Protester who vandalized police’s name plate was found shot dead

Lite Beer

Yes being able to speak with the Thais would have been helpful .. but I was actually walking back on the skywalk which was surprisingly deserted Despite the huge crowd on the road (from the Centara Hotel to ChitLom BTS) and considering the easy view of the central character. I did however speak with two Thais prior to leaving the hotel - and they were not supportive of the protests ...nor Thaksin - mainly due to the effect it was having on the hotel itself. (surrounded by protestors - the poor occupancy was killing their business and they had a 700 delegate conference planned in March just cancelled). The point I was only really making was I was surprised that the Thais were posing in front of a defaced RTF seal directly beneath a very large picture of the revered Head of the RTF in ceremonial uniform...and that none of the previous news footage had shown what that pedestal supported.

I would guess however that the 21 vandals who defiled those Royal seals and signage were positively identified would be a little nervous... but then looking positively and using logic I am sure if they came back with a couple of garlands a Mai Pen Rai should sort out any residual bad feelings and all will be forgiven. Interestingly it was from that same gate 4 years ago that 40 police women formed a human shield to evacuate many hundreds of Red street protestors who sought refuge in Wat Pathum Wanaram after the Red leaders disbanded the protests to avoid further bloodshed. There were 6 protesters including a Red Cross worker administering First Aid were shot dead directly opposite this sign during 2010 by gunmen firing from the skytrain tracks which the Criminal court ruling found had been the Military. I am not very well read but I found the reference under google images "wat shooting 2010..(The Bangkok learning post link can't be used here).. anyway Tsnyder I appreciate your view and value your interpretation of logic - where in these times of unrest it seems somewhat lacking.

Edited by Bkk Cruiser

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images