Advance voting in at least six constituencies cancelled

Lite Beer

Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban, leader of the PCAD, promised last night that he would not obstruct the public′s constitutional rights to participate in the election

He added, "We will be up since 6 o′clock [before] you go to election at 8 o′clock. You won′t be able to go past our crowd".

I won't block you from voting, but you won't get past me!

And this guy wants to lead Thailand's "People Council"?

If I had the option to choose between Suthep and a bum living under the bridge to lead Thailand, I'd choose the bum!

• Like 2

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More brave thais defying the closed minds at the polling station. This pic got real legs because she has!!!!

So, not even with the help of the EC closing up shop under orders. People are still voting in Bangkok!!!! End of the road we pray for Suthep.

Be4WrUFCYAAWS20.jpg

You've just got to admire people who won't be intimidated by mobs. Good for her!

Long live the Thai voters, who were not bullied or coerced, but went out to exercise their constitutional right to vote!!clap2.gif

They might not have been succesful in casting their vote today, but have shown the world, that long term there is a base for a true democracy in Thailand!!

Fighting for their right to vote! Well done guys!!thumbsup.gif

The recent poll shows a majority of Thais in Bangkok favor postponement of the election. It's in the Post.

The right to vote is but one small part of a democratic society. Respect for the law and respect for minorities are major parts.

Thankfully Thailand only consists of Bangkok and if those few 1000 protesters that Suthep has left don't want the other 66,000,000 Thais to vote, then we should respect the will of the minority.

Imagine if every country in the world acted like this. We'd still be in the Stone Age.

and if the German people had acted like this in the early 1940" millions of Jews would not have faced the Gas chamber

I see a lack of learning history is not just a Thai thing...

Undeniably the fact is that this country is descending into a state of anarchy due to the relentless aims of the Thaksin clan to establish a new ruling political dynasty (Dictatorship) no matter what the cost may be in human terms, democracy and financially.

The levels of corruption are indeed unrivaled. I personally in my now 23 years here seen nothing like it and I am sure many other long term foreign residents are of the same opinion.

The Thai people are now rendering accounts for this ongoing rampant abuse of power and the unprecedented levels of corruption.

Remember that Suthep is the figurehead here but not the motor power behind the popular protest movement.

Compared to the activities of 2010 the current events are indeed a very much calmer matter, and look at the participants, they're all happy and smiling and making donations .

Now compare that state of affairs with the attitude of those involved in the previous protests in 2010. Even now those hard core Red Shirt leaders are looking morose and miserable as are their followers.

The tactics being used epitomize that saying, ''all's fair in love and war.''

The election now and Feb 2nd is a waste of money again. If the voting is done in february it will be unlawful because of the lack of candidates or similar. The shinaclan is losing ground all the time.

As a farang I do not want to take sides in the ongoing political

confrontation but....

Can somebody confirm that the next parliament - if elections take place on 2 February - will not have enough members to form a majority and a government.

I understood at least 475 elected members have to show up and - as far as I know - this number will not be reached.

So why would the actual majority push so hard so that elections can take place if they will be useless anyway...or do I miss something?

PS : I am a registered member of TV ...why can I open a new topic in this Forum?

Bit more electoral law is that for Police to come in, there has to be a direct request from the EC. It didn't happen.

So if the police do turn up, the EC and Courts try chapter 25 of their Judicial Coup by charging government with unlawful interference of elections.

Same in UK. Police cannot enter stations unless Pres. Officer asks them in.

So. Well done BIB, they not fall into the trap and unless EC call them in, the PDRC in lat Krabang are just about to get theirs. If they have not all run off yet.

Sorry if that educated a feww closed minds on here. smile.png

That's what I was thinking. The role of the EC surely includes ensuring that law and order be kept for the safety of ALL voters. They surely must have the authority to order the respective authorities (be it police or army) to ensure that voting takes place AS REQUIRED by the law, don't they?

So Pipkins is saying violence is acceptable, and Gwielo doesn't get it that the elections are not required to go forward if it is seen to severely jeopardize national security/ safety/ public good? I for 1 would not want to be the EC commish that called in the police and then had it go tits up!

Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban, leader of the PCAD, promised last night that he would not obstruct the public′s constitutional rights to participate in the election

He added, "We will be up since 6 o′clock [before] you go to election at 8 o′clock. You won′t be able to go past our crowd".

If I had the option to choose between Suthep and a bum living under the bridge to lead Thailand, I'd choose the bum!

sorry I a little confused about what you said - here's what it sounds like

you are a bum bandit -

If nominated I won't run; if elected, I won't serve...

(the bum under the bridge)

The election now and Feb 2nd is a waste of money again. If the voting is done in february it will be unlawful because of the lack of candidates or similar. The shinaclan is losing ground all the time.

Can somebody confirm that the next parliament - if elections take place on 2 February - will not have enough members to form a majority and a government.

I understood at least 475 elected members have to show up and - as far as I know - this number will not be reached.

So why would the actual majority push so hard so that elections can take place if they will be useless anyway...or do I miss something?

Bit more electoral law is that for Police to come in, there has to be a direct request from the EC. It didn't happen.

So if the police do turn up, the EC and Courts try chapter 25 of their Judicial Coup by charging government with unlawful interference of elections.

Same in UK. Police cannot enter stations unless Pres. Officer asks them in.

So. Well done BIB, they not fall into the trap and unless EC call them in, the PDRC in lat Krabang are just about to get theirs. If they have not all run off yet.

Sorry if that educated a feww closed minds on here. smile.png

That's what I was thinking. The role of the EC surely includes ensuring that law and order be kept for the safety of ALL voters. They surely must have the authority to order the respective authorities (be it police or army) to ensure that voting takes place AS REQUIRED by the law, don't they?

