Advance voting in at least six constituencies cancelled

Lite Beer

What a banana republic... Who is supposed to protect voters and make sure they exercise their right to vote?

Unbelievable.

"Who is supposed to protect voters and make sure they exercise their right to vote?"

The Election Commission

I would have thought that most people would have answered that it is the national police force that is responsible for protecting voters and not five middle-aged civilian men and woman, but, hey, amazing thaivisa is often surprising.

:wacko:

Edited by tsnyder
  • Like 1

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Their strategy anticipates that enough constituencies would complete the electoral process to demonstrate that PT has won the elections, since losing in all the outstanding constituencies would not affect the result. Then they become a caretaker government in waiting, rather than just hanging on to power. The EC will be under pressure to organise by-elections to allow the legitimately elected government to take office.

This will play very well with foreign media which seem to have become much more important to Thaksin since he has become an expatriate, compared to his time in office when he disdained objections from foreign media and the UN regarding his slaughter of alleged druggies and Muslims in the South.

yes and with the opposition boycotting the election it won't be too hard to win. In East Germany the SED also won all elections.

What a load of crap!! Who exactly prevented the Dems from taking part in the election??

Whilst at Germany, how sad to see that the nazis still are having people joining them 2014!!bah.gif

• Like 1

Hope they don't bar you as this is exactly why fascism must be though. Mods. please leave this post here as it says so much about the paucity of argument on his part

getting better mate.

Always have a hand free to talk to you mate. Hope they don't bar you as this is exactly why fascism must be though. Mods. please leave this post here as it says so much about the paucity of argument on his part

getting better mate.

I know your other trolling handle so bye bye twice.

Meantime. A real force of protesters who want to vote have forced a polling station to open.

So as soon as the mob pass,. the voters get this one open.

Hope you enjoy the dying days of Sutheps Coups. It could be the last attemt ever, as they.... like you, are things of the past... fortunately

Be46HcUCAAExsRc.png

"pressed by the people, Director of Sai Mai District yielded to the demand and reopened the poll. Time is extended."

You see me to be getting less coherent as the day goes on. I'm predicting foaming at the mouth and a course of post-exposure rabies vaccinations by morning.

Lat Prao election committe under verbal attack again.

Voters want their votes back and are congregaing in real life and putting up poster in real life demanding this.

Far from a one way street in Suthep land today. We have seen many moderate Thais rise to the challenge and stand against this mob,

Be5DojeCcAAMA06.jpg

• Like 1

Reports of a fatal shooting of NPSRT person outside a temple in BangNa in the last 30 mins or so ostensibly by Red Shirts. Any idea if there's polling stations near there or is this a separate clash?

EDIT: Wat Sri Iam or Wat Sri Aium, depending on source.

Funny how those "reports" already know who did it.

Don't know the details yet of what even happened, but we already know who did it.

Hence my use of the word 'ostensibly'. Keeping a very close eye as it's a very short distance from where I'm staying.

Stay safe there

What a banana republic... Who is supposed to protect voters and make sure they exercise their right to vote?

Unbelievable.

"Who is supposed to protect voters and make sure they exercise their right to vote?"

The Election Commission

I would have that most people would have answered that it is the national police force that is responsible for protecting voters and not five middle-aged civilian men and woman, but, hey, amazing thaivisa.

wacko.png

You still not getting it, even after a full day telling you. The EC responsible to call in police

By Law Police cannot go near as illegal interfere with election.

EC clearly at fault as they know this but just decided to close the stations. Now some are opening again as voters demand it.

Voters forcing EC to re-open now. And this it just pre voting. Give it up and read some media or election law before you post something a silly as this for the 100th time today.

Very important day in Thai History. If the Thais fight off this Coup, they really can move forward.

" By Law Police cannot go near as illegal interfere with election."

What are you talking about .. there are police at EVERY polling booth... just because THEY are not doing their jobs ..you blame the EC..

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

More good PR for the MOB. Dear Obama. we are not intimidating or blocking elections.

You really want to see fascit mob rule, wait until we get in power.

More non intimidation and no violence. Communists as well.... and army. What a shambles.

