• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have a look at this guy!

1512455_676479835737095_925316676_n.jpg

He have been arrested in the past and is a guard at "Koo Tee" red shirt!

As he already have been arrested, the police should have his DNA!

It would not be difficult to compare it with the DNA recovered on his black cap lost when he was chased after the bombing!!!

Does the RTP now take DNA samples from all they arrest now?

I'm impressed if they do

Then it should be really easy to confirm if he is the Navy man, since he was arrested a few days ago.

Now, why anyone would use a man that has already been connected to the anti-government protest in a daylight attack? They wouldn't be that stupid, would they?

• Like 1

Thai's like to say, 'Love Thailand, love Thai people' something like that anyway but from this oh-so-proud nation, we really do have some oh-so-nasty, oh-so-violent, stupid individuals.

Nice of the p***k in the picture to show his face anyhow. Enjoy your long stay in the monkey house, coward!

Police publicise photos of Victory Monument bombing suspect
By Digital Content

1390185762789.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 20 -- National Police Bureau has publicised the photos of a suspect in Sunday's grenade attack at the Victory Monument protest site on Sunday, wounding almost 30 people.

National Police Office deputy commissioner Pol Gen Ake Angsananond said the photos were from CCTV footage at a Victory Monument coffee shop near the rally site of the the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

The suspect in the footage was about 30 years old, wearing a black baseball cap, jacket, white trousers and was carrying a black bag.

In one photo, he was drawing his right arm back, preparing to throw a grenade.

The grenade he threw hit a coffee shop roof and fell two metres from him, near the reporters' tent. The explosion injured 28 persons including one journalist from Post Today newspaper.

Another photo showed the suspect walking away from the scene before throwing another bomb near Rajavithi Hospital to open way to escape.

There were scores of people were wounded at the second blast.

Gen Ake said that the investigators publicise the photos to let the public help give information to police.

He added that the explosive device the bomber used was a GRD 5, the same type used at Banthat Thong on Friday that killed one protester and wounded 38 people.

In related incidents, at around 10.40, a volunteer guard of the Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT), an ally protest group of PDRC, was wounded in the chest by a gun shot at Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge on Ratchadamnoen Avenue.

Identified as Sitthichai Maliwan, 27, the guard was taken to Vajira Hospital, he returned home after treatment.

Meanwhile, an assailant on a motorbike shot at PRDC guards at the Government Complex at Chaeng Wattana Road but missed the target but hit an electrical post near the barrier. There was no report of injuries. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-20

My first impression is he's military. Squared away hair cut and apparel. Hard to tell from only 3 still frames, but maybe some ex-forces guys would comment on his body form/posture. To me, it looks practiced and measured, not like some hooligan winding up to throw a beer bottle.

With that arm motion? He throws like a girl.

• Like 1

Jonathan Head is well known as a reporter who is not independently and impartially reporting the news, as he should. This guy is on Thaksin's side, he is not a reporter he is propagandist. He associates exclusively with Thaksin's supporters and mocks those who propose alternative views to the ruling Government's. We all saw how this creature behaved during 2010.

You forgot to mention that Thaksin is paying Jonathan Head 500 baht a day.

He's much cheaper than that.

Rachel Harvey is another dimwit.

While the stage was calling for burn Siriraj Hospital, burn muslim mosques, burn bangkok malls etc. She was reporting just a big party.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My first impression is he's military. Squared away hair cut and apparel. Hard to tell from only 3 still frames, but maybe some ex-forces guys would comment on his body form/posture. To me, it looks practiced and measured, not like some hooligan winding up to throw a beer bottle.

Maybe he is maybe he is not.. the throw is strange but does not say much.

But even if he is army / police / navy it still is not conclusive proof. Army has his red shirts, police will have yellow shirts too / navy will have redshirts too.

They need to catch him and he needs to spill his guts and find some proof.

As i said before the government got everything to win to prove this guy is from the Anti government side.. if they can its the end of Suthep. So let them do their work they are motiviated to find the guy. If he is not found its safe to say he was not anti government because with proof like this and resources they have its a matter of time to catch him. If he isnt caught its because the government doe not want him to be caught.

The last hope for Suthep is for the army to stage a coup, only way to acheive this is to increase the violence.

