Bangkok: CMPO bans protesters from entering buildings, roads

webfact

Bans are one thing but what about enforcing them ? So far no one appears to have taken a blind bit of notice of the emergency decree so officialdom can ban all they want but without enforcement it's just the usual huff and puff.

the only way to enforce this is for the police to take violent action against the protestors which in turn would escalate the whole situation - then the army would step in to protect the protestors and as I stated in a post 3 days ago we would have the army and the police fighting on the streets of Bangkok

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If courts are 'off limit' to the public does that mean even k. Suthep would not be able to go to court to acknowledge one more 'pre-meditated' murder charge?

His lawyer would have to show him the way anyway - he's never been there....

Interesting.

There are those on here, of the pimpernel persuasion, that claim he's been through the mincer in them

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unlike Abhisit, he has never turned up to the court to hear the charges - he has been summoned twice by the court, but each time he sends his lawyer to say "I'm too busy"

How many times does a man need to hear charges ?

"Abhisit and Suthep acknowledge charges by public prosecutor"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/678450-abhisit-and-suthep-acknowledge-charges-by-public-prosecutor/

• Like 1

the only way to enforce this is for the police to take violent action against the protestors which in turn would escalate the whole situation - then the army would step in to protect the protestors and as I stated in a post 3 days ago we would have the army and the police fighting on the streets of Bangkok

If it came down to Police vs Military (lets hope it does not) then its not going to be much of a fight... the first sign of any real resistance and i think the police would put down their weapons and surrender... they cant beat the army.

• Like 1

There is no longer any point now to the Emergency Decree now that there will no February 2 elections. Chalerm can take his Campo friends off and redouble his efforts to find the killer of Sgt Yim who was shot in the head at point blank range in a night club by a mystery assailant while trying to prevent an altercation. His son should be able to help in the hunt, since he was a witness, if he is not too traumatised by the event.

Why is every time I see the word CMPO, I feel like sending a Post Card or letter up north?

Maybe it is because you have the map upside down and the North is actually South. It is a term invented by Suthep cs in 2010. The same Suthep who established kill zones in Bangkok, used tanks and life ammunition when people wanted to enter buildings and block roads. You see Suthep is quite a clown and hypocrite

• Like 1

Why is every time I see the word CMPO, I feel like sending a Post Card or letter up north?

Maybe it is because you have the map upside down and the North is actually South. It is a term invented by Suthep cs in 2010. The same Suthep who established kill zones in Bangkok, used tanks and life ammunition when people wanted to enter buildings and block roads. You see Suthep is quite a clown and hypocrite

Actually the Pheu Thai led caretaker government set-up the CMPO to replace the CAPO. The CAPO was set up by the previous government to replace the CRES (begin of 2011 I think). The CRES ... ...

"the caretaker Cabinet announced that it was putting Bangkok and its outskirts under a 60-day emergency decree and set up the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) to implement it"

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/politics/CMPO-makes-its-presence-felt-on-social-media-almos-30224951.html

"12) The Police Club"

Personally.....I wouldn't go therewhistling.gif

Oh I would. have you every been there?

Just like the o club on the thai air force base in BBK

Surely worthwhile protecting biggrin.png

Adul invoked his authority as the operations chief of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order in issuing the ban, which will apply to all members of the public who do not have prior permission from officials to enter the specified areas. The roads to be off-limits are: 22. Sukhumvit Road from the Nana intersection to Sukhumvit Soi 19

Seriously? So I guess Sukhumvit will be a ghost town this weekend since nobody will have permission from CMPO to enter, right?.

Edited by bubba

If courts are 'off limit' to the public does that mean even k. Suthep would not be able to go to court to acknowledge one more 'pre-meditated' murder charge?

He would have "prior permission from officials to enter."

May be the leaflet airdropped a while ago would serve as access permission ?

Adul invoked his authority as the operations chief of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order in issuing the ban, which will apply to all members of the public who do not have prior permission from officials to enter the specified areas. The roads to be off-limits are: 22. Sukhumvit Road from the Nana intersection to Sukhumvit Soi 19

Seriously? So I guess Sukhumvit will be a ghost town this weekend since nobody will have permission from CMPO to enter, right?.

With the advance elections on Sunday no alcohol from Saterday 6PM to Sunday 12PM I think rolleyes.gif

So Chalerm is going to order the police to gas, beat and shoot them to enforce his bans. Pass me some more ear medicine quick.

that joke was cute and funny for about 5 minutes a few months ago.

perhaps it is time to come up with some new material.

laugh at chalerm all you want, there are many dead who will attest he is no joke.

• Like 1

CMPO bans protesters from entering buildings, roads

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew on Friday issued an order that will ban entry to 12 places and government offices, as indicated in his earlier announcements.

Adul invoked his authority as the operations chief of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order in issuing the ban, which will apply to all members of the public who do not have prior permission from officials to enter the specified areas.

He also prohibited protesters from entering 25 roads and a bridge.

The places off-limits to the public are:

1) Government House

2) Parliament

3) The Interior Ministry

4) The Energy Ministry (Energy Complex on Vibhavadi-Rangsit road).

5) The Government Complex

6) CAT Telecom headquarters

7) TOT Plc headquarters

8) Thaicom headquarters in Nonthaburi

9) Thaicom satellite control centre in Ladlumkaew

10) CAT Telecom Internet and Data Communication Service Centre (Bang Rak).

