Rooo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great now this is starting to annoy me now

The government get paid the same wage anyway just now the people who are going to be effected are people who need rubbish collecting sewage removed from their hotels, houses for rent extra

Amper people shall have problems wok registering ID cards registering births marriages and all that

This is really starting to piss me off now

I sore a school marching today

If my kid was in hay school I would be proper angry kids have nothing to do with this which makes that brain washing

If kids want to protest then they should do on a Saturday and put their names down

In other words up to you if you want to turn up in fact it should not be allow or it could build up tension in the school

With kids who have parents from esaan might get picked on unless they join in

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Great now this is starting to annoy me now The government get paid the same wage anyway just now the people who are going to be effected are people who need rubbish collecting sewage removed from their hotels, houses for rent extra Amper people shall have problems wok registering ID cards registering births marriages and all that This is really starting to piss me off now I sore a school marching today If my kid was in hay school I would be proper angry kids have nothing to do with this which makes that brain washing If kids want to protest then they should do on a Saturday and put their names down In other words up to you if you want to turn up in fact it should not be allow or it could build up tension in the school With kids who have parents from esaan might get picked on unless they join in Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Amazing when Big C gets upset his spelling is almost perrrrfect! ..... I only SORE one mistake! biggrin.pngtongue.png

There seemed to be some community events going on around this late this morning & in the early afternoon, people singing and eating.... some kids were at schools... so who knows blink.png..... Some kind of Buddha day, I guess..?wai2.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

My visa runs out on the 2nd of Feb, I can send someone to extend it for me (have a paper from the doctor). I suppose now is not the time since Immigration will be closed? I wonder what will happen if they don't re-open before Feb... They can hardly blame me for overstaying, I can't walk until another 4 weeks or so.

Edited by AngThong

My visa runs out on the 2nd of Feb, I can send someone to extend it for me (have a paper from the doctor). I suppose now is not the time since Immigration will be closed? I wonder what will happen if they don't re-open before Feb... They can hardly blame me for overstaying, I can't walk until another 4 weeks or so.

If you have the paper work get your friend to do it now. I don't see immigration is closed for now. Get it done then you will rest comfortable.

If you have the paper work get your friend to do it now. I don't see immigration is closed for now. Get it done then you will rest comfortable.

You sure they're not closed yet? He's been real busy... I'll talk to him tomorrow to see when he can go. Need to print the TM7 & get copies of my passport but that won't take many minutes, I have everything else.

Great now this is starting to annoy me now The government get paid the same wage anyway just now the people who are going to be effected are people who need rubbish collecting sewage removed from their hotels, houses for rent extra Amper people shall have problems wok registering ID cards registering births marriages and all that This is really starting to piss me off now I sore a school marching today If my kid was in hay school I would be proper angry kids have nothing to do with this which makes that brain washing If kids want to protest then they should do on a Saturday and put their names down In other words up to you if you want to turn up in fact it should not be allow or it could build up tension in the school With kids who have parents from esaan might get picked on unless they join in Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I would have thought the reason why the OP is asking for information about what is open/closed, is exactly to avoid this kind of wild speculation (e.g. there were at least 5 marching/sports/party days in my neighborhood school the last 3 weeks only - but nice rant anyway smile.png ).

Ampur/Immigration/Post were open today. Will try to update tomorrow morning.

Personally I believe that this will be a more 'symbolic' shutdown on Samui, with most or all vital services being maintained or disrupted only short time. Too much at stake for the 'big boys'.

• Like 2

I would have thought the reason why the OP is asking for information about what is open/closed, is exactly to avoid this kind of wild speculation (e.g. there were at least 5 marching/sports/party days in my neighborhood school the last 3 weeks only - but nice rant anyway smile.png ).

Ampur/Immigration/Post were open today. Will try to update tomorrow morning.

Personally I believe that this will be a more 'symbolic' shutdown on Samui, with most or all vital services being maintained or disrupted only short time. Too much at stake for the 'big boys'.

problem is that the people who work for the goovernment get the same wage if they protest or not. It is the people that need the services that shall suffer

• Like 1

Oh Oh, just wanted to report Tessaban still open, but they are about to be closed by the 'mob' moving there now from Nathon. One staff said they will be closed until Friday sad.png .

