Getting Thai Drivers license in Surin

DaleSanthi

Just wondering if anyone can give me ideas as to where and how I can obtain Thai drivers license, I will be bringing my Non O immigration visa and my Drivers license from my country also my passport, I have an address of my Thai Partner I can use but what other documents do I need before I go there? Do I need to get letter from my embassy whilst I am in Bangkok before I go to surin? any answers and where I go how long the process is would be great.. Thank you wait for some replies..

No3 on that link could have said " from your Embassy OR the local Immigration Office"

The Transport office is on the Surin to Prasat road, opposite the Army base and a 3 minute ride from the" Elephant roundabout".

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can I go to Australian embassy in Bangkok to get LOR? Just wondering because I can use address of my Thai Partners parents home, Is there just a form to fill out and give to embassy with address on it in Thailand? Then do they give me or will not give me LOR? ..

What about the Thai consulate in Australia where I live? Can they or allowed to issue a letter of residence? Just trying to find the way to get this Letter Of residence..

Thanks if any ideas?

I got a email from Thai consulate he said he can give me non o visa which should be good for Thai drivers license as my son was born in Thailand and my name is on his Thai birth certificate if anyone knows if that will work I think birth cert has address on it but I am going on Thai consulate said any information would be good if I can use Non o visa and my son's birth certificate as it does have my name on it. Thanks if I can get some information

I got a email from Thai consulate he said he can give me non o visa which should be good for Thai drivers license as my son was born in Thailand and my name is on his Thai birth certificate if anyone knows if that will work I think birth cert has address on it but I am going on Thai consulate said any information would be good if I can use Non o visa and my son's birth certificate as it does have my name on it. Thanks if I can get some information

No you need a physical address in Thailand verified by the Thai landlord for the cor.

Edited by khwaibah

No you need a physical address in Thailand verified by the Thai landlord for the cor.

If you are renting a house/apartment in Thailand and you need a letter of residence from the immigration office you need a copy of the rental contract with your name on it, copy of the blue book for the house which you are renting, copy of the landlords ID-card, copy of the blue book for the house where the landlord lives and some copies (different pages) of your passport with a non-immigrant visa. And two passport photos.

Edited by Norlund
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Australian embassy BKK said they can give me cert of residence for my Thai drivers license so I can take that medical report and other documents to transport department in during, my Thai Partner is her address I am using for cert of residence I think should be all good,let me know any other things I should know..

Australian embassy BKK said they can give me cert of residence for my Thai drivers license so I can take that medical report and other documents to transport department in during, my Thai Partner is her address I am using for cert of residence I think should be all good,let me know any other things I should know..

Are you applying with an O-visa?

Edited by khwaibah

Yes I will have a Non O visa from Thai consulate in Brisbane Australia , As my boy was born in Thailand and his birth certificates is what he said I need to get my Non O visa , Yesterday I got email from Australian consular in Bangkok, They told me to come in with my Thai partners address and as she has permanent residency in Australia as I told him they said come in with address and they can give me Certificate of residence , So could anyone tell me what else I should take to apply for my Thai drivers .. Things I will have Australian drivers license , international drivers license Non O visa, Certificate of residence from Australian Embassy, passport and I know I need medical certificate, any ideas where to get in Surin.. Thanks if I can get reply..

Any evening Doctor clinic in Surin will gladly furnish the medical certificate for a drivers license. ANY. There may be a 30 day validity of the certificate as far as the Land Transportation is concerned. Cost will be 30 baht to 100 baht. No need to go to a hospital. It is a standard form, and quite often the Doctor or his office staff will look at your passport to fill in the information they need. They MIGHT put a stethoscope to your chest, they might ask how you feel. It can take as short as two minutes or as long as five minutes. If you apply for BOTH your motorbike and your auto license at the same time, you need only ONE Medical certificate. Be sure you have at least one year left on your passport. The Australian Embassy will charge you a significant sum more than the local Thai Immigration office. They are very clear at both offices on what the form is for. To Obtain a driver license. Good luck

Ruamphet hospital surin

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Is not needed to get a 30b medical cert. Any clinic will do it as already stated.

Edited by DILLIGAD

Yes I will have a Non O visa from Thai consulate in Brisbane Australia , As my boy was born in Thailand and his birth certificates is what he said I need to get my Non O visa , Yesterday I got email from Australian consular in Bangkok, They told me to come in with my Thai partners address and as she has permanent residency in Australia as I told him they said come in with address and they can give me Certificate of residence , So could anyone tell me what else I should take to apply for my Thai drivers .. Things I will have Australian drivers license , international drivers license Non O visa, Certificate of residence from Australian Embassy, passport and I know I need medical certificate, any ideas where to get in Surin.. Thanks if I can get reply..

