Update of Closures around Samui.

Rooo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to Maenam post office today Wednesday the postmen are delivering mail just the front of house not open I asked them when full service would resume and they just shrugged there shoulder the staff who work in the front were just sitting there so they will still be getting paid I managed to pick up my mail as they do not like coming up the hill to my house for some reason.

My visa runs out on the 2nd of Feb, I can send someone to extend it for me (have a paper from the doctor). I suppose now is not the time since Immigration will be closed? I wonder what will happen if they don't re-open before Feb... They can hardly blame me for overstaying, I can't walk until another 4 weeks or so.

I had an accident and was in hospital for a month here in Mae Sot. My visa expired while I was semi-conscious and I went to take care of it as soon as I got out of the hospital. They were not sympathetic at all and charged me the full fine and stamped as overstay. Do not depend on any sympathy. If you have a friend to help, use them. smile.png

Was your immigration office closed throughout your hospitalisation?

Did your hospital or a reliable 3rd party try to do it for you before you became overstayed?

Did you present documentary evidence to support your late request?

If the answer is 'no' to any of the above your reply is of little help to this thread.

Edited by evadgib

Tot bohput closed I mean near traffic lights

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I bumped in to the manager of TOT earlier in Lamai, he told me they will open again on Monday.

When they turn up Monday dismiss or sack the lot.

My visa runs out on the 2nd of Feb, I can send someone to extend it for me (have a paper from the doctor). I suppose now is not the time since Immigration will be closed? I wonder what will happen if they don't re-open before Feb... They can hardly blame me for overstaying, I can't walk until another 4 weeks or so.

I had an accident and was in hospital for a month here in Mae Sot. My visa expired while I was semi-conscious and I went to take care of it as soon as I got out of the hospital. They were not sympathetic at all and charged me the full fine and stamped as overstay. Do not depend on any sympathy. If you have a friend to help, use them. smile.png

Was your immigration office closed throughout your hospitalisation?

Did your hospital or a reliable 3rd party try to do it for you before you became overstayed?

Did you present documentary evidence to support your late request?

If the answer is 'no' to any of the above your reply is of little help to this thread.

at the end of the day and over stay is an overstay even if you were in Jail for 10 years you would still have to pay the 20 k over stay. I know it does not make sense but different departments just see you as a bit of paper like in elsewhere across the world.

Tot bohput closed I mean near traffic lights

I bumped in to the manager of TOT earlier in Lamai, he told me they will open again on Monday.

When they turn up Monday dismiss or sack the lot.

Would do but who would you replace them with

Defiantly should have their salary deducted for each day they miss as allot of people such as business people cannot operated and have to work double hard

Such as the transport office. People who need to update their license for work

Buy selling cars bikes

Went to Maenam post office today Wednesday the postmen are delivering mail just the front of house not open I asked them when full service would resume and they just shrugged there shoulder the staff who work in the front were just sitting there so they will still be getting paid I managed to pick up my mail as they do not like coming up the hill to my house for some reason.

Yep - just to confirm that the Mae Nam PO closed for er . . . incoming public pedestrian & vehicular traffic . . . still got mail vans coming in and still delivering mail out . . . Ebay packets came today yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Head PO in Nathon - business as usual . . .

PO Chaweng open (thanks Big C) . . . (and thanks Big C for the photos of landmarks we know and love.)

small R

• Like 2

Very valuable, thanks a ton! I have a handful of friends, all of them busy right now but I'll tell them your story - maybe one of them can take half a day off. Peak season - everyone is working their a**** off...

I have to go before Jan 28. I can take your paper if you can get it to me on Samui...

I have to go before Jan 28. I can take your paper if you can get it to me on Samui...

Thanks... But getting to Samui is the whole issue. Someone needs to take my passport & the paperwork to Samui, I won't be able to walk for another 3-4 weeks so I can't do it myself... But thank you anyway :-)

Thanks... But getting to Samui is the whole issue. Someone needs to take my passport & the paperwork to Samui, I won't be able to walk for another 3-4 weeks so I can't do it myself... But thank you anyway :-)

I suggest calling them I can try to dig their number out tomorrow if I forget then tell me

I suggest calling them I can try to dig their number out tomorrow if I forget then tell me

Thanks, yes will call before I send someone to make sure they're open. Otherwise a pointless trip... Just need to find someone to send first :-)

IMMIGRATION OFFICE

Thaweeratphakdee Road, Nathon Moo 3, Tambon Angthong Suratthani, Koh Samui 84140, Thailand

077-421-069

HERE.

• Like 2

Land office open 1 hour then blockaded.

These protest should stop soon when. The everyday Busines person thai\forang get frustrated because they cannot work

The protests shall peak then slowly stop

The labour office is closed, apparently 'until further notice'. Not so great for people that have to renew their work permit right now.

I miss read that, I thought it was the Labour ward at the hospital then that would be a problem.

Great now this is starting to annoy me now The government get paid the same wage anyway just now the people who are going to be effected are people who need rubbish collecting sewage removed from their hotels, houses for rent extra Amper people shall have problems wok registering ID cards registering births marriages and all that This is really starting to piss me off now I sore a school marching today If my kid was in hay school I would be proper angry kids have nothing to do with this which makes that brain washing If kids want to protest then they should do on a Saturday and put their names down In other words up to you if you want to turn up in fact it should not be allow or it could build up tension in the school With kids who have parents from esaan might get picked on unless they join in Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

they would never do this in the US -- oh ... wait.

It's sad thing about all this, for some of the local businesses, they are having problems getting some parts/ stuff shipped from BKK... so unable to do their work or provide service... (my computer shop guy a case in point) .....sad.png

Tell me about it the land office people could be losing customers and millions or 100's millions of baht

People can't but or transfer cars

Yet the Thais who want to make the sell go down to the offices and get pissed off then join the protests

We are only hurting ourselves

I don't yingluck or her brother really give a toss from their luxury houses, condos and personal servants, private jets

I bet they are laughing their heads off

That saying give someone a piece of string eventually they shall hang themselves

It's sad thing about all this, for some of the local businesses, they are having problems getting some parts/ stuff shipped from BKK... so unable to do their work or provide service... (my computer shop guy a case in point) .....sad.png

Tell me about it the land office people could be losing customers and millions or 100's millions of baht

People can't but or transfer cars

Yet the Thais who want to make the sell go down to the offices and get pissed off then join the protests

We are only hurting ourselves

I don't yingluck or her brother really give a toss from their luxury houses, condos and personal servants, private jets

I bet they are laughing their heads off

That saying give someone a piece of string eventually they shall hang themselves

Why are you allowed to post's such rubbish. I'm all for Khun Yinluck she is the appointed Prime minister.of Thailand.

• Like 1

Any chance of a starting a forang band and close forang businesses if the Thais ask us what we are protesting about

Our answer shall be

We don't know

Then Thais shall say neither do we

By the way this is a joke not really want to do this

Any chance of a starting a forang band and close forang businesses if the Thais ask us what we are protesting about

Our answer shall be

We don't know

Then Thais shall say neither do we

By the way this is a joke not really want to do this

Let's start with not posting late on ThaiVisa.com ;)

That really gave me a laugh.

OK not a closure per se but still related.

Be prepared for slight delays because of traffic queues at Bangkok Samui hospital.

The yellow shirts have set up a small stage and demo on the ring road (as at 13.30). You can get through - just a bit slow.

Due to close at 1800 hrs

• Like 1