Expect to see more of this in the coming days and weeks before the election.

Suthep has proven in the past he is more than willing to sacrifice his own people.

Sooner this loonatic is locked up the better.

Boxclever's response does not sound too clever - even for a lunatic (note). Try this as an alternative possibility:

one day before the first grenade attack, the red shirt enforcers (acting on behalf of Thaksin's wider movement) quite clearly stated that they were stockpiling weapons in Bangkok and preparing violent campaigns against the Suthep protesters. Their statement removed any possible doubt as to who is behind these attacks. Additionally, the Thaksin/Yingluck regime is trying to impose emergency laws across Bangkok, and in Thaksin's proven style he's using its own terror campaign as a pretext. You understand that such laws would make the protests, and any gathering of more than a few people, illegal and thus open the door to more overt and extreme measures. It is a scenario that cannot be discounted even by the most prejudiced of Thaksin's supporters (moles?) on this site.

[My bolding]. Lord, I hope you never end up on a jury if that's your idea of 'beyond a doubt'....

Please note: When I posted this statement I said "Try this an alternative possibility:"

It was something for the dullheads here to consider.

This whole complicated protest situation isn't helped by some of the reporting.

In the other newspaper today the police are quoted as saying that grenades were thrown by someone mingling with the crowd and not from height.

However the BBC's Johnathan ' Dick ' Head quotes the police as saying the grenade thrower was one of the protesters ' own ' which completely changes the story.

Which of these reports is most accurate is beyond me and it's not the first time the authorities have made different statements to the media so did the other newspaper ignore a vital point or did Head add something in ? Just because someone is in a crowd doesn't have to mean they are a supporter as it's easy to mingle unless you are dressed completely in red and carrying a placard saying " I support the government ".

It suits Suthep to accuse the government and / or their supporters of responsibility whereas it suits others, many on this forum, to believe it's deliberate self-inflicted injury to increase sympathy and support.

Personally i would settle for the truth warts and all in order to get my head around what's really happening.

Jonathan Head is well known as a reporter who is not independently and impartially reporting the news, as he should. This guy is on Thaksin's side, he is not a reporter he is propagandist. He associates exclusively with Thaksin's supporters and mocks those who propose alternative views to the ruling Government's. We all saw how this creature behaved during 2010.

Prove please!

And again: voices in ones head do not count as prove!

I think you mean 'do not count as proof'?

And for the life of me I do not understand what 'voices in ones (sic) head' means!

Perhaps you would care to elucidate?

Meanwhile:::

The BBC's Jonathan Head, in a recent live debate, revealed what he really knows and what his reporting seems to willfully omit. It is clear from this debate that does not disagree with the truth (I am told that he indeed has a very good understanding of the real political situation) But it is clear from all of his reportage (and I speak as a former journalist) that he chooses to spin a yarn that leads unsuspecting readers away from that truth. I would like to know why. And those that disagree should revisit his work and look through the cracks. Reportage should be about unbiased telling of FACTS. I am outraged that Head is unable, unwilling or for some other reason does not do this.

That's interesting. Did you see the debate? Was it on the Beeb? I'd like to see it, please point me in the right direction!

Its actually quite simple there are good photographs and evidence. The government would move heaven and earth to catch this guy if he is on the payroll of Suthep as it would break the movement. If he is not he won't be arrested so just lets give the government some reasonable time to do their job and if they don't catch him it should be proof enough for us who use our brains.

If it was Suthep I would condemn him and all who planned it with him, not that I think that much of him now but I do think a lot of the movement the normal people trying to oust a corrupt government and bring in stronger anti corruption laws. Lets just hope that they are not used to bring in an other corrupt government. If so I would be against them.

I am not like many reds who say we know our government is corrupt and inept but we support them anyway. Sensible people would see that there is an chance now for real change. Suthep is not going to be able to fool all the anti government protesters like Taksin is fooling the farmers by making sure the rice scheme is plundered by his minions and forgot to leave enough money for the farmers.

Very good logic in your first paragraph Rob. The caretaker government and all its law enforcement agencies have good photographs. They should move quickly to identify and arrest this criminal. Failure to do so, or the usual half baked silly excuses, will suggest a different reason. If he really is linked to the protest movement then this would be a major incentive for them. If he is a red shirt or PTP supporter, or hired thug, then their inaction will tell everyone how it is.