So Pipkins is saying violence is acceptable, and Gwielo doesn't get it that the elections are not required to go forward if it is seen to severely jeopardize national security/ safety/ public good? I for 1 would not want to be the EC commish that called in the police and then had it go tits up!

since when do the police need instructions on upholding the law - it is their job they should not need prompting from any agency including the government - just another problem that needs fixing

More brave thais defying the closed minds at the polling station. This pic got real legs because she has!!!!

So, not even with the help of the EC closing up shop under orders. People are still voting in Bangkok!!!! End of the road we pray for Suthep.

Be4WrUFCYAAWS20.jpg

You've just got to admire people who won't be intimidated by mobs. Good for her!

I hope she don't get beaten up on the way out.

The main opposition party did not register for the Feb 2 election. If it is cancelled and a new election called, they may register and stand a very good chance of winning, IMHO, as the incumbents are unable to meet rice payment commitments and more of their MPs (there are quite a few already) face serious charges and/or bans.

Man in Dubai... ohh hahahahaa not heard that for so long. Is that the depth of argument today.....

Anyway, even Thaksin could not buy pro government propaganda like this. Press shot today of the lovable mob not obstrucing elections and not intimidating people.

Pricesless. And the other pic doing the rounds is the girls (2 different pics at different places) climbing over locked gates to the jeers of PDRC "Intellects" in order to cast her vote.

Bad PR day for Suthep and his fans. EC are now saying Election running smoothly with a few exceptions.

Bangkok I'm afraid Is not Thailand!!!! and should Geography ever be taught here, many educated Thais will learn this.... or maybe not

AND just for extra extra PR value. Uniformed Army actively interfeering with election... Nice pic.... smile.png

Be4meEmCcAAGx8z.jpg

Good. A photo with no face.

How could you proof it is not a fake photo circulate by Red.

Red also have the right to bear flag.

"many unhappy voters were seen gathering at the gate..."

I did a quick estimate from the photo to estimate how many protesters there are, but the Thonburi one looks odd, like it has a que of people leading out of the building rather than a row of people blocking.

Is that a que of voters? With another group waiting at the back to get in?

No, it appears to be a donut eating police officer.

THAKSIN??"But his opponents accuse him of corruption, "vote buying" and pushing through expensive populist policies to strengthen his electoral position"

Does anyone really believe Thaksin had enough money to buy 14 million votes???

he easily might have, but the beauty of it is that he used taxpayer's money to do that through his idiotic populist policies.
  • Like 1

Tyranny, cruel and unfair treatment by people with power over others. I think cruel can be ruled out but unfair. Broken promises. Tablet computers. Not paying rice farmers.

Corruption, I'll try to keep this short. Rice pledging scheme, Amnesty bill, attempted change to make up of the senate, 350 billion baht water management project, 2 trillion baht plus so many more but I'll stop there.

Murder, 2800+ suspects murdered

Fascism, I don't think this applies to either side

Nepotism, top position for his sister, cousin and other at least 2 other family members

Dereliction of Democracy, I don't think this applies to either side

Tell me the name of the person we are talking about here. Jack

Edit feel free to add to the lists of wrong doings but keep it fair and honest please.

Edited by uty6543

Theoretically, by-elections would be run in electorates where an MP is not elected.

Sent from my phone ...

No protestors blocking polling booths in Chiangmai.

How many people in the south that are being prohibited from voting would actually be voting for the reds anyway. Who are really the big losers in BKK and other southern regions.

More good PR for the MOB. Dear Obama. we are not intimidating or blocking elections.

You really want to see fascit mob rule, wait until we get in power.

More non intimidation and no violence. Communists as well.... and army. What a shambles.

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

Won't be long now, Yingluck and her government will be gone. Constitutional court, anti corruption court, indictment for murder from the criminal courts, i can hardly wait.

Who did she kill, why is she being indicted for murder?

Man in Dubai... ohh hahahahaa not heard that for so long. Is that the depth of argument today.....

Anyway, even Thaksin could not buy pro government propaganda like this. Press shot today of the lovable mob not obstrucing elections and not intimidating people.

Pricesless. And the other pic doing the rounds is the girls (2 different pics at different places) climbing over locked gates to the jeers of PDRC "Intellects" in order to cast her vote.

Bad PR day for Suthep and his fans. EC are now saying Election running smoothly with a few exceptions.

Bangkok I'm afraid Is not Thailand!!!! and should Geography ever be taught here, many educated Thais will learn this.... or maybe not

AND just for extra extra PR value. Uniformed Army actively interfeering with election... Nice pic.... smile.png

Be4meEmCcAAGx8z.jpg

Good. A photo with no face.

How could you proof it is not a fake photo circulate by Red.

Red also have the right to bear flag.

Pipkins needs an eye test.. since when do Uniformed army wear black jeans and trainers/sneakers????

http://www.ew-trading.com/shop/worldwide-jackets-smocks-c-1_8_35/thai-leaf-pattern-shirt-p-889

Suriya: here's your Redf flag bearer:

post-195835-0-18596400-1390721114_thumb.

Reports of a fatal shooting of NPSRT person outside a temple in BangNa in the last 30 mins or so ostensibly by Red Shirts. Any idea if there's polling stations near there or is this a separate clash?

EDIT: Wat Sri Iam or Wat Sri Aium, depending on source.

Edited by householder

The main opposition party did not register for the Feb 2 election. If it is cancelled and a new election called, they may register and stand a very good chance of winning, IMHO, as the incumbents are unable to meet rice payment commitments and more of their MPs (there are quite a few already) face serious charges and/or bans.

It is very unlikely that the Democrats would win an election at this stage, and if they did, these protests would pale in comparison to what would come.

Sent from my phone ...