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

The "good people" have come out to show their true colours. Is anyone really surprised. Let's see how this travels around the world

"NPSRT leader Suthin Taratin, former dir of New Politics Party, has been shot dead. the reports are saying red shirts"

​is any one really surprised ?

These pre elections could and should have been delayed..

A Tv-poster almost a sharp as Chalerm, who can solve crimes, even before they are committed!!clap2.gif

Who solved what! I merely posted what was on TV..blame the Twitter people who are onsite getting the news ..

What are you talking about .. there are police at EVERY polling booth... just because THEY are not doing their jobs ..you blame the EC..

At Bangkapi and Ladkrabang this morning no police. I saw it with my own eyes, if they came later I don't know... And I can't comment for other polling booth.

So your statement " there are police at EVERY polling booth" is not correct.

Be3ugd7CAAEWpbu.jpg

Wasn't it lucky that the "gentleman" in black, far left, just happened to have length of timber handy. And look at the bottom, a nicely rounded grip.

According to BlueSkyTV these gentlemen are lovers of democracy out to support their right to vote.

At Bangkapi and Ladkrabang this morning no police. I saw it with my own eyes, if they came later I don't know... And I can't comment for other polling booth.

Well. Just another nail in the Thai police coffin then as they are supposed to be there to safeguard the polling boxes ... so yet again Thai police NOT DOING their job.

What time did you go? Also gotta ask WHY were you at 2 different polling stations??

At least get your facts straight, before you continue with your bottled-up rhetoric!!

It clearly states: A demonstrator forcibly being prevented from voting!!

So it was a Thai trying to exercise his constitutional right to vote!!coffee1.gif

Reports of a fatal shooting of NPSRT person outside a temple in BangNa in the last 30 mins or so ostensibly by Red Shirts. Any idea if there's polling stations near there or is this a separate clash?

EDIT: Wat Sri Iam or Wat Sri Aium, depending on source.

Funny how those "reports" already know who did it.

Don't know the details yet of what even happened, but we already know who did it.

We don't know the details or context of any of these unsourced, unlinked photos being rapid fire posted, but that hasn't stop hundreds of replies in the thread regarding them.

Hope they don't bar you as this is exactly why fascism must be though. Mods. please leave this post here as it says so much about the paucity of argument on his part

getting better mate.

Always have a hand free to talk to you mate. Hope they don't bar you as this is exactly why fascism must be though. Mods. please leave this post here as it says so much about the paucity of argument on his part

getting better mate.

I know your other trolling handle so bye bye twice.

Meantime. A real force of protesters who want to vote have forced a polling station to open.

So as soon as the mob pass,. the voters get this one open.

Hope you enjoy the dying days of Sutheps Coups. It could be the last attemt ever, as they.... like you, are things of the past... fortunately

Be46HcUCAAExsRc.png

"pressed by the people, Director of Sai Mai District yielded to the demand and reopened the poll. Time is extended."

Not really much point in posting something as incomprehensible as this.

Well. Just another nail in the Thai police coffin then as they are supposed to be there to safeguard the polling boxes ... so yet again Thai police NOT DOING their job.

What time did you go? Also gotta ask WHY were you at 2 different polling stations??

Calm down, I am the first to say Police did not do their job. Must understand why. Why they have no reaction whatsoever.

If they are there or not, is the exact same thing. They event had no reaction when dismantled their insgnia at their HQ.

I just wanted to make a more accurate statement about the situation. And no, I did not go to the polling station but just passed by. And the reason is I was just curious to see how was the situation as seen as 1) My wife should vote at Bangkapi poll next week. Her parents will do the same at Ladkrabang. Are we good?

Obviously after all that happened and is happening today I guess the election is out of discussion. Chaos and anarchy are the winners.

At least get your facts straight, before you continue with your bottled-up rhetoric!!

It clearly states: A demonstrator forcibly being prevented from voting!!

So it was a Thai trying to exercise his constitutional right to vote!!coffee1.gif

Wow. Try reading the link. It doesn't say that in the Twitter post.

Try less coffee.

Calm down, I am the first to say Police did not do their job. Must understand why. Why they have no reaction whatsoever.