Let's see where this goes.

• Like 1

I support Suthep because I am against corruption!

Irony! Brilliant!

Could you tell me who wanted to kill 25.000 corruption cases and whose movement stopped that...

Could you tell me of what cases of corruption Suthep has been convicted and the real leader of the PTP (Taksins thinks PTP does) ?

After carefully answering this i would not call it irony.

I support Suthep too because I am against corruption.

If he get in power (not his intention) and is proven to be corrupt he must go like any other corrupt official. At the moment we got a government that is incompetent and utterly corrupt.. fake G2G deals.. wanting to kill 26.0000 corruption cases.. having MP's lying in court about voting and proven to ly but no action is taken.

Seems like any change is a good change.. then IF Suthep does the same thing kick him out and rinse and repeat till we get someone who is not corrupt however long it may take. Just giving up and allowing it is insanity.

• Like 1

Question: If the police are regularly lambasted as unprofessional, despite having attended a mandatory 1 year training course at one of the 10 provincial training centers or the big school in Bangkok, why are the PDRC hired hands aka "guards" held up as reliable professionals? These "guards" were probably sitting around scratching their <deleted> before they were hired on and yet folks consider them reliable and honest.

Go figger.

In the other newspaper today the police are quoted as saying that grenades were thrown by someone mingling with the crowd and not from height.

However the BBC's Johnathan ' Dick ' Head quotes the police as saying the grenade thrower was one of the protesters ' own ' which completely changes the story.

Which of these reports is most accurate is beyond me and it's not the first time the authorities have made different statements to the media so did the other newspaper ignore a vital point or did Head add something in ? Just because someone is in a crowd doesn't have to mean they are a supporter as it's easy to mingle unless you are dressed completely in red and carrying a placard saying " I support the government ".

It suits Suthep to accuse the government and / or their supporters of responsibility whereas it suits others, many on this forum, to believe it's deliberate self-inflicted injury to increase sympathy and support.

Personally i would settle for the truth warts and all in order to get my head around what's really happening.

Prove please!

And for the life of me I do not understand what 'voices in ones (sic) head' means!

The BBC's Jonathan Head, in a recent live debate, revealed what he really knows and what his reporting seems to willfully omit. It is clear from this debate that does not disagree with the truth (I am told that he indeed has a very good understanding of the real political situation) But it is clear from all of his reportage (and I speak as a former journalist) that he chooses to spin a yarn that leads unsuspecting readers away from that truth. I would like to know why. And those that disagree should revisit his work and look through the cracks. Reportage should be about unbiased telling of FACTS. I am outraged that Head is unable, unwilling or for some other reason does not do this.

Another name comes to mind from 2010 Rachael Harvey Of the BBC, she was very bad with her version of the military action. Her stance was that the red shirts were peaceful and there to get equal rites for the poor farmer--Total BU## S##T

• Like 1

Prove please!

well you're scared to say why reporters canNOT detail 'the real political' situation. me TOO!

Question: If the police are regularly lambasted as unprofessional, despite having attended a mandatory 1 year training course at one of the 10 provincial training centers or the big school in Bangkok, why are the PDRC hired hands aka "guards" held up as reliable professionals? These "guards" were probably sitting around scratching their <deleted> before they were hired on and yet folks consider them reliable and honest.

Go figger.

Could well be EX policemen, you go figger. For all you know they could well be better at protecting than the BIB, we had experience of how the BIB performed in 2010.

Keep it unbiased, tell the full facts. My post is not making up stories, your post is about what you want to think.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 2

Go figger.

Oh kid.. you are smarter as that.

Police is a totally corrupt entity not based on merits. (though there must be some good and smart cops honest ones maybe too)

If i were to hire guards to guard me id make sure I hire people who know the job.

That said.. i do seem to recall some reports where guards beat up some people to be stopped by Suthep. Not sure if that was propaganda or not (him stopping it) but if not it seems that the guards are checked well.

But without having seen resumes from either side i can't really judge.

Go figger.

want funny? the Naver Line pictures of my brother in laws from South showed them driving to BKK together. one a police sent to BKK for anti protest duty, the other is factory owner who was going to protest. for them it's all about [the partying] and I have the great memories to prove it. just wish I could have been there for those great Thai only clubs they take me to,

Those are pretty good photos. I would think that if a reward is posted, somebody will come forward to identify this character.

