Things to do in Koh Lanta?

flip

Hi!

Im for 2/3 days in Koh Lanta on the coming weekend. Any interesting things to do there? Or "just" nice beaches? Maybe viewpoints or so?

Recommendations for beaches? I prefer it a little bit quiet and like to swim..

Also some restaurants on the beach maybe, which are not so expensive? I have a car, so can drive around a little..

I guess nightlife not at all there, right?

Thnx a lot

It's pretty quiet all the time. About 2 nights is always too long for me. If you can find your way to the end of the road at the south/east end of the island there is a great viewpoint. You can drive right round the island in a couple of hours. The only half decent restuarants I could find (except hotel resturants) would be in Lanta Town near the new pier.

Well for swimming I like Khlong Nin alot because the i can swim if i want or swim around the rock barrier reef 50 meters out and see some nature stuff. There is no really large resorts on Khlong nin, so it makes for a pretty peaceful and relaxed beach and there is a couple good restaurants along it. Good BBQ on the beach at Richie's, he is an ol thai biker guy from Bangkok.

I Like any beach south of Khlong Nin or by the national park and, theres a couple beaches off the road that dont have any resorts or people on them and pretty nice swimming. A couple between Klong Nin beach and Kantian Bay. And then just after Kantiang Bay there is a nice little beach with only one little driftwood bar on it.

Nightlife, the bar to go see on Lanta is Mong Bar. or ask any bartender where the party is that particular night. During high season, there is a different bar that has a "party" every night. You know, mondays are at Sunset Bar, tues is like ting tong bar, wed is some other obnoxious typical bar name, thurs etc etc etc.

I suggest renting a longtail or speedboat for the day and heading out to Koh Ha (five islands) a great diving and snorkeling spot and a nice little beach during lowtide to have lunch on.. I usually fish in the morning snorkel and have lunch in the afternoon while the captain does his prayer and then fish a bit more in the afternoon and then comeback and BBQ the catch. Caught a couple 20-25kg marlin out there and some nice markrel and barracuda.

But 4 island tour to like Tham Marakot (emerald cave), Koh Ngai, Koh Rok, and i think Koh Mook is a snorkeling tour, it is ok but the usually jump off swim 20 minutes and then haul ass for 40 minutes to the next spot trying not to fall off the boat.

You could rent a kayak and go through the mangroves on the north part of the island and then check out different little island on the eastern side of lanta. The national park isn't that amazing, but the viewpoint and lighthouse at the tip is a great picture and the beach there is cute, but the water is all filled with coral and rocks.

Phew, thats a start if I think of something else ill get back in.

Find here a good map of Lanta > http://lanta4u.com/Ko_Lanta_Map/ko_lanta_map.html

I recommend, if you like the beach for you to check Kantiang Bay and Bamboo Bay there are nice small resorts for any budget.

On the map you'll find the Landmarks in red.

Have fun - Lanta is marvelous for it's beaches and specially the mangroves and nature!!

Contact me if you'd like a small introduction of the island sipping a mojito on the beach at OTTO's in Klong Nin smile.png

You'll see that 2-3 days are not enough to enjoy paradise...Koh Lanta

If you are an early riser, check out the viewpoint .. Follow the road down the island, and upwards .. there is a nice place on the bend. Then head onwards to Lanta old town for a look-see.

Sunset .. Walk along Pra-Ae, take a pick of bars, plenty of beach BBQ restaurants down there too.

I'm not a lover of Klong Nin and adjacent beaches, too many rocks .. I always prefer to stay on Pra-Ea, or longbeach as its known.

The best restaurants have always been over the water in Ban Saladan, the long established places that locals go entertain although these days there are restaurants everywhere, some ok western / scandinavian cusine on the Klong Dao/first beach.

Nightlife, is the normal backpacker affair, places like Ozone, and the beach bars on Pra-Ea, there is a collection right on the end of the beach on the road and some other places

My buddy has a longtail company http://www.lantalongtail.com/excursions.html .. If you want a special 5 islands tour, otherwise jump on a tour with the herd, its well worth the sunburnt day, bit of snorkling, and a trip through the cave entrance into Ko Mook's sandy beach.

I agree with all the recommendations so far....ko ha definite day trip for ocean fun...

go to kong klong area, further south, before you get to moon??? resort, there is a great Northern Thai restaurant, not cheap but worth one meal there...great viewing spot for sunsets also, they are #2 on trip advisor now....BEACH HOUSE RESTAURANT.

A little difficult to find but worth it..it can get busy in the evenings but you can call ahead and reserve, only about 6 tables with great views.

Junie and Kitty.....082 295 6628... 086 016 9554...

let us know what you think...post-124523-0-71492300-1390554476_thumb.