Rally in front of Dao Seafood Market, Chaweng

Mole

They've set up a stage and have been blasting propaganda and that very annoying march theme music of theirs in front of Dao Seafood Market, Chaweng.

My head is spinning.

They're using quite strong words in the speeches and a lot is outright profanities.

They're gathering people to sleep over at some office in Nathon to prevent something, I'm not sure about the details, nor did I care to listen too much. Perhaps somebody more enlightened can shed light exactly what they're planning to do tonight.

There's even a live concert at the moment. Gonna go take some pics, or it didn't happen...

post-17753-0-54364600-1390653271_thumb.j

Edited by Mole

Curious about something.

How are the local Thais on Samui dealing with the political issues in Thailand right now?

Saw a youtube video couple of weeks ago, what looked like yellowshirts had some sort of caravan with motorbikes/cars driving around Samui.

If things evolves for the worse, is it also a good advice to stay away from these kind of things, like the advice is in Bangkok for tourists, or is it safer on Samui?

Tried to read up as much as i could here on TV about the political issues, but it's not easy to find out what is right or wrong.

I hope they settle their political problems without any more bloodsheds.

Curious about something.

How are the local Thais on Samui dealing with the political issues in Thailand right now?

Saw a youtube video couple of weeks ago, what looked like yellowshirts had some sort of caravan with motorbikes/cars driving around Samui.

If things evolves for the worse, is it also a good advice to stay away from these kind of things, like the advice is in Bangkok for tourists, or is it safer on Samui?

Tried to read up as much as i could here on TV about the political issues, but it's not easy to find out what is right or wrong.

I hope they settle their political problems without any more bloodsheds.

Without knowing more about Mole has posted above, I would say generally speaking, there is not a whole lot of problems here on the islands, other than a few closures of gov. offices and once seeing a parade of a trucks with whistle blowers a few weeks back...looked more like than were having fun, than a demonstration!

You would not now anything is going on in BKK other than watching the news~!

Just stay in Maenam when you come... thumbsup.gifChawang is a crazy place any time ! w00t.gifbiggrin.pngtongue.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

post-17753-0-44942200-1394362467_thumb.j

They're gonna have a rally tonight also.

The stage has been up since this morning and they're playing the speakers at full blast right now.

They're playing in a loop this annoying march song which sounds like a north Korean prison camp motivation song. There's even accordion playing in it.

Edited by Mole
  • Like 2