Honda CRF 250 L best price

Eddie01

Hi TV members I'm looking to purchase this bike new as a work commuter and looking for the best deal in the Pattaya area. I don't want a jacked up farang price but just a fair deal.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Best price i found year and half ago is the Honda shop as you go up Central rd take the small left onto Sukumvit.. I paid 135k all in at the time whereas other dealers varied from 5-15k more expensive....prices may have gone up since ?

They have one in stock at the moment but if you are just doing commuting the M might be a better choice ?... i'm picking up some parts there tomorrow so can check.

Edited by dec

Cheers Dec

I went for a ride today and most shops were closed but the honda shop opposite big C on Pattaya central road had a list price in the book of 130k. They said the dealer beside honda big wing on sukumvit road between Pattaya central road and Pattaya south road have stock. I plan on heading off-road when I can find the time so I think the L would suit my needs.

Thanks again for the reply.

A motard wouldnt suit me as I want to go off road when I can. The L will be the best compromise. Haven't made it to a Kawasaki dealer yet but I have seen somewhere on the net that the klx is a lot more expensive. If anyone knows the klx 250 retail price let me know as I won't get a chance to go looking again until Saturday.

Cheers.

Just been to that shop i mentioned and price is still 135K , registration included...some shops won't quote this until you ask them so i think this is a pretty good price.... the M model is 141k there

The D-tracker was over 150 K as far as i can remember.

Why do folks go for the 'M'? The 'L' will do anything the 'M' can but the 'M' won't do everything the 'L' can.

or why not buying a set of street tires for l or vice versa off road tires if you have m?

i recently did the L to M conversion with Honda parts...cost about 25 K with fully interchangeable set ..(disks/bolts/after-market sprockets/tires/tubes)....the M front disk is about 3k more expensive than the L as its floating type opposed to a fixed type.

whilst i've never any complaints with the L on the road, the M is definitely better, bit more confidence with the tires and it feels like a smaller bike as the front is lower.. main reason for changing it, was to get on Bira Go Kart track but its booked out for next week so will put the L wheels back on tomorrow as i plan to do some off-roading ... which is mega fun biggrin.png

i recently did the L to M conversion with Honda parts...cost about 25 K with fully interchangeable set ..(disks/bolts/after-market sprockets/tires/tubes)....the M front disk is about 3k more expensive than the L as its floating type opposed to a fixed type.

whilst i've never any complaints with the L on the road, the M is definitely better, bit more confidence with the tires and it feels like a smaller bike as the front is lower.. main reason for changing it, was to get on Bira Go Kart track but its booked out for next week so will put the L wheels back on tomorrow as i plan to do some off-roading ... which is mega fun biggrin.png

I was riding past bira a few weeks ago and they had some motard championship meeting going on and looked like good fun. Do you plan to race or just going for a track day. Also any tips on decent off road areas around Pattaya. Cheers.

I was riding past bira a few weeks ago and they had some motard championship meeting going on and looked like good fun. Do you plan to race or just going for a track day. Also any tips on decent off road areas around Pattaya. Cheers.

no, just wanted to give it a go with the Motard wheels as i've never done it !

There are loads of place to off-road around Pattaya.... one place to start is go up Siam Country rd, directly across the entry to Marpachan lake there is a dirt road which has a good few options to take once you go up there, ignore the second left as its pretty tricky route... you can also go into the Marpachan entry and there are some trails through the woods and there is a small motor cross track at the other side of the lake....

no, just wanted to give it a go with the Motard wheels as i've never done it !

There are loads of place to off-road around Pattaya.... one place to start is go up Siam Country rd, directly across the entry to Marpachan lake there is a dirt road which has a good few options to take once you go up there, ignore the second left as its pretty tricky route... you can also go into the Marpachan entry and there are some trails through the woods and there is a small motor cross track at the other side of the lake....

Cheers Dec I'll be sure go check them out when I get my new bike.

Was told ฿132,000 all in for the 250 L yesterday from the Honda dealer on soi Phrakhanong, BKK. I bought a SH150 from them a few months ago so know their quoted prices contain no hidden extras.

They sell the M for 6K more. I'm trying to decide between the two. Ideally I want the M with dual purpose tyres but have been unsuccessful in locating any in Thailand in the 110/70, 130/70 17" sizes for the M. Anyone found any?