If they are there or not, is the exact same thing. They event had no reaction when dismantled their insgnia at their HQ.

I just wanted to make a more accurate statement about the situation. And no, I did not go to the polling station but just passed by. And the reason is I was just curious to see how was the situation as seen as 1) My wife should vote at Bangkapi poll next week. Her parents will do the same at Ladkrabang. Are we good?

Obviously after all that happened and is happening today I guess the election is out of discussion. Chaos and anarchy are the winners.

So in fact. You CANNOT confirm that the police were NOT at the polling station ..All you can confirm is that you didn't see them as you DROVE by... OK I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up.

So in fact. You CANNOT confirm that the police were NOT at the polling station ..All you can confirm is that you didn't see them as you DROVE by... OK I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up.

I think I am able to see police gathering outside a gate, my sight is still good. What's your problem man???

Wow, let's drop the convo here... Not much to say.

Wonder why all the voices of reason within the Dems are so quiet?? Thinking of guys like Korn Chatikavanij, Surin Pitsuwan and Abhisit!!

Ashamed of the former partymembers mad rantings and fascist ideas??w00t.gif

With guys like the three mentioned, in the current situation, the Dems might actually stand a change to win an election, if they distance themselves from Suthep!!

I for one would like to see Korn as a leader of Thailand!thumbsup.gif

Ajaan, on 26 Jan 2014 - 10:04, said:
whybother, on 26 Jan 2014 - 09:52, said:

This is what happens when the police don't do their jobs.

RT@Juarawee: RT @doctoruprising: Confrontation in Ladkrabung - PDRC vs. pro-election group RT@SutiwasHong pic.twitter.com/7JoCU2rLJp

Be3ugd7CAAEWpbu.jpg

YES!! I was actually just going to post this very photo. THIS is what needs to happen. Everyday regular people who want to VOTE need to rise up against Suthep's thugs and administer non-lethal violence. This is the only way these entitled jerks will back down.

A swift whack to the shin or a strong poke to the stomach with a piece of wood will be enough to send the hi-so madams running home, never to dare to protest again. Steel bars are, unfortunately, probably needed to fend off the "nak leng" thugs (mistakenly often called "guards")...

It also has a very high potential of escalating into weapons (disregarding the weapons already in view for the moment) being used and a death toll starting.

Protection of the polling booths should have been a priority as this type of blockade has been on the cards from the beginning. IMHO, this is not accidental having no police or army present.

One side as bad as the other, makes me wonder what the protesters see as a gain from the past weeks of protest. As someone mentioned earlier, they are all just sheep. As long as it stays like that and doesn't become lambs to the slaughter..............sad.png

Lat Prao election committe under verbal attack again.

Voters want their votes back and are congregaing in real life and putting up poster in real life demanding this.

Far from a one way street in Suthep land today. We have seen many moderate Thais rise to the challenge and stand against this mob,

Be5DojeCcAAMA06.jpg

Are you sure they are not just paid thugs by the PTP? How can you tell?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unbelievable.

The Election Commission

I would have thought that most people would have answered that it is the national police force that is responsible for protecting voters and not five middle-aged civilian men and woman, but, hey, amazing thaivisa is often surprising.

wacko.png

"The primary role of the Commission is ensure that that elections carried out in the Kingdom of Thailand is lawful and compatible with the Constitution. It is also in charge of enforcing National election laws covering: House of Representatives, Senate, Districts,Referendums, Bangkok Gubernatorial elections and Political parties.

Its responsibilities include the organization, management and counting of all elections and voting in the Kingdom, all procedures and staff will also be under the Commission's administration.

Prior to 1992, the responsibility of overseeing elections fell on the Ministry of Interior .............after the Thai general election of 1992, the Prime Minister realised the need to create a central and independent body, whose sole purpose was to regulate and manage elections."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_Commission_of_Thailand

Part of that responsibility for the organisation, management and overseeing the Elections, advance or otherwise, is to ask for security where needed. THE E.C has singularly failed in it's duties in Bangkok and the south.

So, you were saying..................

I was saying that no where in your quote is protecting voters the responsibility of the Election Commission, so thanks for confirming that.