Pet peeves with CM forum---what are your's?

neilrob

You might think this topic is complaining about the mindless posts that are all too common, or maybe the moronic topics, like Back to Promenada (how could a zero content post like this ever get 67 replies?) But those are too obvious targets---everyone complains about those. No, my pet peeves are:

- People who post questions like "where can I find a blue something or other in a small size? or "how can I get to..." Then, when posters answer the question, the OP does not have the common courtesy to respond. He or she never bothers to say thank you or post that they indeed found what they were looking for. My rough count is that about 50% of posters of such topics are polite and follow up, while the other 50% don't apparently know basic manners.

- People who have avatars which flicker in such a distracting way that their posts are unreadable. CMfoodie and Haybilly come to mind.

So what are your pet peeves?

We love everyone here as carnally as serendipity and our aged meat-package's hormones permit.

We continually feel we are in the presence of illuminated masters and mistresses who have turned-down their radiance to dim out of compassion for others who are even dimmer.

Every post here is a flagon of ineffable cosmic nectar we drool over while quaffing.

I and I have learned to live with the fact that we are the only sane person here.

Ching ching. wub.png

~o:37;

In other words, not enough pizzaburger threads.

• Like 2

Maybe a bucketful of members should lighten up and warm to the humour and cynicism on many of these threads......which are in fairness pathetic and non sensical.

I do try to get a smile though I feel its only apprec.....understood, by the Brits.

• Like 1

Can you show me on this thread where you came back and advised that you had found what you were looking for, or not ?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/409587-anyone-know-a-good-glass-shop/

I want to change the mosquito screen in some windows to glass instead. These are teak framed windows. I am looking for a glass shop to do this. I would like to take the windows in and have them make the change, rather than just have them cut glass to size and I have to install it. I also need some panes cut to size for some other applications. I hope to find a shop that I can rely on to do a good, neat job. I'd be grateful for any recommendations. Thanks.
  • Like 2

It's not a peeve as such because I mostly find it funny, but people's obsession with the cost of everything, their disgust at the thought that some people might actually shop at the likes of Rimping or eat anything but Thai food and of course people taking the trouble to post here in order to moan about being 'overcharged' 10 baht.

1) people who rant and rave about western food that is priced double what it cost in the West. 2) people who refer to great thai street food as "rubbish," while they wonder why they have zero customers lining up to pay 250 thb for something that looks like Swanson TV dinners. 3) people who refuse to aknowledge that the west side bars have colder beer, prettier girls, fewer fights, better promotions/prices than their Loi Kroh/MM counterparts. 4) people, who claim all the thais are dishonest liars. 5) people who don't understand that almost all of the tuk-tuk drivers ARE dishonest liars, and the catalyst in many tourist related problems. 6) people who think a guy who brings a lady home is a threat to civilization, especially if the guy is a few years older (ok 20 or 30).

We love everyone here as carnally as serendipity and our aged meat-package's hormones permit.

We continually feel we are in the presence of illuminated masters and mistresses who have turned-down their radiance to dim out of compassion for others who are even dimmer.

Every post here is a flagon of ineffable cosmic nectar we drool over while quaffing.

I and I have learned to live with the fact that we are the only sane person here.

Ching ching. wub.png

~o:37;

This website and its many people/ personalities imo are akin to driving a car (any country). That is-

Anyone who drives slower than me is stupid.

Anyone who drives faster than me is an idiot.

Anyone who drives the same as me is a good person and I would be glad to help them if needed.

Peace out wai2.gif

Universal Philosopher of Absolute Reality

• Like 2

If you made all the above peeves into new forum rules then you may aswell close the site down.

Its all the peeving anomolies in everyones personalities that make this the most entertaining website going.

Thats for sure, its almost addictive. I have a look to see what is happening in town that I may or may not need to know about, then maybe see if I can help someone for some info. But mainly to see who the tosspot of the day is! crazy.gif

The secret to life is try not to be the tosspot, and I'll open the meeting by admitting sometimes I am....facepalm.gif

• Like 2

Those who demand that anyone who has less money than the poster return to their home country.

Due to a small lottery win and even smaller interest payment those few who have less money than me will know need to raise an extra £10.07 in order to remain in Chiang Mai ;)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app