Thailand imposes state of emergency to deal with protests

Lite Beer

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what a joke this govt is, they cannot handle the fact they are on their last legs and after declaring that they will not invoke this unless their is more violence they do it. This once again shows how pathetic the ptp are, they have no idea what to do and are reaching for straws. Lets see how long yl and the capo people can keep their hands clean from the blood, they are now responsible for any deaths.

if they are on their last legs ,why do the protestors not let the country vote?

because yhe protesters simply cannot win an election! the people will always vote against them. has happened three times so far. the protesters keep f;lipping the coin hoping it comes up tails, and it never happens.

You can not fool the Thai people all the Time

Thais are starting to see the real truth and and are changing there minds

So the PTP want a quick election and use the 180 rule to get Taksin back

before they loose more votes on top of those they already have

You forgot to mention there was no money problem with the unpaid Rice farmers at the last elections

in the words of the great Bob Dylan

The times they are a Changing

Edited by tezzainoz

Bring the ruddy tanks out.

Let's get that Baht down.

50 to the US Dollar would seem about right.

The day I worry will be the same day they worry.

Typical posting by many Farlang here

"I do not care about Thailand, I only care about my self"

Now does that sound familiar, No wonder they support Yingluck

Get-a-life.

I didn't see nor hear many UK-based Thai's bemoaning the last UK election results.

All they cared was how the THB would perform against the GBP.

What makes you so different?

I bet if I hit your pocket you'd be different.

Full of <deleted>, ain't ya?

PS. I you wanna make a complete fool of yourself, type "farlang". It's either farang or falang (but never farlang) unless you're a complete and utter idiot.

Edited by SebD

Who really cares. As you seem to be in Samui you too must know that even Surat Thani is all about money politics. Changing the Shinwatra clan with a Suthep clan is not good for Thailand. Even Abhisit, Chuan, Korn, Surin etc have left the boat a few days ago as you hear nothing more from them.

Would the Democrats have distanced themselves from Suthep and his Surat thugs a long time ago, they might would have won the election.

The PTP will be punished if the election goes ahead on Feb 2. My guess BJT, CT and CP will get a large number of votes and if the Democrats would have run in the election, they might would have had enough votes to form a coalition if PTP doesn't get a majority.

If I would be the Democrats I would today announce to file candidates for the elections next month. It's their biggest opportunity to have a say in the next government.

This isn't a choice between Thaksin and Suthep. If Yingluck was to step down, it wouldn't mean that Suthep is suddenly the boss.

Get-a-life.

I didn't see nor hear many UK-based Thai's bemoaning the last UK election results.

I make it a point not to argue with idiots

They will beat me with experience every time

Re: Thais and overseas currency

They want the dollar high and the baht low

that way stupid Farlang have more money to spend in Pattaya

After 10 years I have learnt to bend with the wind

This is their country, I am just a guest

• Like 1

At last the army's bluff has been called. The generals now have to decide between backing democracy or backing a wanted traitor and his gang of terrorists.

The first problem would be deciding which is which. And it may not be the way that you would choose.

Foreigners shoild not. Cimment on these disputes
Its nothing to do with us

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Suthep is power mad want tge gov to step down
And so he can run thailand with his corrupt
Cronies

What happened to "foreigners shouldn't comment"?

rolleyes.gif

what a joke this govt is, they cannot handle the fact they are on their last legs and after declaring that they will not invoke this unless their is more violence they do it. This once again shows how pathetic the ptp are, they have no idea what to do and are reaching for straws. Lets see how long yl and the capo people can keep their hands clean from the blood, they are now responsible for any deaths.

if they are on their last legs ,why do the protestors not let the country vote?

Very stupid question!

It is known that the red shirts buy their votes within the poor uneducated rural volks.

Get-a-life.

I make it a point not to argue with idiots

They will beat me with experience every time

Re: Thais and overseas currency

They want the dollar high and the baht low

that way stupid Farlang have more money to spend in Pattaya

After 10 years I have learnt to bend with the wind

This is their country, I am just a guest

I just like winding you up.

It's as easy as falling off a log.

You have to be the easiest, even you must admit.

Fish in a barrel. LOL.

Can't even blame your education as you are patently lacking, in any case.

