I need to rent a condo or house in Bangkok

NCC1701A

I know this questions gets asked a lot, but I need the name of a good real estate agent. I think.

Or the names of some nice condo buildings that are quite.

My rent is in the 45,000 baht maximum per month range, and I need as large a place as possible in that price range.

I will start looking on February 15 and have about 10 days to find one.

The condo or house can be unfurnished as long as there is a complete kitchen and bathrooms.

It must be very clean, have air conditioning, can't be in some crazy noisy place, or loud neighbors. (don't laugh)

It can be a little out of town, does not need to be too nice on the outside, but must be very nice on the inside.

A house with a wall and three bedrooms would work. If I could find a place with a large yard so there would be some privacy that would be good.

OK just throwing that out there... Thanks for any help.

Edited by NCC1701A

no. base your decision on the stock. dont rent a place becoz the agent shows off a lot of legg......lol. stickman says agent try to sell you based on their sex appeal not on what you actually want.

the 1 time i had an agent show me a property omg she dressed like a prostitute.....................lol.

Edited by oogster8

I'd say go for a house, much better value if you want space.

You'll be installing your mum downstairs, so you'll want the bathroom down there, kitchen can go upstairs.

If this is for multiple years IMO find a lower-cost "shell" and pay for renovations to suit yourself, works out cheaper in the end.

B15-20K is doable, but probably not using an agent and probably take longer than ten days.

Anything with a decent yard, even courtyard garden will be LOTS more expensive and harder to find, but you've got the budget for it if that's important to you.

I'd say go for a house, much better value if you want space.

You'll be installing your mum downstairs, so you'll want the bathroom down there, kitchen can go upstairs.

If this is for multiple years IMO find a lower-cost "shell" and pay for renovations to suit yourself, works out cheaper in the end.

B15-20K is doable, but probably not using an agent and probably take longer than ten days.

Anything with a decent yard, even courtyard garden will be LOTS more expensive and harder to find, but you've got the budget for it if that's important to you.

Zero security.

In fifteen years living this way, had one break-in while we were away at the beach, they got my VCR and an old notebook.

No worries about violence just petty theft.

Nothing more secure than a house that's never left empty.

Full-time maids/caregivers not expensive.

yes I am thinking house now too... so I will look on the web. I was hoping there was someone who could steer me towards a house or a good agent to help.

this is all good info. thanks.

i will try to keep my wits about me as I navigate the provocative real estate agents. :) thanks for the warning.

Good deals aren't found on the web or advertised at all other than a sign in Thai hung out front.

You need to select your neighborhood and then send your translator/assistant to scout out empty houses by litereally walking around or on a motorbike. Talk to the food vendors, moto dops, beauty parlors in the neighborhood.

If you want to accelerate things, have her make up and hand out a flyer advertising a B5000 reward for whoever puts you in touch with the landlord of the place you close on, pass those out to the above plus in the local crowded food markets nearby.

Doing it that way will save you at least 150-400K THB per year.

Sign a three-year lease, with the option to renew for a further three years every year. Let them know how much you're going to improve the property and you shouldn't have to put down more than a month or two up front.

Get to know your neighbors, asking for recommendations on tradespeople maids etc.

If you're going for the fancy walled yard places - agent territory, lots more expensive - then servants will probably come with the property.

I would also take a few visits to the area, at various times of day, check out the neighbours etc, you dont want your 89 yr old mother bouncing to bass thumping music at 1 a.m just after signing a long lease.

Edited by CharlieH

In fifteen years living this way, had one break-in while we were away at the beach, they got my VCR and an old notebook.

No worries about violence just petty theft.

Nothing more secure than a house that's never left empty.

Full-time maids/caregivers not expensive.

they only get your vcr and your old notebook, because i guess there is nothing more to steal...laugh.png

its actually a myth you get good deals hitting the pavement. What you get is fair market rentals for the specific area.

You try walking near a train station looking for a 10k 1-bed apt, the gem of all gems.....lol. Now try 20 minutes from station 10k would be overpriced.

It all depends on location, mostly!

exceptions always...theres a few sub 10k studios near thong lo near bts but there not the best...............lol. the market has established their price. not gem

Edited by oogster8

its actually a myth you get good deals hitting the pavement. What you get is fair market rentals for the specific area.

That's right, but fair market value is a very good deal in Thailand.

Soon as you get smarter landlords and middlemen and advertising involved, English-speaking people targeting foreigners then you aren't paying fair market anymore, you're dealing in a market where the buyers aren't fully informed and the seller's able to get above-market prices.

I would not discount the online stuff (DD) but I would put foot to ground. Decide where you want to live and go look. Picking a nice place only to find out it's in a sketchy area or whatever is a waste. Of course, if it's a house in a gated community that is different.

I can see whete both condo and house are suited for the op but he will also need a maid and transport if he goes for the house. A 45k condo should not be noisy!

I would die in the burbs. The beach or the farm or in the CBD.

no. base your decision on the stock. dont rent a place becoz the agent shows off a lot of legg......lol. stickman says agent try to sell you based on their sex appeal not on what you actually want.

the 1 time i had an agent show me a property omg she dressed like a prostitute.....................lol.

Well what do you think those "agents" (I use the term loosely) do on their day off? They don't exactly earn a fortune in their day job.

• 1 year later...