The protesters said they will also go to immigration, not sure yet whether it will be closed.

Post office Nathon is open, but they have a note on the door saying that delivery/reception of post in Thailand is disrupted since 14. Jan. I can't read Thai so have to get an exact translation first which services are halted.

Seems they are trying hard to keep away any tourists for the next few weeks. Good job, not that anyone would need the income from the high season.blink.png

• Like 2

TOT Office in Bophut closed today (shutters down) and I have just been told that Bangkok Bank has also closed but that needs confirming. SCB Bophut open as usual.

Bangkok Bank is open as usual

Banks should be open as usual as they are not government buildings but the bank of Thailand I don't know

So not sure about international money transfers might be delayed but I don't know

At the end of the day kun Suthep knows come 2nd February the shin family will be back in charge having won the election. The crowds in Bangkok are diminishing they are only there for the free food and entertainment that is why he has come up with this latest brainwave to close down all offices in the south he dare not do it in the northern regions . I to am sick of all this but we all know that this comes up every couple of years what do they say SAME SAME but different so we should all be used to it now just another day in paradise Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The farmers in esaan are now frustrated as they are owed a large amount of money from the government for the rice which the government owes them money for

Yingluck might not win if the rice farmers have no money and they have been cheated out of money so they cannot afford anything

I gather that all the schools are suppose to open again on Wednesday.... (here, who now where else..around the country....) ....

Really? Glad to hear that, thought the governement schools would be closed.

At least after I heard how some protesters tried to convince the private St. Josephs school here in Nathon to join the protests and close! Of course it was more of a party, with music, speeches and lots of cheering from the pupils (hey, a few more free days are always appreciated).

Apparently they were told to bugger off (or similar).

biggrin.png

Now the unlucky pupils can return to their normal program, which will mainly consist of training for the next 'marching day' (chinese new year I suppose). Sorry, couldn't resist.

I gather that all the schools are suppose to open again on Wednesday.... (here, who now where else..around the country....) ....

At least after I heard how some protesters tried to convince the private St. Josephs school here in Nathon to join the protests and close! Of course it was more of a party, with music, speeches and lots of cheering from the pupils (hey, a few more free days are always appreciated).

biggrin.png

Now the unlucky pupils can return to their normal program, which will mainly consist of training for the next 'marching day' (chinese new year I suppose). Sorry, couldn't resist.

opps when I wrote that I had in mind it was Monday....blink.pngfacepalm.gif but it was Tuesday ... w00t.gif ... I was told two more days... so that would make it Thursday! ... rolleyes.gif We'll see if the teachers show up tomorrow! whistling.gif

Is it Wednesday already today.... what happened to Monday,? I am lost on days of the week! tongue.png

biggrin.png

opps when I wrote that I had in mind it was Monday....blink.pngfacepalm.gif but it was Tuesday ... w00t.gif ... I was told two more days... so that would make it Thursday! ... rolleyes.gif We'll see if the teachers show up tomorrow! whistling.gif

Is it Wednesday already today.... what happened to Monday,? I am lost on days of the week! tongue.png

If they time it right then they can do till friday then have the weekend. Not bad really paid holiday

• Like 1

I had an accident and was in hospital for a month here in Mae Sot. My visa expired while I was semi-conscious and I went to take care of it as soon as I got out of the hospital. They were not sympathetic at all and charged me the full fine and stamped as overstay. Do not depend on any sympathy. If you have a friend to help, use them. :)

• Like 1

I had an accident and was in hospital for a month here in Mae Sot. My visa expired while I was semi-conscious and I went to take care of it as soon as I got out of the hospital. They were not sympathetic at all and charged me the full fine and stamped as overstay. Do not depend on any sympathy. If you have a friend to help, use them. smile.png

Very valuable, thanks a ton! I have a handful of friends, all of them busy right now but I'll tell them your story - maybe one of them can take half a day off. Peak season - everyone is working their a**** off...