Mini Face Lift

Ulic

Please don't judge its up to her. whistling.giftongue.pngfacepalm.gifcheesy.gif

My 80 year old mother is visiting me here in Thailand for a couple of months and would like to get a mini face lift before returning to

Canada. She has asked me to research some options for her. She would like it done , but does not want to spend a fortune.

Can anyone recommend a hospital/clinic that they have used, or a friend has used, and the surgeon's name. Also what cost she

can expect to pay. While my brothers say don't be silly, stop spending our inheritance, I say its up to her. She is having a wonderful

trip and would love to go home with a revitalized face. Thanks in advance for any recommendations and advice.

Staying in Jomtien so near hear or Bangkok would be best. thumbsup.gif

What exactly does she mean by a "mini-face lift" ? The term is used for various things, some of which are non-surgical e.g. thermage, aptos threads etc.

If what she means is surgery she will have a lot of trouble finding a surgeon willing to do this on a woman her age -- the risks are just too high.

She does mean surgery, she is in excellent health, swimming twice a day and doing 15-20 lengths of the pool each session.

She worked as an nurse in cardiovascular intensive care until and 70. Travels around the world, young at heart I guess.

• Like 1

Still likely to be hard to convince a surgeon. Anyhow see this thread re a doc in your area who does "mini" face lifts. Note that the prices mentioned are all 2 years old so likely now higher.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/572185-my-thailand-facelift-experience/?hl=%2Bface+%2Blift+%2Bphyathai

Thanks for that link. She can sit down with the surgeon and check out her options. If he say no that is certainly

fine with me.

why not a set of new tits, while you are at it

Well she did have a lump-ectomy a few years ago and she was very self conscious in her bathing suit

with two different sized boobs so the government health care said they would cover the corrective surgery.

The Doctor asked if she wanted the small boob bigger or the big boob smaller. She chose the reduction

so she does have new tits already, just not the ones you would be interested in. tongue.png

You dont have to look young here in t-land,

even 80+ tourists can do things here as if they were 18 y !

You only need money ,nothing else,so simple !

She is looking at getting it done purely for herself. Not trolling for a boyfriend or husband. Doesn't keep her

plan a secret from family of friends. Just wants to look her best for 80 and does not like the smile

wrinkles she sees in the mirror.

BKK-Pattaya hospital.Cant remember the doctor`s name,though.I am 70,younglooking,but wanted to have a facelift anyway.The doctor showed me in front of a mirror,why it was not a good idea,since my skin has lost much of it`s elasticity,which would make the whole procedure difficult and probably not give a good result.If I insisted to go ahead and do it,he promised to do his very best,but he advised against doing it.Very honest doctor and I could see his point.Very thankful to him;saved me money,pain and disapointment!!Regarding the price,much cheaper than I had imagined...

That's Cool!

My Grandfather used to drive a 100cc Motor Bike around town with a Russian Helmet on until he was 83 Years Old, and got tired of that. So he stepped up to a Honda 500cc so he could go faster.

Your Mom does realize that this procedure is very dangerous. Especially at her age. They say it knocks 10 years off your face but not sure there is much difference between being 80 Years Old, or 70?

Anyway, I would just tell her you love the way she looks now and.....get her a Motor Bike with German Helmet instead.

• Like 1

My suggestion, make sure you interview the doctor, if it's at a Thai style 'Clinic' take a good look at the setup of the building, ask about aftercare and timeline for resuming activities. When can fly back home on jetplane. Talk to people who have had 'work' done ask to look at it. Was the 'doc' a real artist or a hack.

I've accompanied a few local Thai friends and extended family members who've used the cosmetic 'clinics' to get their eyes, nose, ears, chin, whatever done. ฿5,000 per ears, ฿7,000 per eyelid... Cheap, yes. Me recommending anyone do this at a Thai style 'clinic', no way.

The 'doctor' usually works up to six clinic sites within a week.

Pain medication was only given during the procedure. Only SaRa for pain management.

No real instructions given to patient for wound care, cleaning or medication to minimize scar formation.

Told to clean and replace gauze. Not given clean gauze or told what type to buy or how to apply.

Nurse calls patient mobile phone once to check on care.

Patient told to use local hospital or clinic to have stitches removed.

If there's an issue, like eyes or ears now don't match, make an second appointment after 6-month healing period finished.

The 'clinic' I visited was a large 2-story house under constant construction with a couple of rooms and a bathroom set aside for the procedures. Downstair the accompanying visitors were invited to make themselves papaya pokpok (somtam, green papaya salad). After an hour or so you take the person back home to sleep for the next few weeks.

Maybe cosmetic surgery really isn't a big deal and people in the west just blow it out of proportion so the docs can make a quick fortune. Maybe.

I just let the Thais do what the Thais want to do. A thirteen year old niece wants to get her eyes and nose and chin done and Thai parents give her money for it. "I'm not Thai, I no can understand." That's for sure.

I've been told Bungmungrad Hospital, BKK is THE place to go if you are serious about submitting yourself to surgery.

Does anyone know the name of Surgeons who have the high reputation there in these procedures? Thanks anyone in advance.

(1) this is nonsense. There is no hospital where all the doctors are the best. You should pick the surgeon, not the hospital.

(2) At Bumrungrad, for face lift, Dr. Amorn Poomee is the best but he is also significantly more expensive than others.

I went to SK Clinic in Sala Dang and got great treatment and great results.

The price was the best I found for the treatment I had.

I am just a happy customer and NOT affiliated in any way.

I have recommended them to all my friends...only after they asked why I looked so much better.

Edited by IAMSOBAD

I saw Dr. Boong at SK Clinic off of Silom BTS at Sala Dang for Ultherapy and was amazed at the no pain procedure and great results. Many of my friends in BKK have gone with great results.

Edited by IAMSOBAD

Many clinics offer 'Thermage' treatments which can provide a mini face lift, without a knife or hospital trip.

I was actually going for Thermage when I googled and found that Ultherapy goes deeper and tightens much better and longer.

Google and see why the FDA approved it for outer and inner skin tightening.

All without pain or cutting.

In my experience the results from both Thermage and Ulthera are so subtle as not to be noticeable, and the treatments are painful. I note that many others say the same thing on online forums for cosmetic procedures.

And, they are expensive.

Properly done fillers (with or without botox depending on the face) on the other hand can do wonders.