PCAD spokesman can't promise protesters won't disrupt election

webfact

Spokesman Can't Promise Protesters Won't Disrupt Election
By Khaosod English

int.jpg
Mr. Ekkanat Prompan displaying the route of protesters' next demonstration

BANGKOK: -- The leaders of the anti-government protest movements will not disrupt the upcoming election, a spokesman has insisted.

Mr. Ekkanat Prompan, spokesman of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD), said that the despite the group′s opposition to the 2 February election, PCAD leaders have decided to let the election take place.

"We will not impede the advance-voting on 26 January and the actual election on 2 February," Mr. Ekkanat said.

His remark contradicted PCAD leader Suthep Thaugsuban who told the protesters yesterday that PCAD will employ every available means to disrupt the 2 February election. Mr. Suthep has previously demanded that an unelected "People′s Council" be established to implement "reforms" of Thai political system before any election can be held.

"I do not know the reason why he changed his mind," Mr. Ekkanat told reporters.

However, he said PCAD will still organise rallies and demonstrations on election days to stress their "reform before election" stance.

Mr. Ekkanat also hinted that individual protesters might stage activities to voice their opposition to the election on their own accord.

"We won′t prevent them from doing so, because it is their rights to express their beliefs," Mr. Ekkanat said, "But we will request that they stick to peaceful and non-violence principles".

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1EVTJNalU1Tmc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-25

I was going to bail on commentary, but changed my mind. Closing my eyes will not make the incoming train go away. The paradoxical tragedy of it is mind numbing and heartbreaking, and too important to ignore.

These newest reversals reverse the previous reversals (and according to the players the truth is retroactive).

blink.png

• Like 1

They are a bunch of lying thugs. I wouldn't believe a word they say. Suthep is a mad man who no one should trust.

Another fine example of copy and paste . . .

I reckon these Thaksinistas have spreadsheets full of gems like "fascist thug" "southern thug" "lying thug" etc. All distributed from a central location.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

They are a bunch of lying thugs. I wouldn't believe a word they say. Suthep is a mad man who no one should trust.

I reckon these Thaksinistas have spreadsheets full of gems like "fascist thug" "southern thug" "lying thug" etc. All distributed from a central location.

Thai Spot! I am very disappointed in you!!rolleyes.gif

How can you forget, the signature: Thugs on drugs!!w00t.gif

• Like 2

"PCAD leaders have decided to let the elections take place"

Not bad coming from an organisation with no official standing!!bah.gif

I see that Suthep doesn't agree, so maybe they have decided to share the workload??

Suthep are intimidating the voters, whilst Ekkanat takes care of the schools, mosques and cultural institutions!!

As I have as much authority as the PCAD, I just want to let you know, I have decided to let the elections to take place!coffee1.gif

• Like 2

"His remark contradicted PCAD leader Suthep Thaugsuban who told the protesters yesterday that PCAD will employ every available means to disrupt the 2 February election. Mr. Suthep has previously demanded that an unelected "People′s Council" be established to implement "reforms" of Thai political system before any election can be held."

Is this not typical of suthep and his thugs? One says one thing tand the other says something just the opposite. And you people following him know what you are doing???????? No you dont.

• Like 1

I like your comment. I really do. It really shoes me alot. But they are coming from on central location - suthep's mouth.

It must be next to the other central location where the Suthep worshipers get their hep-handy answers to any comment that might be opposing their anti democracy stance. "Yingluck is Thaksin's puppet" "and what about the red shirts when they set fire to BKK in 2010" etc etc ...barf

• Like 1

Yes it would have SAVED A LOT OF MONEY to the country to do the reform before election but it is too late for that!

The real goal is, as a first step, eradicate the Thaksin regime before, during or after the election!

The second step being, implementing reforms to make our country a REAL DEMOCRACY!

The third step is to vote honestly for a new house of representative and government.

• Like 1

Who is the fool, the fool himself or the ones who follow him. Sad to say when it comes to this but it's evident that western countries produce individuals with intellect and Thailand produces sheep.

Many of the protests in Thailand are conducted by megalomaniacs and people follow them out of greed or of a boring nightlife and they don't sacrifice even one minute to contemplate on the consequences their actions will have. Every time there is something they don´t like, they burn tyres, start fires, block airports even take hostages. While there is no respect for the law and one can actually sympthasize with that, since the law is not enforced, there are just some things that is a big no no... like running over a cop with a car.

Most locals want to have better education and even welfare yet there is a large number if not a majority that won´t pay tax. You will always get people like Thaksin or Suthep but that's not the real issue is it now... it's how many that will follow them. This is the root of all evil.

Frankly I cannot see this ending in a good way. Really sad to see a country with so much potential being ruined by people who don't understand that they can have what they wish for if they work for it, not protest every time they have a small issue with the decision of the government.

Edited by maxme

If the PCAD sticks to the line of non-interference, that will serve this situation the best, rather than to play into the hands of the administration and give them a reason for hard-ball tactics. Indeed, this administration is on track towards defeat from a number of standpoints already :

- the election will produce a quorum-less parliament

- even if the election is delayed no court in the land will grant a perpetual caretaker administration legislative powers

- the army will not allow the police to apply force to the protesters, and will protect them if attacked through " third parties "

- the courts will almost certainly bring this administration to an end, as the sea of cases pursued are profound

• Like 1

Are you jealous?

