Warm clothing

splodger

I always wonder how people like this get by in everyday life.

You can jest all you like, but it can be difficult to impossible for a small Asian lady to find warm clothing in Pattaya if she wants to look somewhat stylish, as most ladies do. I certainly would want my wife to look good too.

I was faced with this very same problem when planning a trip to New Zealand with my XXS sized wife a few years ago.

A small Asian lady will look like a child (ridiculous) if she puts on jumpers and jackets too large for her. It'll be even harder to find anything to fit in Ireland unless she buys at children's clothing stores....which would prove to be very embarrassing for any full grown Asian lady. It was impossible to find the right size for my wife in Australian and NZ.

Solution: Head straight for Central Department store and pick up good quality, stylish cold weather clothes. There's no where else to go. They're not going to be cheap but you can find fashionable, quality clothing in the small sizes.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

You can jest all you like, but it can be difficult to impossible for a small Asian lady to find warm clothing in Pattaya if she wants to look somewhat stylish, as most ladies do. I certainly would want my wife to look good too.

I was faced with this very same problem when planning a trip to New Zealand with my XXS sized wife a few years ago.

A small Asian lady will look like a child (ridiculous) if she puts on jumpers and jackets too large for her. It'll be even harder to find anything to fit in Ireland unless she buys at children's clothing stores....which would prove to be very embarrassing for any full grown Asian lady. It was impossible to find the right size for my wife in Australian and NZ.

Solution: Head straight for Central Department store and pick up good quality, stylish cold weather clothes. There's no where else to go. They're not going to be cheap but you can find fashionable, quality clothing in the small sizes.

Tropo - expected the same problem in NZ but discovered that virtually every shopping mall (certainly in ChCh, Wellington, and Auckland) invariably have at least one shop owned by Asians (usually Chinese) that are dedicated to Asian sizing and styling.

Re the OP's question - try the Pattaya Tai market - I was there yesterday and there seemed to be about 3 acres of second hand cold weather clothing for sale. All laundered and in A1 condition. My missus bought about 5 kilos of clothes for 500 Baht to send to her rellies in Phrae.

• Like 1

Tropo - expected the same problem in NZ but discovered that virtually every shopping mall (certainly in ChCh, Wellington, and Auckland) invariably have at least one shop owned by Asians (usually Chinese) that are dedicated to Asian sizing and styling.

Re the OP's question - try the Pattaya Tai market - I was there yesterday and there seemed to be about 3 acres of second hand cold weather clothing for sale. All laundered and in A1 condition. My missus bought about 5 kilos of clothes for 500 Baht to send to her rellies in Phrae.

That's not easy if your wife is XXS and likes fashion. Even in Thailand it's not easy for her to get the right sizes in the expensive boutiques. An Asian store in NZ will handle regular sizes at best. She's not interested in Chinese styling at all.smile.png

Note: XS Asian is XXS in US or Australia/NZ.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Well it's not every day I go shopping for warm clothing for a child and a petite Thai lady,pecker head.

Are you for real?

Have you noticed that huge shopping mall called central festival?

Now if you walk around there I'm pretty sure you will find 'warm clothing 'or even Mike's mall, Big C?

Pathetic.

Central Festival, Camel, North Face, etc, (you can even get sleeping bags geared up for -46F)!!! If your wife / girlfriend is very petite, joking aside, kids sizes will fit. You will have to pay for quality though! Failing that, just wrap them up well enough for the journey, and buy when back over there. Not really difficult.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I get by just fIne thanks, I wonder how people like you get by,you must have a lot of time on your hands to trawl posts that you have no interest,or buisness,I on the other hand have a busy and interesting life,too busy to be bothered shopping.

I get by just fIne thanks, I wonder how people like you get by,you must have a lot of time on your hands to trawl posts that you have no interest,or buisness,I on the other hand have a busy and interesting life,too busy to be bothered shopping.

I tend to agree with Pattaya Pat, if you live in Pattaya there are only so many places to look, do you think there is some hidden shopping mall with winter clothes? Maybe if you had asked about anywhere in Bangkok would have made more sense

I tend to agree with Pattaya Pat, if you live in Pattaya there are only so many places to look, do you think there is some hidden shopping mall with winter clothes? Maybe if you had asked about anywhere in Bangkok would have made more sense

Imagine how stupid you would feel if you asked for sugestions where to go to get certain attire when you live in Pattaya and the answers back are erh.. Big C, Mikes Mall, central festival, etc..

Quite unbelievable.

Imagine how stupid you would feel if you asked for sugestions where to go to get certain attire when you live in Pattaya and the answers back are erh.. Big C, Mikes Mall, central festival, etc..

Quite unbelievable.

Quite frankly you don't have a clue. Finding good fitting, warm and fashionable clothes for a petite Thai lady IS difficult in Pattaya and even more difficult in the destination country. If you do find the right clothes in Central Festival (wasting your time going to Mikes Mall or Big C) they're going to be very expensive, so if you're on a tight budget it will be a painful experience.

Now if you have a partner who doesn't mind roughing it, wearing clothes several sizes larger and/or cheap market clothes then the going will be a lot easier, especially if she's ok about wearing children's clothes. I suspect most Thai ladies in Pattaya are too fashion conscious to take that drastic step.

Just to give you a clue what's going on here - when my wife (at the time girlfriend) was going to meet my family in NZ for the first time, would you think she wanted to look good?... or just turn up in clothes resembling potato sacks? When a small lady wears large warm weather clothing she'll look like a child.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Wow, I must be very stupid then. I had to ask around as to where to get a proper all weather type jacket. You can get Nth Face jackets in Super Sports in Central and Outlet mall if anyones interested.

Great self observation Mate, they're copies / snides / fakes / not real. Do you get the idea?

• Like 1