Toyota press conference today

bazmlb

post-4090-0-70829800-1390213855_thumb.jp

Toyota Thailand will increase showrooms from 390 to 450 in 2014, the domestic sales forecast for 2014 is expected to reach 1,150,000 vehicles - down 13.6% from 2013 (1,330,668 units)

They are also considering an additional plant in Bang Po within the next 2-3 years.

Toyota is still reviewing participation at Eco Car Phase II. Decisions will be made in March.

post-4090-0-00747300-1390213870_thumb.jp

Prof. Dr. Alexander Paufler, Dr. Roger Moser and Ulirich Kaiser @ Toyota Press Conference
Photos by Ulrich Kaiser - Thai Autobook

teba.jpg
-- TEBA (Thai European Business Association) 2014-1-20

Makes no difference to me, don t own a Toyota and have no plans to do so...

Appears odd ? they expect to sell 13.6% less Toyotas this year, but will add another 60 showrooms.......... why do they need even more showrooms to sell less cars ?

• Like 1

Toyota is forecasting an average of 900 units/month/dealer in the expanded network - which as a franchisee still makes for a very attractive business proposal.

I'm sure there many provincial dealers (even BKK ones) of other brands that could only dream of sales volumes like this...

Toyota is forecasting an average of 900 units/month/dealer in the expanded network - which as a franchisee still makes for a very attractive business proposal.

I'm sure there many provincial dealers (even BKK ones) of other brands that could only dream of sales volumes like this...

Hope this forecast is wrong or there is there a typo somewhere? 450 dealers selling an average of 900 cars/dealer/month = 4.9M new Thai Toyotas per year. Perish the thought. Sound more like a nightmare than a dream. w00t.gif

Should that be 900 cars/dealer/year?

Edited by Jitar

Hope this forecast is wrong or there is there a typo somewhere? 450 dealers selling an average of 900 cars/dealer/month = 4.9M new Thai Toyotas per year. Perish the thought. Sound more like a nightmare than a dream. w00t.gif

Should that be 900 cars/dealer/year?

Sorry, divide by 10 - I added a typo zero :(

90/cars/mth/dealer

That's about double what the official Audi importer sells in a year :)