Pay for pledged rice or parties will lose votes, Thai farmers warn

webfact

I am still waiting for Thaksin to step in in the next few days and offer to pay all the farmers. 130 billion is a mere fraction of what Shinclan have stolen in the last 2 years and as it is Thailand's money anyway but he will get all the credit, it makes perfect sense for the man that wants to be the countries first President to pull such a stunt. Give the country back some of the money you stole, pull the masses of uneducated and illiterate out of the poop (temporarily) and ensure yourself of millions of votes at the next election. What a tangled web....

The amount involved here is 130 billion, not million and we can just say this is a fraction of what Thaksin had stolen.

If the 130 billion is just a fraction, may we know the whole number of the amount stolen and what was that corrupted thing?

1/2, 1/3, 1/4 etc. are examples of fraction. That means if 130 billion is just 1/2 of the corrupted amount, that means Thaksin had corrupted 260 billion (260,000,000,000 this the figure in number)? Not million, huh?

I am not defending shinclan but am just ignorant of what was corrupted that amounted to more than 130 billion.

Rice Scheme that is practically unpractical. Can it be the Vote buying of today? Seems like it is why the farmers voted for PTP. Even they said they PTP would loose their vote. Populist policies are used everywhere, I realize that. But when they offer the sky to the farmers on the backs of taxpayers. I wonder if all those who do not see why reform before election is necessary, this proves why it's necessary.

No one is oppose to helping any one or any populist plan, as long as it's sustainable and money gets to all the people. This did neither of that. If this type of populist program can continue, it means they next thing they can offer everyone is a computer...oh....the tablet....sorry already did that too. And how is that going? 800,000 tablets not delivered and the company making needs more time. 180 days. Don't they have at least half made? I think that is money gone as well. Soon the company will declare bankrupt and good luck going after them in China. More great corruption prone project that offers no transparency. Is this what we can look forward to for future political campaign. Who can bankrupt the govt. the fastest and spend taxpayers money more irresponsibly. Is this the future of Thailand? Sorry, things needs to change. A lot of you, if that happened in your country, I know if it happened in USA, the "rights to bare arms" come into mind. The government would pay dearly for their corrupt actions. The forefather of America put that in their so that it will create a balance of power between the states and the people.

Many TV poster have a one basic believe in democracy that an election is all that matters. Once you vote, you give up your rights to the government so that they can do with what ever they want with it. But this is not the case for people who cherish democracy. It's fragile and you can loose it quickly. If you believe in or understand democracy, then you would believe in check and balances, good governance(which means accountability and transparency) and many others. Don't say protesters are not democratic. This administration is as undemocratic as it comes. If election is the ONLY guiding light in a Democratic system, then North Korea must also be democratic....not!

I am still waiting for Thaksin to step in in the next few days and offer to pay all the farmers. 130 billion is a mere fraction of what Shinclan have stolen in the last 2 years and as it is Thailand's money anyway but he will get all the credit, it makes perfect sense for the man that wants to be the countries first President to pull such a stunt. Give the country back some of the money you stole, pull the masses of uneducated and illiterate out of the poop (temporarily) and ensure yourself of millions of votes at the next election. What a tangled web....

The amount involved here is 130 billion, not million and we can just say this is a fraction of what Thaksin had stolen.

If the 130 billion is just a fraction, may we know the whole number of the amount stolen and what was that corrupted thing?

1/2, 1/3, 1/4 etc. are examples of fraction. That means if 130 billion is just 1/2 of the corrupted amount, that means Thaksin had corrupted 260 billion (260,000,000,000 this the figure in number)? Not million, huh?

I am not defending shinclan but am just ignorant of what was corrupted that amounted to more than 130 billion.

No one will really know the figures yet, because the government has not disclosed the transactions. They spent over 600 billions or more. We won't know. We don't even know if the rice is still around. There is a lot of under the table deals that goes on siphoning the money out of the scheme. As most people know, the farmers seldom get the full face value for their rice. Now we haven't included the millers and storage and labor fees into the program. All which is also subjected to paying the Patron in Dubai. You can bet on it. If you have any question about the Rice Scheme, you would be wise to research more.

There is a lot that TV do not know and trusting to hear it in the news, will never happen. Because any news reporting the rice scheme in a negative way, will be sued for slander by the govt. As long as the govt does not provide full disclosure, we can assume that corruption is quite wide and deep. Just come clean, but they can't because they are not clean.