11) Aeronautical Radio of Thailand.

12) The Police Club

13) Government offices, state enterprises, local administrations, and other government offices as well as courts and independent organisations.

The roads to be off-limits are:

1. Ratchasima Road from the Suan Ruenruedee to Prachakasem intersections of

2. Phitsanulok Road from the Wang Daeng to Yommarat intersections

3. Uthong Nai Road from the Uthong Nai intersection to the Royal Plaza area behind the Rama V statue

4. Likit Road

5. Rama V Road from Orathai Bridge to Sukothai intersection

6. Sukhothai Road from the Suan Ruenruedee to Sukhothai intersections

7. Ratvithee Road from intersections of Karn Ruen to Ratvithee

8. Rajdamnoen Klang Road from Kok Wue intersection, Rajdamnoen Nok Road to the Praroop intersection.

9. Luk Luang Road from Visukamnarueman to Tevakam Bridges

10. Pichai Road from Kattiyanee intersection to Ratvithee Road

11. Nakhon Sawan Road from the Phitsanulok intersection to Devakham Bridge

12. Ayutthaya Road from the Wat Benjamabophit intersection to Pon 1.

13. Nakhon Pathom Road

14. Krung Kasem Road from the Prachakasem intersection to Thevakam

15. Silom Road from the Saladaeng to Saladaeng the Silom -Narathiwat intersection.

16. Rama IV Road from the Samyan to the Wireless Road intersections

17. Ratchadamri Road from the Saladaeng to the Pratunam intersections

18. Ploenchit Road from Ratchaprasong to Chidlom intersections

19. Rama I Road from the Charoenphol to the Ratchaprasong intersections

20. Phayathai Road from the Pathumwan to Samyan intersections.

21. Ratchadaphisek Road from the Asoke to the Asoke-Phetchaburi intersections.

22. Sukhumvit Road from the Nana intersection to Sukhumvit Soi 19

23. Rajvithee Road from the Tukchai to Din Daeng intersections

24. Phaholyothin Road from the Lat Phrao to Kamphaeng Phet intersections.

25. Chaeng Wattana Road from the Lak Si to Chaeng Wattana Soi 14 intersections.

26. Rama VIII Bridge.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-01-24

Oh and that's really going to work.. All I have seen of late are sheep grazing on the bitumen collecting their 500 baht per day from their grass containers!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i beleive the report mixes the term public with protester. banning the public from this area would be banning tourists from their hotels and people from acces to their homes and businesses.

that said im taking my kid rollerskating on sukhumvit first chance i get.

Hey, I love it!

Now the CMPO (stands for Communist Malaysian Party/Overlords?) finally is toeing the line and does the work of Khun Suthep.

So many places out of bounds, so many roads blocked to normal traffic,- what a healthy laugh!

And the police is not allowed to disband the demonstrations, so we got both sides now working against the government. Hillarious.

With the police blocking traffic, the protesters can now concentrate on welcoming the farmers from the North and Isaan, who start to arrive in Bangkok. Taksin, eat your heart out, you mis-calculated the whole thing!

With the advance elections on Sunday no alcohol from Saterday 6PM to Sunday 12PM I think rolleyes.gif

Doesn't apply in Bangkok or surrounds I think. More intended for O/seas Thais. Could be wrong so stock up or sober up!

Doesn't apply in Bangkok or surrounds I think. More intended for O/seas Thais. Could be wrong so stock up or sober up!

Advance elections are for those who registered in time and let it be known they'd like to vote in another district than the one their 'household registration book' places them.

Election time, therefor all need a clear head and no sale of alcohol allowed for 24 hours or so. In lots of cases sale start again after about 6PM, but officially it's till 12PM. Some 'establishments' may not open. Even mom&pop shops may be reluctant to sell to you, but from evening a bottle wrapped in a newspaper can do biggrin.png

PS I'm talking about Bangkok. In the boondocks and deep in the jungle the police may be more 'lenient'wink.png

I just had a look at the pictures above.

I believe government said there were only a few hundred protesters?

I doubt very much that is a current picture. Could have been taken a while ago, at the start of the protests 2 weeks ago.

Dunno about the dates of those photos... But this one was from tonight at Asoke.

post-58284-0-39644100-1390576518_thumb.j

Interesting.

There are those on here, of the pimpernel persuasion, that claim he's been through the mincer in them

Unlike Abhisit, he has never turned up to the court to hear the charges - he has been summoned twice by the court, but each time he sends his lawyer to say "I'm too busy"

I think you're very wrong here.

I'm not his defender. But he has been to the court

Your plan isn't working to good. The thugs are all over the city closing down government officers and CMPO isn't doing a dam_n thing about it. All talk no action. Worthless bunch of idiots.

Yes, PTP will have to get their men in black back in the game - like last time.

Reports from Dubai say T is really pissed off with his sister. I wonder why, perhaps because his "chums" from Cambodia got caught with grenade passing......

That's incorrect. K. Suthep already went at least two times to hear 'pre-meditated' murder charges.

But when suthep was in the hearing, he did not listen

I guess this means members of the public going to Thai Immigration offices at Chaeng Wattana (if it reopens at some point) or elsewhere is now illegal -- unless "allowed by officials"???? tongue.png

The Nation posting above doesn't say it, but presumably, this order only applies to those areas in and around BKK covered by the "State of Emergency."

A so called "State of Emergency" which is actually illegal.