Will transport office in Surin need a certified translation of something produced by Ozzy Embassy???

Ruamphet hospital surin

Is not needed to get a 30b medical cert.

I know can get 10 baht from the village witch doctor I thought he maybe wants to splash out

• Like 1

For 500 baht I would take your G/F with her ID and house book and go down to Kap Choeng Immigration, 60 km south of Surin and get your letter from them. It will be in Thai.

• Like 1

For 500 baht I would take your G/F with her ID and house book and go down to Kap Choeng Immigration, 60 km south of Surin and get your letter from them. It will be in Thai.

That's what 99% of the people do around those parts. Only downside is it usually involves a stop in that crappy Cambodian market!

• Like 1

That's what 99% of the people do around those parts. Only downside is it usually involves a stop in that crappy Cambodian market!

Guaranteed..

• Like 1

If the girlfriend is the owner of the house you can do. BUT if she IS NOT you NEED to take the owner with you to the immigration office.

Yes my thai partner told me today that her house is in her name, so I may opt for the immigration down near the so called crappy market.. Well I havnt been there so will be good for a look,, Any ideas what are good times to go to Kap Choeng immi office .. Is it better in morning and then I could drive back surin hand them over my documents and all going well give me Thai drivers license, One more thing as my license in Australia is still current will they want me to take some sort of driving test or just answer some questions..

Yes my thai partner told me today that her house is in her name, so I may opt for the immigration down near the so called crappy market.. Well I havnt been there so will be good for a look,, Any ideas what are good times to go to Kap Choeng immi office .. Is it better in morning and then I could drive back surin hand them over my documents and all going well give me Thai drivers license, One more thing as my license in Australia is still current will they want me to take some sort of driving test or just answer some questions..

Kap Choeng Immigration hours are 8;30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday threw Friday. Closed on weekends. General rule of thumb is not on a Monday or Friday or the day before or after a holiday.Short of that no guaranty. I have seem the IO's sleeping at their desk and the office empty then again I have seen 30 farangs inside at 4:15 and they stayed and processed all well pass 5: 30pm. Basically go early. As for a driving test. I have seen no resent reports on Surin, Prasat or Sangkha LTD's BUT I'm aware of 2 LTDs over in Buriram Provence making you do the full monty.So you can be be our reporter on Surin LTD.

If I go to Kap Choeng Immi to get cert of residence will do that the same day? Just wondering as I most likely get down there in morning and go back to Surin and Get D/L from them.. Is the license test the whole deal ! like do I have to do driving test and all the examinations,or show them Australian drivers license and all other documents I need for them? Thanks

If I go to Kap Choeng Immi to get cert of residence will do that the same day? Just wondering as I most likely get down there in morning and go back to Surin and Get D/L from them.. Is the license test the whole deal ! like do I have to do driving test and all the examinations,or show them Australian drivers license and all other documents I need for them? Thanks

Re read my above post. The minimum you will do is a reflex test. dept perception test color test and set threw a

Three Stooges safety movie in Thai. But they could throw the full monty at you as I have said. The written test is in Thai. Normally they let your gf set in with you.

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading that I need signed copies of main photo page of passport, signed copy of current visa , and signed copy of latest entry stamp... Now do I sign those copies? also read that you don't need passport photos anymore?

Just when I read different web sites different reports,

I just read another snippet saying along with all those signed documents above I mentioned also a the T M card , excuse me what is a T M card ? I know I have to get medical certificate bring my drivers license from Australia and international license plus cert of residence with my signed docs of passport , non o visa and last entry stamp, so I will sign those signed docs or do I need to go to aus embassy , Thanks don't want to miss one thing for my license..

You sign copies and TM form is probably the slip (TM47) that would be stapled inside your passport IF you do 90 day reports to immigration when living in Thailand.

I just read another snippet saying along with all those signed documents above I mentioned also a the T M card , excuse me what is a T M card ? I know I have to get medical certificate bring my drivers license from Australia and international license plus cert of residence with my signed docs of passport , non o visa and last entry stamp, so I will sign those signed docs or do I need to go to aus embassy , Thanks don't want to miss one thing for my license..

Your probably thanking of your TM-6 (arrival departure card) that should be stapled in your passport. The part stapled in your passport should say departure. A copie of this card is always asked for.

Edited by khwaibah