Yawn. Yesterday's news. Learn to read Thai. The Thai newspapers are all over this. He is a former Navy Seal employed by Suthep. There's absolutely no mystery here. Suthep is injuring and killing his own people in an attempt to stir up unrest and get the army to undertake a coup.

Where is the proof, talk is cheap..

i would not at all be surprised if an explosive device or a sniper will take out suthep

The sooner the better, and let ordinary Bangkok people get on with their business and livelihood. If someone leads protesters in illegal shut downs causing peoples deaths, they deserve to die, same applies to the other side also. Let the government run the country, if you don't like it then vote them out. We have to accept that no matter who is running the country, there will be corruption. It's the way it has always been here.

and in following report...

"The grenade he threw hit a coffee shop roof and fell two metres from him,"

cheesy.gif

Thailands finest military trained Seals...trained in the finest camouflage techniques.

Are you sure you aren't talking about Nick Nostitz? These allegations of Head consorting only with Red Shirts are nonsense... what are you basing them on? I know Jonathan Head personally and I can assure you he is not a Red or Thaksin supporter (neither is he a supporter of the yellows, by the way... like most of us with any common sense, it isn't hard to recognize two opposing forces of vested interests).

Police said they know the identity of attacker in yesterday’s explosions

218736-imagejpeg-334963-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The police said today that they now know the identity of the man who hurled two hand grenades at anti-government protests at the Victory Monument yesterday.

They said video footages of the attacker were recovered from several CCTV cameras in the area and along his escape route. He was shown clearly at a video footage hurling the hand grenade to behind the stage of the protesters at Victory Monument.

A core leader of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) Thavorn Senniem was sitting there with other leaders.

The first grenade was thrown with intent on the life of the PDRC leader.

The grenade missed the target after it hit a tree branch and fell into where a group of journalists were sitting. One Post Today’s female reporter was injured.

The second grenade was thrown by the same man as he tried to stop the PDRC guards from chasing him after he was spotted hurling the grenade to behind the stage. The second explosion injured more than 25 protesters.

The man, Thavorn, also a former Songkhla MP of the Democrat party, clad in white T-shirt and jacket, and wore a cap, alsoopened fire at a guard who tried to capture him.

The guard was seriously injured.

The attacker fled in a motorcycle taxi driver.

The police said the attacker hired the motorcycle taxi driver to a Soi on Charansanitwong road.

The two grenades were the same type of either the Russian or Chinese made grenade used for attack on protesters on Bantadthong on Saturday, and also the same types as found from four suspects detained at Bang Na police station on the night when Abhisit Vejjajiva was attacked with a hand grenade.

But the police said the grenade at Abhisit house was a M 26 hand grenade, which is different type of grenades found in the possession of four suspects arrested at a road checkpoint in Bang Na. They are Russian made grenades, police earlier said.

Meanwhile video footage of the bomb attacker was widely shared on the social network today along with the picture of a former driver of the deceased Maj-Gen Kattiya Sawasdipol or Seh Daeng. The driver was said to resemble the bomb attacker at the Victory Monument yesterday. Maj-Gen Kattiya was killed by a sniper while giving press interview at Lumpini park.

The former driver, identified as Lance Corporal Rachata Wongyod, was among the prisoners imprisoned on riot charge during the 2010 riot. He was questioned in the social network of why he was released from prison.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-said-know-identity-attacker-yesterdays-explosions/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-20

Have a look at this guy!

1512455_676479835737095_925316676_n.jpg

He have been arrested in the past and is a guard at "Koo Tee" red shirt!

As he already have been arrested, the police should have his DNA!

It would not be difficult to compare it with the DNA recovered on his black cap lost when he was chased after the bombing!!!

No, the nose is completely different.

I have to agree.. but i cant determine if that is because of the bad quality in the pictures the mouth is real similar (not sure if they did work on that) Just like the other guy that is not it. I would love to know who it is and with me everyone on Thaivisa.

I have been trying to figure out if it is poor quality photos or a poor attempt at photo shopping, can`t make up my mind to be sure 1 way or the other.