Foreigner Charged With Drug Trafficking

george

Singaporean faces death penalty over drug charges in Thailand

BANGKOK : A 54-year-old Singaporean man faces the death penalty after being charged with drug trafficking in Thailand, police said Tuesday.

Koh Hoon Seng was arrested in a sting operation by undercover officers who attempted to buy ice, a type of methamphetamine, from him.

Police said he confessed to the charges and admitted to selling drugs, including ecstasy, ice and cocaine, to Thais in Bangkok's nightlife districts.

A variety of methamphetamine known as "yaa baa", which means "crazy medicine" in Thai, is extremely common here, but narcotics experts said ice was another form mostly produced in southern China.

Police searched Koh's residence on the eastern outskirts of Bangkok and found 12 small bags of ice along with 3,400 ecstasy tablets, seven small bags of cocaine and a handgun.

He was also charged with illegal possession of a firearm.

- AFP 2004-03-02

I am against taking another life, but, when I look into the eyes of my little yet innocent children and think of what they will be up against, I say; Take some bullets and remove 2/3 of the powder, shoot the son of a gun and then hammer the bullets in the rest fo the way. :o

• Like 1

Singaporean faces death penalty over drug charges in Thailand

BANGKOK : A 54-year-old Singaporean man faces the death penalty after being charged with drug trafficking in Thailand, police said Tuesday.

Koh Hoon Seng was arrested in a sting operation by undercover officers who attempted to buy ice, a type of methamphetamine, from him.

Police said he confessed to the charges and admitted to selling drugs, including ecstasy, ice and cocaine, to Thais in Bangkok's nightlife districts.

A variety of methamphetamine known as "yaa baa", which means "crazy medicine" in Thai, is extremely common here, but narcotics experts said ice was another form mostly produced in southern China.

Police searched Koh's residence on the eastern outskirts of Bangkok and found 12 small bags of ice along with 3,400 ecstasy tablets, seven small bags of cocaine and a handgun.

He was also charged with illegal possession of a firearm.

- AFP 2004-03-02

Would they be the same 3,400 ecstasy pills the Thai authorities seized from young Micheal? :o

I am against taking another life, but, when I look into the eyes of my little yet innocent children and think of what they will be up against, I say; Take some bullets and remove 2/3 of the powder, shoot the son of a gun and then hammer the bullets in the rest fo the way. :o

Agree with the protective Father here............................................................. of course you do not drink Alcohol or Smoke Cigarettes do you?

You do not want to expose your innocent ones to the 2 drugs that are responsible for 97% of all drug related deaths................do you?

More cries of shoot em, Hang em, let them rot,.......from guyz that will no doubt wake up in the morning from a Drunken haze, coughing up Black tar from last nights cigarettes

Funny world aint it. :D

hmmmm, begs is right, kind of....

I understand the difference between government controlled drugs like cigarettes and alcohol and the uncontrolled drugs that are mentioned in the article.

I understand that smoking and drinking is bad for my health, yet I still partake. I understand that drug addiction is also bad and prolonged use is more harmful to your mental state than your physical one than maybe booze and fags, depending on what you've taken - but I do take drugs and frankly feel a better, more rounded person for the experience, I'm no monster, I've never sold anything to others. I'd classify my drug use as say, a holiday to Disneyland - nice once in a while, whilst I'd classify drug addiction as being employee at Disneyland, exisiting in a continuous its-a-small-world-afterall-living-H-ell.

Anyway, before I stray too far off the point, I have no sympathy for assertive drug dealers, if they are silly enough to deal in a country were the penalty is death then that is their problem and I assume they would have thought of that before say, applying to work for parcelforce.

However it appears I don't really have a point, so I'll just throw in my two pence worth anyway and see how we go :o

I don't drink (alcohol),I don't smoke and I don't use drugs.

Always when this topic is on the air, the arguments (pro and cons)are flying around.

In Holland or Switzerland you buy certain drugs without any problems ,however in Thailand /Singapore/Indonesia it can mean the death penalty.

Stay at home or obey the laws of the country you visit.

No pity at all for any of the offenders.

There is an increasingly growing school of thought that suggests that the legalisation of all drugs may be the only responsible solution.

The "war on drugs" is lost. It was doomed right from the start as prohibtion proved in the 20's. The United States alone spends billions of dollars a year on their campaign to keep narcotics of the streets. They have failed miserably as has the rest of the world. Taksin claiming that Thailand is drug free is beyond ridiculous. People will never stop using drugs whatever the penalties and so they are often forced to deal with dangerous criminals who supply substandard product at hugely inflated prices.

Why not pull the rug out from under the feet of the drug lords and use the trillions of dollars generated for education and rehabiltation?

Worth pondering.