Can't say I'm jealous, no, I put some thought into what I post (most of the time) unlike some.

Are you jealous?

He just can't stand anyone have a different opinion then him.

Says the man who blocks people that don't agree with him and when he can't put forward a rational argument himself. More hypocrisy. Classic.

Yes it would have SAVED A LOT OF MONEY to the country to do the reform before election but it is too late for that!

The real goal is, as a first step, eradicate the Thaksin regime before, during or after the election!

The second step being, implementing reforms to make our country a REAL DEMOCRACY!

The third step is to vote honestly for a new house of representative and government.

Democracy is worth far more than money.

The real goal is to put the Suthep's backers in power again.

He didn't do reforms when he was last in power. and can't state what his reforms are now.

He cannot permit a fair vote because he loses those.

At the last election Abhisit suggested that the vote should be weighted to favor his party as punishment for the protests.

So any reform would likely be some undemocratic vote rigging scheme.

The last election, Yingluk won by a large majority, even under the 2006 coup constitution, even though Suthep was in government, even though the press is yellowshirt.

She won seats that were previously yellow, their own voters rejected them in their own seats.

He is a pol-pot figure, closing schools, stopping elections, and trying to take Thailand back to year zero.

He lies about the numbers of his supporters.

He was able to block elections in the south so easily, so now I doubt his winning vote count in the south.

Now that we've done with the mindless propaganda point scoring, can you actually write a comment and argue your case?

• Like 1

Thai people who would like to vote on Feb 2 can do so, former village head Suthep says, but they may just have to pass a gang of hackling and potentially violent yellow mobsters ...

Perhaps this is just the lastest plan to trigger violence and a military coup?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

This is a very clever strategy being played out now the the CC has passed the buck back to Yingluck and the EC, they need to make a decision and they need to make it fast. They don't have the luxury of laying down conditions, because they won't be accepted by the protest leaders or the Dem party. They need the rice money fast and that is still up in the air at the moment with an influx of legal challenges still threatening to close that door. Also a sword of Damaclese hanging over the heads of cabinet ministers and the PTP which can be dissolved without notice.

Then the PDRC and PCAD sending out very deliberately mixed and confusing signals just to make that decision much tougher. Just goes to prove that Yingluck is just too easy to be manipulated psychologically by anyone who wants to. Not great statesman material, but then again she never was. She must have been really shit at chess.

It is almost like they want her to make the decision of pressing ahead with the elections because the rice payments are likely to be stopped by legal challenges before they really begin. The clock is ticking and of course, the elections will be hampered, maybe they will allow the advance vote tomorrow just to give that little extra confidence to Yingluck to step into the trap. Then come Feb 2nd, the protesters will not even approach a polling booth, they will simply deploy bodies to sit down on every road leading to a polling station and not move in a 'peaceful' protest, thus blocking entry to potentially dozens of polling station areas. Add this to the seats that won't have candidates and those who don't have staff or even polling facilities. Then we have a recipe for a disaster which will serve to put Yingluck in the clown seat once again for the world media to laugh at.

Thai Spot! I am very disappointed in you!!rolleyes.gif

How can you forget, the signature: Thugs on drugs!!w00t.gif

You clearly think intimidating people so they don't vote is very amusing. How is "fascist" and "thug" not an accurate description of that behaviour?

This is a very clever strategy being played out now the the CC has passed the buck back to Yingluck and the EC, they need to make a decision and they need to make it fast. They don't have the luxury of laying down conditions, because they won't be accepted by the protest leaders or the Dem party. They need the rice money fast and that is still up in the air at the moment with an influx of legal challenges still threatening to close that door. Also a sword of Damaclese hanging over the heads of cabinet ministers and the PTP which can be dissolved without notice.

Then the PDRC and PCAD sending out very deliberately mixed and confusing signals just to make that decision much tougher. Just goes to prove that Yingluck is just too easy to be manipulated psychologically by anyone who wants to. Not great statesman material, but then again she never was. She must have been really shit at chess.

It is almost like they want her to make the decision of pressing ahead with the elections because the rice payments are likely to be stopped by legal challenges before they really begin. The clock is ticking and of course, the elections will be hampered, maybe they will allow the advance vote tomorrow just to give that little extra confidence to Yingluck to step into the trap. Then come Feb 2nd, the protesters will not even approach a polling booth, they will simply deploy bodies to sit down on every road leading to a polling station and not move in a 'peaceful' protest, thus blocking entry to potentially dozens of polling station areas. Add this to the seats that won't have candidates and those who don't have staff or even polling facilities. Then we have a recipe for a disaster which will serve to put Yingluck in the clown seat once again for the world media to laugh at.

She'll simply point to the PDRC's refusal to guarantee elections as proof a future election would be no different and continue with this one.

If the Democrats want to dump Suthep and go back to democracy, now is there chance, but they need to come out quickly and without any ambiguity. A proper "we will run in the new election" stance.

Suthep's PDRC isn't a political party and he won't run for election, so he can never be pro-democracy at this point.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 2

Yes, I hate these regurgitated, copy-n-paste phrases too like..."needs his ear medicine" and "probably gone shopping" and "the puppet master in Dubai" and "red terrorists" and....

• Like 2

Where might someone find these plans so their merit can be evaluated? I am particularly interested in step 2 and who chooses the people's council members, the criteria for determining who sits on it, the election reform plans that remove corruption, etc.

• Like 2