Removing lime scale from washing machine

murni

That's a great domestic tip. How about for cleaning the brown water marks on the toilet. In uk could by bags of soda crystals and worked a treat but the water here is filthy by comparison.

Here in Thailand you can buy soda fiy at any hardware store. Same thing as soda crystals.

Seems like most of the vinegar (except for the imported vinegar in glass bottles) in the grocery stores is artificial these days. I've often wondered what the real difference is between artificial vs "real."

• Like 2

For those impossible stains in the dunny bowl..... pour in a bottle of bleach....... let it sit for couple of hours then flush.... good as new. thumbsup.gif

Do not pour bleach in the toilet as it will kill the bacteria in the septic tank and cause problems.

I don't think you can buy bleach in Thailand anymore. I used to buy it and use a little on my white clothes. But after not seeing it on the shelf for a long time I asked the Store Manager why. He told me that the Thai Government banded its use in Thailand and he was not allowed to sell it anymore. I guess for the reason you stated.

Don't know how true this is but this is what I have been told. But maybe there are still some bottle kicking around some place.

I bought bleach a few weeks ago at Lotus Tesco. I also use it to clean the toilets about 2-3 times a year. It don't use anywhere near a whole bottle though. I also pour a small amount down the sinks and drains to clear up any smells. Again, 2-3 times a year seems to be plenty. I am in the city and do not have a septic tank.

Edited by roger1999

For those impossible stains in the dunny bowl..... pour in a bottle of bleach....... let it sit for couple of hours then flush.... good as new. thumbsup.gif

Do not pour bleach in the toilet as it will kill the bacteria in the septic tank and cause problems.

I don't think you can buy bleach in Thailand anymore. I used to buy it and use a little on my white clothes. But after not seeing it on the shelf for a long time I asked the Store Manager why. He told me that the Thai Government banded its use in Thailand and he was not allowed to sell it anymore. I guess for the reason you stated.

Don't know how true this is but this is what I have been told. But maybe there are still some bottle kicking around some place.

Why would bleach be banned? Are the kids drinking it? lol...Bleach is readily available at everywhere.

Edited by Jeffrey346

Haiter is Thai bleach, available everywhere in pink plastic bottles.

I wouldn't recommend putting bleach in the toilet bowl as it takes the enamel off resulting in more frequent staining. I put a Steradent (denture cleaning tablet) down and that lifts the stains off. Also good for cleaning stained teacups.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I bought bleach a few weeks ago at Lotus Tesco. I also use it to clean the toilets about 2-3 times a year. It don't use anywhere near a whole bottle though. I also pour a small amount down the sinks and drains to clear up any smells. Again, 2-3 times a year seems to be plenty. I am in the city and do not have a septic tank.

I've been looking for bleach for more than 1 year. What does the bottle look like at Lotus Tasco, please.

I've been looking for bleach for more than 1 year. What does the bottle look like at Lotus Tasco, please.

Looks like this...

http://www.kao.com/th/product/haiter/haiter.html

Post 16.

• Like 1

Someone asked where to get synthetic vinegar. It's typically in the sauce section of supermarkets, nam som in Thai and usually has artificial vinegar written in English on the bottle. You have to get the tone right on the som or you may be sent off to the fruit juice section for orange juice...!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I've used bleach in the toilet & drains for years. I have a ceptic tank & never had a problem. No need to use the whole bottle. Pour under rim, let it run down & leave overnight before flushing.

I find that that the wife cleaning it about once a month works fine.

don't know if you can get it here in Thailand but I used to get a package of Tang orange juice crystals in Canada and once a month use them instead of soap in my dish washer no dishes in it. Kept it spotless. Don't know if it would work in a washing machine but I would be willing to try Vinegar with out any clothes in it. That is if the granddaughter ever gives it back. I don't think it matters if it is real or fake maybe a difference in price.smile.png

As for Bleach fowling up the septic tank over the years it will do so.

• Like 1

Seems like most of the vinegar (except for the imported vinegar in glass bottles) in the grocery stores is artificial these days. I've often wondered what the real difference is between artificial vs "real."

The grocery store vinegar ... i.e., food grade ... is not artificial or synthetic. The cheap stuff is made from grains like corn and wheat which are of low quality ... vs. the traditional apple or other fruit vinegars.

Personally I'd never use the low-quality grain-derived vinegar on my food, but I keep a gallon under my sink for cleaning purposes. For cleaning I only want/need the vinegar's acetic acid which is a great cleansing agent ... esp. for dissolving alkaline lime.

Edited by HerbalEd