• Like 1

Foreigners shoild not. Cimment on these disputes

Its nothing to do with us

Suthep is power mad want tge gov to step down

And so he can run thailand with his corrupt

Cronies

What happened to "foreigners shouldn't comment"?

rolleyes.gif

ha ha the ultimate Fence sitter

Face the other way when the sun changes

what a joke this govt is, they cannot handle the fact they are on their last legs and after declaring that they will not invoke this unless there is more violence they do it. This once again shows how pathetic the ptp are, they have no idea what to do and are reaching for straws. Lets see how long yl and the capo people can keep their hands clean from the blood, they are now responsible for any deaths.

You are a great example of those who speak without knowing what they are talking about. This Government will be reelected even if people like you would prefer that it not be.

• Like 1

Good timing. Suthep has run out of moves.

The goverment has handled these "protesters" (terrorists would be a more accurate description) extremely well so far.

You may wish to re-visit the definition of "terrorist" and try again...........

No let me try...taking a dump in the middle of the road. How close was I?

Say what you want but this is nothing but Suthep the thug trying to force a duly elected government for his like to run the state. The Democrats cannot be elected by a majority vote of the people so they want to get in through the back door as they did last time they were the "government". Some of you are too quick to forget that he and his sidekick are the ones who killed 92 redshirts a couple of years ago.

Edited by kjun12
  • Like 2

Silly to declare the state of emergency. Why Wednesday and not now? Why at all? And shouldn't it be the PM to declare it and not Chalerm? Probably the missunderstood fugitive instructed it all. Now see how the new CAPO will (not) behave. They are renamed the Peacekeeping Center. Will see if that name is correct.

What comes up in a couple of days which is a very important holiday and business period of the year for the fugitive and his equals.

Now, we will find out if the Army is on the side of rule of law or lawlessness. Protecting the people from bloodshed or continue to see bloodshed. On the side of the people or politics. Respecting or disrespecting the Royal Decree.

Bloodshed. More hyperbole. Largely peaceful protests marred by a few small explosions from which we still do not know the responsible party. So it might be "your" side that did the bomb throwing.

If it feels to uncomforatble for you here (and any other old people), feel free to leave.

Board

Aircraft

Now

Largely peaceful protest??? Its never been a peaceful protest since day one. I think you are feeling very uncomfortable here and Thailand do not need a 'peaceful protest' that include : Blowing your bluesky braded designer whistle. Intimidating and threatening people to stop works to join protests. Blocking roads, attacked government office and state buildings, impeding election, allowed illegal drugs (the Navy said they wanted to suppress), the list goes on...

• Like 1

Say what you want but this is nothing but Suthep the thug trying to force a duly elected government for his like to run the state. The Democrats cannot be elected by a majority vote of the people so they want to get in through the back door as they did last time they were the "government". Some of you are too quick to forget that he and his sidekick are the ones who killed 92 redshirts a couple of years ago.

You seem to forget that the red shirts killed a few people too.

what a joke this govt is, they cannot handle the fact they are on their last legs and after declaring that they will not invoke this unless there is more violence they do it. This once again shows how pathetic the ptp are, they have no idea what to do and are reaching for straws. Lets see how long yl and the capo people can keep their hands clean from the blood, they are now responsible for any deaths.

You are a great example of those who speak without knowing what they are talking about. This Government will be reelected even if people like you would prefer that it not be.

and of coarse you do

and even if an election is held there will not be enough Mps to create a government.

But who cares, we are spending the Rice farmers money

wasi t you who published that history book

The origional said they where killed during a revolt with the Thai army

They have the chance to leave, but decided they could make more money for their families by dieing

In Iraq they call that a suicide squad

At last the army's bluff has been called. The generals now have to decide between backing democracy or backing a wanted traitor and his gang of terrorists.

The first problem would be deciding which is which. And it may not be the way that you would choose.

Well let's see now. One is a dodgy businessman wanted for corruption. The other is a swivel eyed loon, an enemy of elections wanted on charges of murder and treason. Ever heard the saying " The lesser of two evils" ?

Not such a big problem deciding after all, is it?

Well let's see now. One is a dodgy businessman wanted for corruption. The other is a swivel eyed loon, an enemy of elections wanted on charges of murder and treason. Ever heard the saying " The lesser of two evils" ?

Yes you are 100% right

On is a convicted criminal

The other only accused, ........................ oops you are right you are innocent till proved guilty

• Like 1

Your Dodgy Business man had 2500 people murdered or haven,t you heard?
  • Like 1

Your Dodgy Business man had 2500 people murdered or haven,t you heard?

