Port my AIS number to dtac, How?

Namplik

A few weeks back I went into a local dtac store and asked them if it was possible to port/allocate my AIS number to dtac. Yes the lady said, but you have to do it online on the dtac website and come back 7 days later.

Is this really the way to go?? I cannot find any way to do this on their website?

Cannot the dtac shop do this themselves? And how long does it take to port the number? Are we talking about days? Or can they do this when I`m waiting in the shop?

I have had the same number from AIS for the last 6-7 years so I really want to keep it.

Got this answer from their customer support:

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your interest in our service. According to your inquiry about number portability,

please kindly be advised the details as below;

1. You need to activate your number with current provider not less than 90 days and already registered your

sim card under your name.

2. If your number is postpaid, you need to clear all usage amounts with your current provider.

After you clear all expense with your current provider, please contact dtac hall or dtac center with your same

document as you have used once you registered with your current provider and the number will be transferred to

dtac within 3 days.

In addition to the advice given by DTAC, be sure your name and documentation (probably passport number) are up to date in the AIS computer. When DTAC goes to take control of your account, if the passport number and/or name you provided to DTAC do not make an exact match with what the AIS computer has, the process can (probably will) fail.

Got a new micro simcard from AIS in November I think it was and showed them my passport then so it should be up to date.

Just wonder why did that first dtac shop gave me the wrong information, but maybe not "This is Thailand"