Overstay Clarification

So for some reason I thought my visa passport was stamped to end on January 28th, but I just looked and it actually is stamped on the 26th.

My plan is to fly to Udon Thani tonight, the 26th and was planning on staying in Udon overnight and cross the Laos land border 6:30am in the morning on the 27th, which seams like a 6 1/2 hour overstay.

I've read some posts on here stating that for a 1 day overstay you will get a 500 baht fine and an "Overstay" stamp in your passport, but no one has really clarified what a 1-day overstay is. My passport reads "Admitted until January 26th" which I assume means once January 27th rolls a you're officially on a 1 day overstay. But that the usage of "until" could actually mean that you should leave on the 25th which means 2 day overstay.

I suppose I wouldn't care about getting an overstay stamp and paying a 500-1000 baht fine, but I am doing a border run specifically to submit my school paperwork and receive and education visa. Will this overstay stamp effect my ability to get an ED visa? If so I will skip staying in Udon for the night and try to cross the border late in the evening which will kind of suck.

Can't believe I didn't notice this til the last moment!

Edited by dia1