Protester who vandalized police’s name plate was found shot dead

Lite Beer

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, let me clarify that. Certainly it could be possible that a group of rogue police officers were responsible. But I very much doubt they were under order from their superior officers. Because firstly the offence wasn't that great, and secondly, the police are under strict orders not to provoke violence. But I can totally understand the average police officer, and the hatred they feel towards these fascist thugs.

So you empathize with policemen that would murder someone over a vandalized sign and the other guys are the facists thugs? OoooooK....

Understand is not the same as empathize. Yes, they are fascists who intimidate and use violence. That is why I call them fascist thugs.

You are definitely confused. Take a harder look. Fascist might be closer to home. wink.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Front_for_Democracy_Against_Dictatorship

"Critics and opponents inside and outside Thailand often express the suspicion that the socially progressive platform and the organization as an independent NGO are only feigned to actually pursue the agenda of Thaksin and his entourage. The American freelance commentator Philip J. Cunningham even drew parallels of UDD's personalism, xenophobia, anti-gay sentiments and militance with Italian Fascism.[54]

The red shirt movement also publicly displays close and regular relations[55] with Cambodian prime minister Hun Sen, severely criticized for his political history (former Khmer Rouge captain, leader of the violent 1997 clashes in Cambodia) and accused by several NGOs, including Human Rights Watch,[56] of antidemocratic, corrupted and nepotic practices spread over his record-long mandate."

jeeezus, it was only a nameplate

It was more than that. Apparently, he also had threatened to kill people and do some other things.

I haven't seen the documentation of the assault, but it wasn't a case of coming up and twiddling with the item.

In fairness, we don't even know if the person assaulted was involved or if there was another reason for the shooting.

Really he threatened to kill people and 'do some other things'.

First we've heard of it. Post a link would you?

One of my colleagues has pointed out to me that this wasn't one of the protestors assaulting the police outside the compound. Rather, the deceased is alleged to have been part of the crowd that attacked the police headquarters, vandalizing the sign and chanting abuse and threats at the police officers. The chanting was broadcast by the media and now several of the blogs are recounting the story along with his gruesome dead image.

This is him allegedly still alive

64579_510124722434336_33293298_n-1.jpg?w

Edited by geriatrickid

Many posters should get ashamed of their hatred toward police.

They were proved wrong and I would love to see if they can at least once reckon their mistake and ask sorry for their insults and speculations.

Likewise, many posters should be ashamed of their hatred toward anti-government protestors.

They were proved wrong and I would love to see if they can at least once recognize their mistake and apologise for their insults and speculations.

Indeed both extreme posts are a pain for this forum. Like you said in another post, this thread is 100+posts of insults toward police, anti-govmt protesters and "I'm right, you're wrong" posts... Pure trash.

And now starts the police blame game from the yellow brown shirts.

Come on now. Of course the police are suspects because of his suspected vandalism. Of course someone else may have killed him. We don't know anything about this guy yet, and probably never will. It will just fade away.

Condolences for family and friends. It's always a tragedy when someone dies.

Apparently he wasn't in Bangkok when the police HQ sign was vandalized:

แก้วมาลา Kaewmala @Thai_Talk 25m

Relatives of PDRC protester shot dead in Ratchburi today, said he was not in BKK at time of Police HQ signage destruction. via @joe_black317

แก้วมาลา Kaewmala @Thai_Talk 18m

Suppakan Yoobanyong, aka "Maew Baanrai" of Muang Ratchburi, used to join PDRC in BKK. He was influential locally. Shot dead. via @can_nw

Seh Daeng's nephew was also shot dead in Ratchburi last Friday while riding on his motorcycle. No reason that the two events are related - just thought it was an odd coincidence.

Dont even bother Emptyset, all the TV posters know why and who. Dont know how they possibly could, but, they just do. As per usual.

For a sign?

<deleted>....

A sign that was put up with much pomp and ceremony, presided over by the now-deceased Supreme Patriarch. The police took its symbolic value very seriously. The protesters would have known this, and got carried away, destroying in in full view of numerous cameras.

