• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Prime rib, medium rare, with horseradish

Baked potato with sour creams, chives and garlic

Spinach souffle

A good California Burgundy

I personally like my steaks charred but rare. and a Cab vs a Burg. Agree on the Cali wines tho. So were in TL can you get all this good stuff? :D

I'm starting to get real bored of Thai food. Most restaurants usually have the same dishes on the menu. At least is Oz you have a WHOLE variety of cuisine to choose from. BUT if I had to choose one dish in particular I'd say............ Thom Saab (soup)

You're not doing it right. First of all, get away from the aircon.

Most proper "restaurants" I go to have at least a dozen sometimes 20+ closely typed pages, a greater selection than many western restaurants put together.

And mostly different dishes from each other, due to the huge variety of dishes from one region to another.

The total canon of regular NES-culture food doesn't come close!

Now I realize Australia has a huge range of different ethnic cuisines available, but suggest you broaden your range here in Thailand.

There are at least forty different dishes available just in the first few blocks along the street around the corner from my house, southern Thai, Indian, all kinds of stuff. . .

You lost me at "Get away from the aircon" blink.png

I'm starting to get real bored of Thai food. Most restaurants usually have the same dishes on the menu. At least is Oz you have a WHOLE variety of cuisine to choose from. BUT if I had to choose one dish in particular I'd say............ Thom Saab (soup)

You're not doing it right. First of all, get away from the aircon.

Most proper "restaurants" I go to have at least a dozen sometimes 20+ closely typed pages, a greater selection than many western restaurants put together.

And mostly different dishes from each other, due to the huge variety of dishes from one region to another.

The total canon of regular NES-culture food doesn't come close!

Now I realize Australia has a huge range of different ethnic cuisines available, but suggest you broaden your range here in Thailand.

There are at least forty different dishes available just in the first few blocks along the street around the corner from my house, southern Thai, Indian, all kinds of stuff. . .

You lost me at "Get away from the aircon" blink.png

So if a restaurant has a menu with a 20 closely typed page menu, do you reckon all the food they have inventory to support that menu is fresh?

I like to go someplace that specializes in something and buy whatever it is they specialize in.

• 2 weeks later...