True

but to be fair has never been convicted of this

There was a message today from one of the 'poo-ying' in Suthep's camp on my Facebook (yes, she's still a friend even though to agree to disagree) asking for more people. They are in deep doo-doo with crowds leaving them.... I quote -

จากดร.สุรินทร์ พิศสุวรรณ....If you have a chance please tell the people..
Your friends....

The large number matters to the international community !

The large number of people pouring in to the streets has its own weight !

The large number has its own logic !

The large number has its own legitimacy !

The difference between "a rebellion" and "a people's power" is the number !!!

Fewer people, you are a rebellion !

A million people, you are "a people's power" !

So we have to keep up the number, sustained, peaceful,non-violent !!!

We will win eventually !!!

I was walking around Rama 1/Ratcha yesterday and for sure there wasn,t many people during the daylight hours.

There's so few protesters left now the police could probably clear them out with the use of some harsh language. Now that the 1,000 baht notes have dried up it won't be long before the owners of all that stage equipment start to take their gear away too. Suthep will find himself standing alone, ranting to some lottery ticket sellers and the soi dogs.

Roll on the election.

Checkmate! Time to clean the streets and bring Suthep to justice.

And to see all the charges of corruption against this regime fairly tried, and maybe extradite a well known fugitive too. Justice for all (or will they simply ram the amnesty bill through and whitewash him?).

Checkmate - I doubt it. All depends on what the army decide now, Thaksin has played his last card and his calling their hand.

Perhaps they'll go back and nail Suthep for the palm oil scam he perpetuated when deputy PM too?

My wifes reply is

"If he did this then he should have to appear before a court as well as Taksin"

Now how can you continue this arguement ?

There is no argument to that! She is 100% on the nose with that statement. But "if" it happened is not an if. You can read all about it here; http://asiancorrespondent.com/49900/thailands-palm-oil-crisis-mr-s-strikes-again/ The one problem or challenge with your wife's advice is that Suthep seems to be above the law, He's wanted to face charges of murder and insurrection but fails to show up at a police station and police refuse to arrest him and enforce the warrants. I could go on about him and the corrupt land deals with his son in Suratthani etc. He's as bent as Thaksin and did exactly the same as Thaksin by using his time in government to line his own pockets.

Edited by Alwyn

As usual I did my work, spoke to people. I walked past the protest areas. Stopped to eat. Everyone was peaceful, other than singing. All smiles. Felt perfectly safe at that time and had no reason to think otherwise. Went shopping at the shopping mall and had a perfectly normal day..... ....I agree with lostinsurin's comment 100%....so well said !!!! Please take this good advice....and I may add, my bit..."If not and you want to get the best of your time, as a guest in someone elses country: stop moaning, stop making foreigners here, look like grumpy, arrogant, rude bitter men, with no where else to go; and start to smile, be positive and enjoy life. You are lucky to be in Thailand. Its a wonderful country and we all hope it goes on like that. Lets hope all of the problems end peacefully and if not then deal with it, but stop complaining and spreading negativity. I came here to get away from that awful mindless attitude......Or as LostinSurin says....go to Big C and have a coffee.

One over zealous police officer with a baton will spark a riot situation. Time to get out.

As usual the chap in Big C gave me my basket and asked how I was "fine and how are you" I'm fine too he said, with his big smile. These are beautiful people.

If you wish to leave, good bye! coffee1.gif

Edited by davidcc

There was a message today from one of the 'poo-ying' in Suthep's camp on my Facebook (yes, she's still a friend even though to agree to disagree) asking for more people. They are in deep doo-doo with crowds leaving them.... I quote -

จากดร.สุรินทร์ พิศสุวรรณ....If you have a chance please tell the people..

Your friends....

The large number matters to the international community !

The large number of people pouring in to the streets has its own weight !

The large number has its own logic !

The large number has its own legitimacy !

The difference between "a rebellion" and "a people's power" is the number !!!

Fewer people, you are a rebellion !

A million people, you are "a people's power" !

So we have to keep up the number, sustained, peaceful,non-violent !!!

We will win eventually !!!

My wife was saying to me

not everyone at the protest has a company that can keep her income flowing

Many have to return to work as they have bills to pay

their thoughts are still with the protestors, but what can they do ?

after work they, give up there life to return to be with us

Western men complain because Thai ladies in the bars think they have bottomless wallets

but the same western men now think thais have money trees as well, are they not hypocrits of the highest order

when the big crack down begins, or on election day, you will see a crowd that no one expected

till then the fortunate ones must hold the fort as you in the west say

Do not see our lower numbers as a weekness

just the calm befor the storm

• Like 1

Edited by davidcc