What is your best cure for hangover?

CryWolf

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sleep it off, drink lots of fluids with electrolytes - these will help you to beat the dehydration.

If I get a real hangover I tend to feel much better after my first meal and I'm well on the road to recovery after my second meal.

For a headache I take Paracetamol / Tylenol - never take Aspirin on an empty stomach after drinking a lot of alcohol !

Coconut water is an excellent source of electrolytes and therefore an excellent hangover remedy.

Marijuana and a Thai massage, then probably some fast food

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Are you kidding?? Do you liked to be stoned with a hangover so you can fully experience the nausea, headache and terrible feeling?

You take a big iced coke and drink it same time. This really helps. The sugar gives you energy, the caffeine refreshes your body and the CO2 starts to move your stomach. Try it, and inform us!

As KarenBravo said earlier, if available, a couple of good blasts of oxygen to clear out the blood stream. I never found anything better or faster getting rid of a hangover.

One of the main reasons I did scuba diving many years ago. And probably the reason I have been dry since 1999; got p'ed off carrying the bottles about with me..............wink.png

I hope you were not diving on O2??? Scuba cylinders are filled with normal air 21% O2 78% Nitrogen.

Scuba on pure O2 has a good chance of killing you if you go to any depth.

There is a soft gelatine capsule you can buy in pharmacies, a combination of ginseng and royal jelly, brand name Ginsroy, if I recall correctly. After an evening of heavy drinking, take 6 capsules before going to bed. In the likely event that you forget it in the evening, take the 6 capsules when waking up in the morning with a hangover.

At other times, when not drinking to excess, 1 capsule a day with breakfast is useful for general health, as it is said to increase oxygen uptake by the blood, improved oxygen flow to the brain, and better oxygen utilisation by the cells in general.

My cure is to not get one in the first place.

When i begin to notice I am drinking a lot, I start ordering waters

Before I hit home I hit a 7-11 (within walking distance of home so a taxi or friend can drop me off there)

I then get 1 Gatorade. 1 bottle of Hang, and 2 pork filled Chinese buns.

Water to fight the dehydration, and electrolytes and B vitamins to replace those peed out, and some protein, fat, and carbs to help soak up alcohol to slow it down from quickly passing through intestinal lining.

Sounds like a fun end to a night out

When you are done drinking, take double dose of your coffee hot. Then drink as much much water as you can before going to bed.

Never failed me.

If in the morning there is lingering affects, more coffee and then heavy breakfast.

Like the old American ads to for the drunk driver to drink coffee (or the Thai to driver to take speed if tired). The wide awake drunk. Except now we are introducing getting up for a pee (if you are lucky). Maybe not the best of advise for some for more incontinent posters.

Paracetamol is bad for your liver and even worse when you combine it with alcohol. I try to avoid medication when possible.

Most people have already mentioned these but combining them together helps knock out a bad hangover. Lots of water (rehydrate!), lots of caffeine (found in some pain medication), eggs and bananas and fatty food (supposed to help the body release oxytocin), vitamin b super complex, and lots of sex or self relief (also releases oxytocin and other chemicals), and if you can scrounge it up a shot of oxygen but I unfortunately don't have easy access to that!

Basically.... water.... and a wank, and breathe deeply!!!

A new level of living cheaply in Thailand on whatever visa has been discovered.

Many thanks to you from me and I am sure the whole TV community.

As KarenBravo said earlier, if available, a couple of good blasts of oxygen to clear out the blood stream. I never found anything better or faster getting rid of a hangover.

One of the main reasons I did scuba diving many years ago. And probably the reason I have been dry since 1999; got p'ed off carrying the bottles about with me..............wink.png

The only issue with the blast of oxygen myth is that your bloodstream is (or unless you are sick) is 100% oxygenated. That's what blood and oxygen does. You can't put more oxygen in than 100%.

i was sick a few years ago and went to hospital. My blood oxygen was down to 97%. The night nurse said "not surprising the way you snore"!

Do something active, don't sit around doing nothing because I find that's when I really feel the hangover. Go out and do something to make yourself sweat loads so you sweat it out. Drink loads of water whilst doing this. Then have a freezing cold shower after.

Or a hair of the dog is another option thumbsup.gif

Do something active, don't sit around doing nothing because I find that's when I really feel the hangover. Go out and do something to make yourself sweat loads so you sweat it out. Drink loads of water whilst doing this. Then have a freezing cold shower after.

Or a hair of the dog is another option thumbsup.gif

Activity is the go. Get the blood moving around the body. The liver is the basis of all hangovers. When we get drunk it is because the input of alcohol outstrips the livers ability to metabolise the booze. All the coffee/vitamins etc in the world will not change this. You might feel better, sure, but still be pissed.

There is no "cure." But alcohol depletes vitamin B and dehydrates you. A brewers' yeast mixed with orange juice, and lots of water helps. For that empty stomach, don't want to eat anything feeling, I like a chocolate milkshake.

I buy a product in Australia called Hydrodol which you take while you are drinking, works great at preventing hangovers, up to a point.

A mate of mine in CM put me on to a very cheap and easy cure years ago, glucose. Cheap as chips and you just mix 3 heaped teaspoons in a half glass of oj and drink as soon as you wake up after a big night out, works for me within 30-45 minutes, feel as if you did not even have a drink last night. You can buy it in a light blue can in most decent pharmacies around Thailand. Good luck and stop bloody getting so wasted !

• Like 1