• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Die-hard activists declare bolder retaliation against govt
By Digital Content

13903740092238.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 22 - A hardcore anti-government group today challenged the caretaker government's use of the Emergency Decree and vowed to take three leading state officials including the caretaker prime minister captive.

The Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT) announced that they would switch from seizing state offices to arresting caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yubamrung in his latest capacity as director of the Centre for the Administration of Peace, and National Police chief Adul Saengsingkaew.

Two NSPRT core leaders, Nitithorn Lamlua and Uthai Yodmanee, led protesters from their rally site near Government House to the National Police Bureau headquarters this morning and demanded Pol Gen Adul show up before them within an hour.

The protesters then demolished the entire sign and painted it with a new wording in the Thai letters representing the group's name in abbreviation "Kor Por Tor" or NPSTD in English. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-22

Of course some pictures don't catch people in the best of lights (you should see some of me, and you I'm sure), and some are deliberately published for that reason, but like her or not you must admit she is the best looking government leader in the world, puu-ying thai suuwai.

• Like 2

The guy on the left looks like he's buttoning up his shirt ... or trying to gain some self-confidence.

Tell you what, rogerdee123 . . . . . . You stand in front of that guy on the Prime Minister's right, make like you're fiddling with the Zip on YOUR Grenfell and get back to us about (much to your surprise) what happened next, nnnnnkayyyy ;-?)

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

That looks like anarchy/ In any Western country these ' criminals' would be arrested and sent to jail!!

Are you sure?

Not even close to anything like the Poll Tax Riots, the Tottenham Riots, the Broadwater Farms Riots, the May Day riots, the G20 riots and so on.

That looks like anarchy/ In any Western country these ' criminals' would be arrested and sent to jail!!

Are you sure?

Not even close to anything like the Poll Tax Riots, the Tottenham Riots, the Broadwater Farms Riots, the May Day riots, the G20 riots and so on.

And not one coup but a LOT of arrests, hint hint whistling.gif

Good move on the Governments part to stay out. They were only looking for trouble on Sutheps day off. that they didn't get it bode well for us all.

There is nothing for the Coup Backers in this as these images are travelling the world now on media that even Suthep can't dream about.

What does this say about the state of the protest. Nobody on it, lots of violence and Asia's first ethnic cleansing of the year in Trang. Sure Governments will be lining up to work with a Junta.

Old saying... "For evil to triumph, it is enough for good men to do nothing" So the Thai middle class giggle and take selfies all the way. Cold war term for them. "Useful idiots" but he had them killed once they stopped being useful. It's the middle class coming off worse here as they are just showing how little thought process they have to support this lunacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

They. the supposed educateds are going to lose their right to vote or input into the next Junta. How clever is that? The very people bleating about how much they know and can achieve, shut themselves out of the process....

Edited by pipkins

Die-hard activists declare bolder retaliation against govt

By Digital Content

13903740092238.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 22 - A hardcore anti-government group today challenged the caretaker government's use of the Emergency Decree and vowed to take three leading state officials including the caretaker prime minister captive.

The Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT) announced that they would switch from seizing state offices to arresting caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yubamrung in his latest capacity as director of the Centre for the Administration of Peace, and National Police chief Adul Saengsingkaew.

Two NSPRT core leaders, Nitithorn Lamlua and Uthai Yodmanee, led protesters from their rally site near Government House to the National Police Bureau headquarters this morning and demanded Pol Gen Adul show up before them within an hour.

The protesters then demolished the entire sign and painted it with a new wording in the Thai letters representing the group's name in abbreviation "Kor Por Tor" or NPSTD in English. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-01-22

I take it the follicly challenged chaps in the blue shirt and the check shirt, are mature students whistling.gif

Edited by fab4

... where Ms. Yingluck was attending a meeting with the newly formed Center for Maintenance of Peace and Order (CMPO) following the enactment of the State of Emergency over Bangkok last night.

Is it my imagination, or do they seem to change the name of this particular government entity about once a week...

It was CAPO. Then it was something about Peacekeeping. Now It's CMPO....

I'm waiting for them to eventually get around to the title and acronym of Center for Resolving Anti-government Protests... tongue.png

What a true revolutionary act!!thumbsup.gifVandalising the sign of Police HQ!!

Keep up the good work boys, and the country will be yours in a matter of days!!coffee1.gif

I think that it means a darned sight more than that actually.

It is signifying how inept and weak they are and sends a very strong message out to say that they cannot be trusted to serve the people - as they should be doing in guaranteeing their safety!!

They must hate having their reputation stamped on like this and in being treated like naughty little boys. You know as well as I do how much losing face means to Thai's and it doesn't come much worse than this show of disdain for them!!

Mr. Nitithorn Lamluea, a leader of SRT, said the protesters′ objective is not the occupation of any building, but to capture leaders of the government, such as Ms. Yingluck and Pol.Gen. Adul Saengsingkaew, chief of the Thai police.

Openly admitting to planning to kidnap the prime minister and chief of police, and they still don't get arrested. TIT.

you mean caretakers! have you forgotten?

smiley-laughing024.gif

Good move on the Governments part to stay out. They were only looking for trouble on Sutheps day off. that they didn't get it bode well for us all.

There is nothing for the Coup Backers in this as these images are travelling the world now on media that even Suthep can't dream about.

What does this say about the state of the protest. Nobody on it, lots of violence and Asia's first ethnic cleansing of the year in Trang. Sure Governments will be lining up to work with a Junta.

