Beef wellington

lynchee

Great Britain has a lot of good dishes and so does the U.S. They both have their fair share of tasteless crap too. Arguing about who is better or worse is pretty pointless.

The bit about "Tex Mex is better than anything a uk resident could make" tickled me, as I would imagine there's more than one Tex-Mex expert who happens to be a UK resident.

biggrin.png

Just about everyone has UK ancestors--a recent 'news' article pointed out all the 'SuperStars' with historical ancestral relations to well-known UK Royalty; although some of the connections were in the 14th/15th Centuries, so just a little tenuous.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands up I made the Beef Wellington I spoke of earlier, for the record at a flat owned by my then gf Manon Millington-Drake at Onslow court in Drayton Gdns London (my witness).

I'm guessing I did it straight from the book, and we even wrote a friend's name on top luckily only four letters it was for his birthday dinner we threw.

A quality fillet and good duck pate.

Perhaps more by luck than judgement it came out perfectly the meat and pastry just right.

BTW one of our regular eateries back in the day was The Hungry Horse in the Fulham Rd near Finches.

Excellent English food including I remember Prince of Wales leek soup which came in a big silver tureen.

Oh and a magnificently moorish treacle tart lovely and chewy with a thin pastry lattice on top cream and custard of course.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by cheeryble
  • Like 1

Be nice to know if the OP ever found a Beef Wellington....

Gt my doubts.

The OP sounds as though he thinks he would like to order a couple of slices.

My guess is this is not possible and you have to order the whole thing which is a whole fillet, or at least a substantial part of one.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app