How much did you save on electricity this month not having to turn on the AC?

Sojuncoke

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well every month is different for me, but this seems like the lowest in years. MIne is 504 baht! Last month was in the 600s.

The only thing I didn't use, was maybe fans, and my refrig had to work less. I mean, normally, I wouldn't use aircon now, but that is the only big thing that would be different.

I am pretty careful, but my higher bills during the year, with aircon, but only one at a time, (as in I live alone but with a child, so we stay in the same rooms if aircon is going, for the most part) are in the 2000s area.

If I had A/C throughout my 5-story shophouse, it would have cost at least B150,000 up-front investment, lasting what maybe five years if I'm lucky?

Running same would be at least B4,000 per month extra, probably more like 6 given the fact that it's hard to train young people to be conservative.

I only have air on the ground floor, and I only run it for my students during classes/tutoring sessions, if I don't have multiple computers going it's often not even necessary AFAIC, but the kids are used to it from their own homes and school, so I have to run it anyway or they'd complain.

In the living quarters upstairs we've simply never had it and don't miss it at all.

If I had A/C throughout my 5-story shophouse, it would have cost at least B150,000 up-front investment, lasting what maybe five years if I'm lucky?

Running same would be at least B4,000 per month extra, probably more like 6 given the fact that it's hard to train young people to be conservative.

I only have air on the ground floor, and I only run it for my students during classes/tutoring sessions, if I don't have multiple computers going it's often not even necessary AFAIC, but the kids are used to it from their own homes and school, so I have to run it anyway or they'd complain.

In the living quarters upstairs we've simply never had it and don't miss it at all.

I smell cheapo

Maybe 20% less, I've taken advantage of the cooler weather to bake & cook more slow roasts and casseroles as to not heat up the kitchen/house. I'm thinking about doing a turkey this week end and freezing the meat for luncheon meat.

I was cold last evening and decided to have hot bath instead of my evening warm shower so next month knowing my luck the bill will be more :)

Every month,I pay ~12,500THB... without AC (I don't have AC at home) but this month, as I use heater for my 3 3months-old dogs, I should pay more...

How do you have a 12,000 baht electric bill without AC?

I usually pay around 5,000 every month. Just over 3,000 this month. I still turn the AC on in the afternoons and sleep with it on at night. During hotter months it's on 24 hours.

Mine went up ! Had to operate a crock pot in my bedroom this month....almost every night....as it was about 10 degrees. I may buy a new airconditioner for March....the one I have is a portable piece of crap that slightly cools a small room, but is ineffective above 30 degrees. I used that a few nights last year.

I save enough but to be honest even if i save a couple of 1000 its nice but once its summer the airco is really worth it. I see it as a bit of comfort and would not want to save too much on it. Last year i actually turned it on more often and paid a bit more and thought what a fool i was saving on aircon. The productivity i got back from being cooler was more then worth it.

• Like 2

Reckon my electric bill was the lowest its ever been where we are now. Basically half of what would be considered an average monthly bill @ 2,600 baht.

I can't remember the 'cold' season lasting this long, at least over the last 16 years. We had 12 degrees last night and it wasn't that much more thi morning. <deleted> freezing.....................blink.png

• Like 1

Normally I use a ceiling fan in the office during daytime and 1 inverter aircon at night, and 2 aircons during the weekend as my son stays here.

This entire billing cycle I had no fan during daytime and a fan at lowest speed at night.

My electricity bill was 100 Baht more than average . facepalm.gif

You sound remarkably similar to a guy who used to post here.

• Like 1

Blimey. Fan in the daytime when the doors are open most of the time anyway, air conditioning afternoons/evenings, but generally only in the living room until about 20 minutes before we go to bed. Freezer, fridge, water heating for the shower...we had ฿900.- one month when we forgot the A/C for three days absence, otherwise around ฿500.- a month, sometimes down to 300. Of course if you need 18°C then this doesn't work.

Im just enjoying the cold... Its great to have a bit of variety and the heat that is around 24 hours a day can be tiring.

I suppose we should thank all the reckless people and companies around the world for climate change :)

• Like 1

I save enough but to be honest even if i save a couple of 1000 its nice but once its summer the airco is really worth it. I see it as a bit of comfort and would not want to save too much on it. Last year i actually turned it on more often and paid a bit more and thought what a fool i was saving on aircon. The productivity i got back from being cooler was more then worth it.

Excellent point. Our first year here, we tried to not run the AC during the day. Jump in the pool, turn on the fans, and suffer. Last year, my mother moved in with us. She just can't handle the heat, so we ran the AC a lot. Bill was only 2k more and we were sooooo much more comfortable. For 2k, it was 100% worth it.

Our bill now is about 3k, normally 5.5-6k per month in the hot season. Because of the pool, water falls, garden lights, 3 refrigs, etc. Our bill will never be below 3.3k or so.