Old saying... "For evil to triumph, it is enough for good men to do nothing" So the Thai middle class giggle and take selfies all the way. Cold war term for them. "Useful idiots" but he had them killed once they stopped being useful. It's the middle class coming off worse here as they are just showing how little thought process they have to support this lunacy.

They. the supposed educateds are going to lose their right to vote or input into the next Junta. How clever is that? The very people bleating about how much they know and can achieve, shut themselves out of the process....

you mean the corrupted process of the Shins?

However, with a nutcase like Chalerm in control (I don't know how someone who usurped police powers to demolish competitor businesses is allowed to hold government office anyway), this could really be dangerous to a country which is trying to preserve its international reputation as a safe tourist destination.

sad.png

A nutcase? You're only talking about the leader of the Bangkok Peace Movement, you know:

Bek1PpbCQAASjdt.jpg

whistling.gif Funnier and funnier every day.

Hard to tell which one of the useless fools on both sides will end up as the "winner".

Whoever the "winner" is they should remember......

If you come out on top of a pile of sh_t you may think you are a winner, but you're still siting on the top of a pile of sh_t.

And that pile you're on still smells

"They are enemy of the people, and enemy of the country".

If they can do this to the Police with impunity, then it is becoming clearer and clearer that these demonstrators and Suthep have total confidence that they are going to win. This seems to be a coup, but of a new kind.

Thailand - world leader in coups!

you mean the corrupted process of the Shins?

If you like... Or people who have no idea how to post interesting, novel or considered opinions on internert forums.

If you had actually read what I had written you may have been able to tailor your post to be sarcastic in a way which fit with that I said. It was clear I was referring to the reform process and they are shutting themselves out.

The more people look at your response, the more they realise that the game is up on the Coup side. there is nothing left but meaningless interjections into others posts. I enjoyed it anyway, makes me realise why I don't stoop to this level.

Also, many of my posts are quoted from, so there is original content there. Think BBC going to be quoting from.

Duhhh doo u meen duh corruptit prosess of the shinsss ?

All are much better left to expose themselves as are you. Enjoy your next great composition and wait with baited breat to see if it brings as much to the debate as that did

The guy on the left looks like he's buttoning up his shirt ... or trying to gain some self-confidence.

The guy on the left looks worried that he's going to get in trouble with her for taking her to do her job instead of shopping.

Wow, shopping! That is so original, i'm sure none of us on here have never heard that one before, did you think it up all by yourself? How old are you, fifteen?

• Like 1

The guy on the left looks worried that he's going to get in trouble with her for taking her to do her job instead of shopping.

Wow, shopping! That is so original, i'm sure none of us on here have never heard that one before, did you think it up all by yourself? How old are you, fifteen?

Did you lose your sense of humor when you got old and not sexy anymore?

• Like 1

Did you lose your sense of humor when you got old and not sexy anymore?

Shopping - Yaaawn

Paid up Thaksinista - wow only 9 years old that one

Four seasons snickker

Dubai - Yaaaaaaawn

Phue Thaksin - Devestating wit

Thaksin thinks PT acts. - Well you really got us tied in knots with that

2010 except no timeline on events.

There is so much information out there from all sides. So much to read and learn from and yet, to many they think these tired tired old cliches still have something to add to debates about something as serious as an impending civil war if we are not careful

Might have been funny in the bar, but it just shows a total lack of any reasoned argument. What is funny is that so many of you just use the same stock phrases and think anybody may find it funny or clever after seeing them 1,000 times.

• Like 1

Keep up the good work boys, and the country will be yours in a matter of days!!coffee1.gif

It is signifying how inept and weak they are and sends a very strong message out to say that they cannot be trusted to serve the people - as they should be doing in guaranteeing their safety!!

They must hate having their reputation stamped on like this and in being treated like naughty little boys. You know as well as I do how much losing face means to Thai's and it doesn't come much worse than this show of disdain for them!!

Sorry but I don't agree with you!whistling.gif

By not acting in a western way by confronting the protesters, everyone saved face!!thumbsup.gif

Instead of the confrontation with the possibility of injuries (or death), the police wil not be accused of using unnecessary force and the protesters managed to do, what they came for.

When the dust settles, the sign can be replaced for 50k. A win/win situation!

Must admit, when I first came here, my reaction to situations like the one in the OP, or when farmers were blocking roads because of low crop-prices, was why don't the police not do something about it?

But I must say, that the longer I stay here, the more I get to appriciate the Thai way of doing things.

It might take a little longer time, but here IMO the non-confrontional way is working!

Whatever we learned in the west about law/order/enforcement, we better forget. Makes the stay more enjoyable!!coffee1.gif

Are you sure?

And not one coup but a LOT of arrests, hint hint whistling.gif

Might be a bit too subtle for some on here......EO

Sorry but I don't agree with you!whistling.gif

By not acting in a western way by confronting the protesters, everyone saved face!!thumbsup.gif

Instead of the confrontation with the possibility of injuries (or death), the police wil not be accused of using unnecessary force and the protesters managed to do, what they came for.

When the dust settles, the sign can be replaced for 50k. A win/win situation!

Must admit, when I first came here, my reaction to situations like the one in the OP, or when farmers were blocking roads because of low crop-prices, was why don't the police not do something about it?

But I must say, that the longer I stay here, the more I get to appriciate the Thai way of doing things.

It might take a little longer time, but here IMO the non-confrontional way is working!

Whatever we learned in the west about law/order/enforcement, we better forget. Makes the stay more enjoyable!!coffee1.gif

"Whatever we learned in the west about law/order/enforcement, we better forget."

Haha that is the understatement of the century !!!!! cheesy.gif