I'm not justifying retaliation (if indeed that is what this is), but just saying that from a Thai viewpoint, this was one of the more serious breaches of 'etiquette' the protesters could have committed.

• Like 1

Just posted in the news thread:

RT@Thai_Talk: Relatives of PDRC protester shot dead in Ratchburi today, said he was not in BKK at time of Police HQ signage destruction. via @joe_black317

Amazing if this guy was marked and executed for something he didn't even participate in.

Or - could have been an entirely different set of circumstances that led to his demise.

Sometimes I am just gobsmacked by ThaiVisa - two pages of crap and speculation within 39 minutes of this news being posted.

The protestor got what he deserved??? <deleted>?

I think you might well be on the right track when you say an entirely different set of circumstances. Without wishing to speculate, assassinations are not an uncommon way of settling business disputes in Thailand.

And this just posted today.

Assassinated 'Gangster' Not Anti-Govt Protester: Police

I was right all along. There was an entirely different set of circumstances.

Once again,gobsmacked. Even though I am not a fan of the boys in brown, I can't believe the amount of hatred and venom being spewed here against the Royal Thai Police.

• Like 1

Actually, let me clarify that. Certainly it could be possible that a group of rogue police officers were responsible. But I very much doubt they were under order from their superior officers. Because firstly the offence wasn't that great, and secondly, the police are under strict orders not to provoke violence. But I can totally understand the average police officer, and the hatred they feel towards these fascist thugs.

So you empathize with policemen that would murder someone over a vandalized sign and the other guys are the facists thugs? OoooooK....

The lessons from 30's Italy and Germany is that fascism and extremism should be fought at every level as hard as possible.

It is a very serious Power grab going on here and the stakes are high on each side. Long way out of Bangkok for the Police to have trailed him. Maybe he pissed of somebody else. They certainly are an arrogant violent mob and no surrpise if they behave like this with everybody they meet.

Should Suthep get in power, it virtually means the country splits and there was even a serious article yesterday about Governing from chiang Mai!!! It means a mass uprising against the peoples council (in what ever form that takes) and behind the scenes plotting to oust it. Get this idiot in prison and the country may have a chance.

Not everybody bows down before dictators. Those who do, only strengthen them and appear cowardly (Dems, Courts, Media, "Intellects :) "

I know the coup-mongers will be all up in the air about this and play the holier-than-thou card, plus who the perps were is anybody's guess....However, even in well policed societies it is generally known by the criminal element, that messing with the police personally, is risky......Not that this is anywhere close, but someone who kills or injures a policeman better make tracks, and fast. Revenge may be slow in coming, but come it will....The Police are a fraternity of brothers in the end. You mess with one, you mess with them all.

That said, I wont stoop to the level of those who expressed a gleeful reaction to the shooting of UDD/RS leader Kwanchai, in the case of this tragedy.

Unless you have the good fortune to be the son/grandson of a very wealthy family which just happens to be the owners of Red Bull!!

Then you don't have to flee or watch your back..

• Like 1

56 year old student.

Backs up the governments assertion all along that these are middle aged hired guns... These thugs have spread terror in Bangkok... Now they must live their lives looking over their shoulders.

Network of Students and People for Thailand’s Reform.

Which bit about "and People" in the above name is hard for you to understand? Students and People - you see now?

Good try to spin everything through the red tinted glasses though, and picked up a considerable number of likes. Still, why worry about the facts.

Interesting that you accuse the caretaker government of running death squads though.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 2

The lessons from 30's Italy and Germany is that fascism and extremism should be fought at every level as hard as possible.

It is a very serious Power grab going on here and the stakes are high on each side. Long way out of Bangkok for the Police to have trailed him. Maybe he pissed of somebody else. They certainly are an arrogant violent mob and no surrpise if they behave like this with everybody they meet.

