Samui: Property of the day fun thread

(Hi, hope not to get into any trouble posting this thread.)

Does anybody besides me click the links on TV: Property of the day?

Check this link!:

Mein GOTT! Now that is a house!
I'd sale you my wife for that house. Well, maybe I wouldn't really do that. Perhaps if she were my gf.
Post your fav Samui house from "Property of the Day!
(if the mods make it so, that is)

Seems like a very hobbitable home... wink.png

You caught me there, I found it by googling hobbit homes tongue.png I'm not so sure about living underground, but I absolutely love simplicity, round shapes and all-natural materials, plus the less stuff, the better. A sort of a Bagend-meets-Japan moderate asceticism smile.png Wish they had houses like that here - though simple Thai-style wooden bungalows such as the one I live in now aren't bad, either. Just a bit too square laugh.png

Edited by AngThong

I'd prefer a bit of luxury, AT.

Such as this hi-rise chalet with widely overhanging eaves, majestic apex roof, exquisitely designed gravity-fed toilet, state-of-the-art active-to-ground electrical power, undercover parking, and manicured gardens. Helipad optional. Designed by widely known and acclaimed architectural designer Somchai Samphan Kaloom.

Easy man, easy. In hard times like these, images of such decadent debauchery can quickly make the blood boil in many a hard-working family man's veins.

Edited by AngThong
  • Like 1

Got some pictures somewhere of a 6 bedroom fully staffed villa in Lipa Noi. It's on 6 rai of land and is stunning. Spa, gym you name it. US$35k a week and that's mates rates!

That's 60 million Baht per year... Even if this were to be true, I can't imagine too many "mates" lining up for it.

Well spotted MM.

No steep hills for the view they wrote.

Correct (maybe) but check out the stairs!

AND - great for plane spotters. You will be able to recognise every pilot on Bandit Airways as they zoom past your window.

I would be interested, but did you see the artwork? No way I would want those paintings on my wall.

Well spotted MM.

No steep hills for the view they wrote.

Correct (maybe) but check out the stairs!

AND - great for plane spotters. You will be able to recognise every pilot on Bandit Airways as they zoom past your window.

I would be interested, but did you see the artwork? No way I would want those paintings on my wall.

I agree, bad location.

I also noticed the first pic seem Photochopped with more coconut trees air brushed in.........

But still like the design. I wouldn't pay that much for it, but I still like it.

A lot better than the 50 sq meters I've got myself stuck in.

^ agree... Jose.... the original post photo are phony as a $3.00 bill! ....Anyone buying an incomplete building would be nuts! (and not just here in Thailand! )

I think Angthongs "villa" would be a bit bad too open for mosquitoes! w00t.gif ^tongue.png

Here is my find! ... a bit like tenting or something you'd find in snow areas! (back roads of Maenam)...

IMG_0248.JPG

• Like 1

Got some pictures somewhere of a 6 bedroom fully staffed villa in Lipa Noi. It's on 6 rai of land and is stunning. Spa, gym you name it. US$35k a week and that's mates rates!

That's 60 million Baht per year... Even if this were to be true, I can't imagine too many "mates" lining up for it.

When the lady who owns it said 5k (US) a day I wrote back thinking she must have made a mistake and that was the price per week, nope, per day.

Have a few old friends coming over for Songkran so was looking for a place where we could all shack up together. All professional couples with good jobs but a bit too pricey even then.

^ agree... Jose.... the original post photo are phony as a $3.00 bill! ....Anyone buying an incomplete building would be nuts! (and not just here in Thailand! )

I think Angthongs "villa" would be a bit bad too open for mosquitoes! w00t.gif ^tongue.png

Here is my find! ... a bit like tenting or something you'd find in snow areas! (back roads of Maenam)...

IMG_0248.JPG

You found MantisMan's 50 sqmtr house no wonder he's looking for a new place.

• Like 2

You found MantisMan's 50 sqmtr house no wonder he's looking for a new place.

Down your neck of the jungle, John, I thought it was your place! tongue.pngwhistling.gif