion, whichever cause they support.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I am a farang and what really puts me off is people looking down at other people, Thais or not...

Compared to a Burmese immigrant, the Isaan farmer is of a higher status.

Compared to you, the "Thai taxpayer", the Isaan farmer is of a lower status.

Compared to millions of people in Thailand and around the world you, the "Thai taxpayer" are a nobody worth nothing.

Humility is certainly something you could learn.

The red farmer feeds you... He deserves your respect and the government's attention.

Funny though, there are farmers now joining the PDRC in protesting against the Shinawatra regime. How does that fit in with the bullsh*t narrative that this is about rich urban elites vs. poor rural farmers?

This is about people who are fed up with the corrupt Shinawatra clan running things (including many poor farmers and members of the working class) and those who choose to ignore their many crimes because they think they will benefit (including some very wealthy business people).