Bars Closed? All Soi 22

kevinsan

I was told bars in Bangkok and

Pattaya were to be closed today. However, I was told Nana Plaza bars seem to be opening? (All second hand info)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

From what I heard, again second hand from an American friend who's a close friend of a high police official, all BKK bars (and of course 7-11 alcohol fridge) will be closed both Saturday and Sunday (until midnight Sunday) this weekend AND next weekend, regardless of whether the election goes ahead or not, as a "precautionary measure" (policeman's words) as a result of the declaration of the state of emergency. I have no idea about Pattaya, but hopefully you alcoholics will have something at home to tide you over until midnight Sunday when you can get stocked up again, otherwise it's the DT's for you...

I was told bars in Bangkok and

Pattaya were to be closed today. However, I was told Nana Plaza bars seem to be opening? (All second hand info)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

From what I heard, again second hand from an American friend who's a close friend of a high police official, all BKK bars (and of course 7-11 alcohol fridge) will be closed both Saturday and Sunday (until midnight Sunday) this weekend AND next weekend, regardless of whether the election goes ahead or not, as a "precautionary measure" (policeman's words) as a result of the declaration of the state of emergency. I have no idea about Pattaya, but hopefully you alcoholics will have something at home to tide you over until midnight Sunday when you can get stocked up again, otherwise it's the DT's for you...

it would be illegal to get stockd up at midnight on sunday

anyone caught in this emergency may have to wait until monday morning to get stocked up again

This ruling did not apply to everywhere in Bangkok. Obviously a number of venues were subjected to it.

I was at a hotel on Wireless Road tonight and alcohol was readily available. I know that a few hotels near Ratchraphrasong were not / will not be serving over the pre-election and election dates. Thankfully the friends I was visiting were staying at said hotel on Wireless Road, so a crisis was averted...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Next weekend too if the election is not delayed. Closed from 1800 the night before until 2400 on election days, everywhere, every election. Except some hidden Ma and Pa shops! I'm a Farang and I can't vote won't get you a beer!

The usual suspects are open as usual.

Spicy, Shock39, Swing (of course), Mixx and Climax.

Bash, Insanity, Mai Pang all shut

Family Mart will sell you booze if you're a regular. Just bought a bottle of Absolut.

Yes at 5.45am and no, you don't want to know why biggrin.png

Edited by HardenedSoul

This ruling did not apply to everywhere in Bangkok. Obviously a number of venues were subjected to it.

I was at a hotel on Wireless Road tonight and alcohol was readily available. I know that a few hotels near Ratchraphrasong were not / will not be serving over the pre-election and election dates. Thankfully the friends I was visiting were staying at said hotel on Wireless Road, so a crisis was averted...

That's because most hotels are exempt.

Whilst I understand why the Thais enforce these bans (alcohol related bribery etc) It's an indication of police priorities that they are unable to protect those who wanted to vote on Sunday, but had the resources to prevent drinking in establishments clearly designed for foreigners!

• Like 1