Should Suthep get in power, it virtually means the country splits and there was even a serious article yesterday about Governing from chiang Mai!!! It means a mass uprising against the peoples council (in what ever form that takes) and behind the scenes plotting to oust it. Get this idiot in prison and the country may have a chance.

Not everybody bows down before dictators. Those who do, only strengthen them and appear cowardly (Dems, Courts, Media, "Intellects smile.png "

Dictators - that would be people like Hun Set, Mugabe, Castro, Mao, Stalin and numerous former Eastern Bloc soviet style despots then? You know, the ones who pretend to be really fighting for the rights of the poor and the masses whilst really grabbing everything for themselves.

One party state democracy, presidents for life, offshore very large bank accounts - the lessons from much more recent times.

And, yes, fighting against this type of parasite should be hard.

• Like 1

I know the coup-mongers will be all up in the air about this and play the holier-than-thou card, plus who the perps were is anybody's guess....However, even in well policed societies it is generally known by the criminal element, that messing with the police personally, is risky......Not that this is anywhere close, but someone who kills or injures a policeman better make tracks, and fast. Revenge may be slow in coming, but come it will....The Police are a fraternity of brothers in the end. You mess with one, you mess with them all.

That said, I wont stoop to the level of those who expressed a gleeful reaction to the shooting of UDD/RS leader Kwanchai, in the case of this tragedy.

He MIGHT be the one that vandalized the police's name plate. Propaganda master boppe makes it: but someone who kills or injures a policeman better make tracks, and fast. Revenge may be slow in coming, but come it will....The Police are a fraternity of brothers in the end. You mess with one, you mess with them all.

And boppe is the same guy that preaches respect for democracy and the rule of law all over this forum.... Amazing.

• Like 1

How are police special in this way? You can say the same about tuk-tuk drivers. I think saying something like this would happen from a police officer in another country is ludicrous. (If it was even done by the police) Sure, perhaps in SE Asia. But in most civilized societies I know, the perpetrator would realistically get a fine at most. Killing a cop, yeah...different story.

It's very interesting who can be behind this murder... coffee1.gif Good that our precious police step up so quick to carry on with investigation cheesy.gif

The sign was not just any police sign, if people do a little research then they would know this sign has great significants to Thai people because of a significant person who presented it, and a significant monk who blessed it,

It is irreplaceable, unfortunately this guy who should have known better.

Now time to find the shooter and who ordered the hit...

Edited by aussieinthailand

Is anyone surprised by this ? im certainly not. Tragic as always but you play with fire you will get burned, he messed with the RTP badge and quite possibly was seen as a gross insult to both the police and king, very likely to end up with Thai style response, to the head

Keep defending the indefensible, it's quite clear that Red Shirt / PTP democracy is done through violence, intimidation and murder. It's all there in the history.

Don't forget, there has been nine deaths since Suthep and the protesters started their protesting. I am not standing up for the red shirts, but the killings and violence are not just caused by them.

56 year old student.

Backs up the governments assertion all along that these are middle aged hired guns... These thugs have spread terror in Bangkok... Now they must live their lives looking over their shoulders.

What are you wittering on about, can your read? He vandalised a police sign and there is no mention of him having any weapons. He was then shot and killed by some total low life who deserves to locked up for the duration. I take it that you would approve if that was carried out in you own country?

For a sign?

<deleted>....

A sign that was put up with much pomp and ceremony, presided over by the now-deceased Supreme Patriarch. The police took its symbolic value very seriously.

Just to bring you up to date, but the murder victim was not one of the protesters that vandalized the police sign.

Interesting about the background, though.

It would have been good if the police had taken the value of the Supreme Patriarch more seriously when the red shirts stormed Chulalongkarn Hospital that necessitated the medical evacuation and endangering the life of said Supreme Patriarch, who was bed-ridden there at the time.

The police inaction at the time spoke loud and clear to just how much value they put on the Supreme Patriarch's life. It was a message repeated to me from several Thais then about how furious they were with the police.

Edited by tsnyder
  • Like 1